Patriots/NFL 2021 Preseason: Next Game Sunday 8/29 v. NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
If Bill didn't have a history of picking players from colleges his friends coach at and ignoring his scouts advice then i might agree with you. This is 100% a Belichick pick and it's not even just Fields, Jones is just mediocrity who played on rosters with stacked offensive talent

By that logic, every QB from a top team in a power 5 conference isn't worth taking because they are all loaded with talent.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I watched almost every pass Jones threw last year. Belichick and McDaniels wanted him for the same reason everyone one thought Kyle Shanahan wanted him. He'll do exactly what you want him to do within the offense. He's not going to make many plays that make you go "Wow!" He'll be a solid starter, but anything more than that will be a surprise.

The crazy thing to me is we've seen Belichick talk about how difficult the athletic QBs are to defend, and in the end, he sticks with his standard QB profile in Jones.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
My best Mel Kiper

" if you look closely, you'll notice that Mac Jones has the same amount of letters in his first and last name as Tom Brady. This was by design, as his parents, organic tomato farmers who work the fields year round, have been grooming him for this since day one "

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Im not concerned that he’s not mobile. Nice to have for me.
Looks like he has an arm. More important to me.

Now does he have a brain? Thats the thing I’ll need to see with my own eyes. Because to me thats whats most important.

Ive seen a lot of great scramblers. Ive seen a lot of cannon arms. But if theyre meatheads it doesnt matter.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Im not concerned that he’s not mobile. Nice to have for me.
Looks like he has an arm. More important to me.

Now does he have a brain? Thats the thing I’ll need to see with my own eyes. Because to me thats whats most important.

Ive seen a lot of great scramblers. Ive seen a lot of cannon arms. But if theyre meatheads it doesnt matter.

He definitely has a brain, at least a football one. Biggest question is who's the first Patriots reporter who asks him about his DUI in college. Ben 'Trollin' Volin is the favorite at -1000.

Reactions: Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad