Patriots/NFL 2021 Preseason: Next Game Sunday 8/29 v. NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
My only question was Mac’s arm talent and being able to make reads on guys who don’t have yards of separation- from what I’ve seen the arm isn’t a concern at all and his reads are further along than I thought they would be

I’d be comfortable with him starting week 1 but I still don’t think it’s ideal. You let Cam play until he sucks and that way you don’t have this whole “QB controversy” angle we have to hear the media run with. He’ll have a clear runway and lowered expectations. If you start him immediately I think expectations are higher and he’d have Cam/the media breathing down his neck the second he begins to struggle

Super thrilled to have him though. Everybody knows I was a Trey Lance guy in the draft but Mac really does seem like the perfect fit for our situation

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
My only question was Mac’s arm talent and being able to make reads on guys who don’t have yards of separation- from what I’ve seen the arm isn’t a concern at all and his reads are further along than I thought they would be

I’d be comfortable with him starting week 1 but I still don’t think it’s ideal. You let Cam play until he sucks and that way you don’t have this whole “QB controversy” angle we have to hear the media run with. He’ll have a clear runway and lowered expectations. If you start him immediately I think expectations are higher and he’d have Cam/the media breathing down his neck the second he begins to struggle

Super thrilled to have him though. Everybody knows I was a Trey Lance guy in the draft but Mac really does seem like the perfect fit for our situation

I always thought Cam would get a chance to fail and then we'd see Mac. I think however things may be changing. BB can't be happy with Cam and this is two years in a row
with a COVID 'misunderstanding'. Plus, it sounds like he's on fire today. he just might take the job.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I always thought Cam would get a chance to fail and then we'd see Mac. I think however things may be changing. BB can't be happy with Cam and this is two years in a row
with a COVID 'misunderstanding'. Plus, it sounds like he's on fire today. he just might take the job.

from what it seems this recent covid issue is as much on the team as it is on Cam. Apparently they aren’t too happy with the league

So I don’t think this incident hurts his standing. Mac coming out and possibly taking the job while he’s away with some red hot play could though

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
from what it seems this recent covid issue is as much on the team as it is on Cam. Apparently they aren’t too happy with the league

So I don’t think this incident hurts his standing. Mac coming out and possibly taking the job while he’s away with some red hot play could though

Not sure, but possible. The team did allow him to leave, but listening to NFL radio, teams don't like you leaving unless it's a death, or a birth....and now this happens.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
By and large Sony was average. His best games were when it mattered most though in the SB run, so it's hard to be more critical.

Of course, you still should never draft a RB in the first round. Ever.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
By and large Sony was average. His best games were when it mattered most though in the SB run, so it's hard to be more critical.

Of course, you still should never draft a RB in the first round. Ever.

Exactly. And some people are even saying this is a bad trade or a big loss. I just don't get that. Not having Sony Michel will not dictate how the season goes.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
We will see what it looks like but biggest weakness on offense still has to be WR. Even with the free agent signings I think it's a weak group. Really need those tight ends to produce.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Internet, football shows, network yackers

Patriots got hosed

hopefully Bruins message board knows best

they better run all over Miami

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If reports on Jones today are accurate I would cut Cam Newton today. Why are we bothering with a QB who can't throw and adds the headache of not getting vaccinated?

Reactions: Therick67

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

Patriots got hosed

Guarantee the Bruins message board has watched more Sony Michel games those other people you listed. Most people who don't know the player and are just looking at the draft position

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Guarantee the Bruins message board has watched more Sony Michel games those other people you listed. Most people who don't know the player and are just looking at the draft position
It’s a bad decision and I’m not going to enjoy when I have to come here and say I told you so. Hopefully Harris can play 17 games

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Me watching people praise Mac after initially saying he was trash, a product of a good Bama team, and a bad pick.

Me over the last year saying that I'm telling you if he comes here, he's going to fit like a glove:

Reactions: Silva

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Patriots got hosed

It seems to me that you're the only one saying this. I think you're worrying too much about the backup RB for a team that's not a Super Bowl contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad