Patriots/NFL 2021 Preseason: Next Game Sunday 8/29 v. NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
No insinuation on my part. He got educated by the wives of his 2 teammates and then obviously chose to go a different route than the majority of his teammates.

He gave his vaccination status away when the cameras caught him on the sidelines with a mask on during last week's game.

He doesn't want to get vaccinated well that's his decision but when you break protocols and screw over your team, the majority of them having been vaccinated, I am going to react the way I am.
We don’t really know the facts here. This is all speculation. Maybe he’s not vaccinated. However, if he isn’t, we don’t know his reasons. Could be medical. If he broke protocol I’d assume the team/ league would suspend him.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Condolences are being sent in another thread to a man gone too soon. Simultaneously in this thread fans are shitting all over another young man whom we don’t personally know and are speculating on details of this “story”. Some of us just can’t help ourselves & ooze toxicity

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
We don’t really know the facts here. This is all speculation. Maybe he’s not vaccinated. However, if he isn’t, we don’t know his reasons. Could be medical. If he broke protocol I’d assume the team/ league would suspend him.
Bottom line is that he violated COVID protocols and it puts the team and organization in a shitty spot.

He doesn't get any benefit of the doubt from me especially because these rules have been in place for a number of months now.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Bottom line is that he violated COVID protocols and it puts the team and organization in a shitty spot.

He doesn't get any benefit of the doubt from me especially because these rules have been in place for a number of months now.
People make mistakes, not always intentionally. No need to crucify the kid. Maybe it was an honest oversight.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Heres the Globe piece.

Cam Newton to miss Patriots practices because of COVID protocol ‘misunderstanding’ - The Boston Globe

FOXBOROUGH — Quarterback Cam Newton will be unable to attend practice until Thursday because of a “misunderstanding” involving COVID testing, the Patriots announced Monday.
Newton was not spotted on the field for practice Monday, his first absence of training camp. Soon after the session began, the Patriots released a statement explaining his status.
“On Saturday, Cam Newton traveled to a Club-approved medical appointment that required him to leave the New England area,” read the statement. “He received daily Covid tests, which were all negative. Due to a misunderstanding about tests conducted away from NFL facilities, and as required by the NFL-NFLPA protocols, Cam will be subject to the five-day entry cadence process before returning to the facility.”

While away from the facility, Newton will participate virtually in team activities. The Patriots are scheduled to practice Monday and Tuesday before hosting the New York Giants for joint practices Wednesday and Thursday.

According to the league’s health and safety protocols for training camp and preseason, only non-vaccinated individuals are subject to the five-day entry cadence process in order to return to the facility. Asked earlier in August about whether he’s received the vaccine, Newton declined to share.

“I think it’s too personal for each and every person to kind of discuss it,” he said. “I’ll just keep it at that.”

Newton’s absence creates an opportunity for rookie Mac Jones, who will take on additional reps with the presumed starters. Jones and Brian Hoyer were the two quarterbacks available on Monday, with Jarrett Stidham still on the physically unable to perform list.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
People make mistakes, not always intentionally. No need to crucify the kid. Maybe it was an honest oversight.
He made a mistake my ass. These protocols have been around for MONTHS and he had no issue following them until today.

Enough with the bullshit excuses.

Reactions: Midship

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Perhaps his vaccine status is what really is your issue here. My sister despises anyone who isn’t vaccinated. She hates Cam now. To each their own.
Not even close. I don't like that my starting QB couldn't follow the rules and thus is hurting the team in the last week of camp.

He gets no pass from me especially when his teammates can follow protocols.

Reactions: Midship

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
He made a mistake my ass. These protocols have been around for MONTHS and he had no issue following them until today.

Enough with the bullshit excuses.

Sounds like the 'misunderstanding' is related to different protocols when away from the 'area'.

Sounds like he was tested daily while away.

I'm curious as to what part of his daily testing wasn't up to league protocol.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Condolences are being sent in another thread to a man gone too soon. Simultaneously in this thread fans are shitting all over another young man whom we don’t personally know and are speculating on details of this “story”. Some of us just can’t help ourselves & ooze toxicity

....Do you think those two things are equivalent in any f***ing way?

Do you really think that? Is that a legitimate point you just tried to make?

I hope/want Cam to get the vaccine to protect himself and others.

f***ing absurd using a tragic death to make a stupid non-point. Gross shit. Absolutely vile.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
The real "oversight" is the fact that Cam contracted covid last year and still refuses to get the vaccine. Cut his ass. Scary to think how much influence he probably has in the locker room given his status in the league and position on the team as QB1.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Sounds like the 'misunderstanding' is related to different protocols when away from the 'area'.

Sounds like he was tested daily while away.

I'm curious as to what part of his daily testing wasn't up to league protocol.
Obviously I hope he actually answers the questions from reporters because owning his part in the situation will go a long way.

We are 18 months into a pandemic and to be reckless and having "misunderstandings" about protocols that have been in place for months is simply unacceptable.

Just when you finally think he's got that it factor back, this happens. It is a giant distraction that was not needed.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
....Do you think those two things are equivalent in any f***ing way?

Do you really think that? Is that a legitimate point you just tried to make?

I hope/want Cam to get the vaccine to protect himself and others.

f***ing absurd using a tragic death to make a stupid non-point. Gross shit. Absolutely vile.
100% equivalent. Just because you say it isn’t doesn’t make it true.

Unless you’re an insider or a friend of Cam Newton you have zero insight as to what happened here. You’re just an average joe sipping your soy latte hammering away on your MacBook. Carry on.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
The real "oversight" is the fact that Cam contracted covid last year and still refuses to get the vaccine. Cut his ass. Scary to think how much influence he probably has in the locker room given his status in the league and position on the team as QB1.
He told you he refuses to get vaccinated? Next time you chat up Cam ask him how his shoulder is healing.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
100% equivalent. Just because you say it isn’t doesn’t make it true.

Unless you’re an insider or a friend of Cam Newton you have zero insight as to what happened here. You’re just an average joe sipping your soy latte hammering away on your MacBook. Carry on.

LOL.

Gave away the whole game there, buddy boy.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
He told you he refuses to get vaccinated? Next time you chat up Cam ask him how his shoulder is healing.
We both know this is common knowledge and that I (obviously) was not informed of this by Cam personally. But I guess we are just being intentionally obtuse? Weird hill to die on, especially on a hockey forum. Do what you gotta do I guess. :dunno:

Reactions: Alicat

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Lawrence struggling behind a shaky Oline and now Etienne having a Lisfranc injury. Jacksonville might have a looong season

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
It was "club approved" based on the article.

I have no dog in this fight, but it seems to me that it was an organizational error, not on Cam.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Lots of virtue signaling brought on by covid. At this point everyone has had the opportunity to get vaccinated. Statistics show the vaccine works. Delta variant is more easily transmissible & breakthrough cases are occurring, however, the majority of these breakthrough cases lead to asymptotic cases or mild side effects.
Imo vaccinated folks are safe. Delta is buzzing through the country regardless of vaccination status. If someone has chosen to not get vaccinated, that’s on them. However they are of no harm to the vaccinated population imo.
The folks who are most at risk from the unvaccinated, are the unvaccinated. NFL completely botched this imo. They caved to media, political, & Twitter pressure. As most of corporate America is. It’s easier to play along than to take heat from the virtue signaling mob. However I have no sympathy for the league when the game schedules start getting effected.

PeanutButter37

Feb 20, 2015
Lots of virtue signaling brought on by covid. At this point everyone has had the opportunity to get vaccinated. Statistics show the vaccine works. Delta variant is more easily transmissible & breakthrough cases are occurring, however, the majority of these breakthrough cases lead to asymptotic cases or mild side effects.
Imo vaccinated folks are safe. Delta is buzzing through the country regardless of vaccination status. If someone has chosen to not get vaccinated, that’s on them. However they are of no harm to the vaccinated population imo.
The folks who are most at risk from the unvaccinated, are the unvaccinated. NFL completely botched this imo. They caved to media, political, & Twitter pressure. As most of corporate America is. It’s easier to play along than to take heat from the virtue signaling mob. However I have no sympathy for the league when the game schedules start getting effected.

Pick one. If the Delta variant is proven to be more transmissible and there are more breakthrough cases, then these people are harmful to the vaccinated population. They are also harmful to people who can't get the vaccine for whatever reason. Even with asymptomatic or mild side effects, you can still be impacted by long-term issues associated to the virus.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Pick one. If the Delta variant is proven to be more transmissible and there are more breakthrough cases, then these people are harmful to the vaccinated population. They are also harmful to people who can't get the vaccine for whatever reason. Even with asymptomatic or mild side effects, you can still be impacted by long-term issues associated to the virus.
I can’t speak to the bolded as this is news to me. I haven’t read anything that suggests this.

Delta doesn’t discriminate, it’s infecting both vaxxed & unvaxxed. Vaxxed have a much better chance at avoiding serious consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad