Patriots/NFL 2021 Preseason: Next Game Sunday 8/29 v. NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like an average rb goes for about 4th rounder and that's what Michel is. He would get the yards in front of him and hold onto the ball. Wasn't really going to do much else
5.7 is 5.7

we aren’t talking the steroid Steelers OL from the 70’s

Already forgot by most Patriots fans Is Michel 2020 playoff run

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Haven't forgotten. Like I said, not a bust like Harry. Just never a player you spend a 1st round pick on. People like the Pats RBs, right? Appears to be a solid group. What was highest pick of that group? Harris in 3rd round?

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
5.7 is 5.7

we aren’t talking the steroid Steelers OL from the 70’s

Already forgot by most Patriots fans Is Michel 2020 playoff run
79 attempts though
Had 247 the year before and average 3.7

The guy didn't suck, but he was very average and very replaceable.

They also declined his 5th year and this would most likely be his last year with the Patriots

Last edited:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
A 4th round comp pick in 2022 for a backup RB who you weren't going to re-sign, so best case scenario was getting a 5th round comp pick in 2023. That seems like a good trade to me. I'm not all that concerned about the scenario where Harris is injured. If we know anything in this league, RB is the most replaceable position. I view it as a positive that they felt they had the internal replacements to be able to trade Michel.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
79 attempts though
Had 247 the year before and average 3.7

The guy didn't suck, but he was very average and very replaceable.

They also declined his 5th year and this would most likely be his last year with the Patriots
He said last year he felt healthy and boom

hopefully Harris stays healthy

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
He said last year he felt healthy and boom

hopefully Harris stays healthy
He's already missed significant time in 2 of 3 first seasons, I doubt that gets better as his career goes on. The shelf life even for elite guys is never super long and I wouldn't consider Sony elite by any stretch.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Harris. Stevenson. Taylor. White. Bolden.

Still one of the deepest and best running back groups in the league.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I want to go on record this is a horrible move

the point is to win games and Sony Michel would help this year and the picks won’t

hopefully Harris makes it thru 17 games

just don’t get this if they are serious about being a running team

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
A 4th round comp pick in 2022 for a backup RB who you weren't going to re-sign, so best case scenario was getting a 5th round comp pick in 2023. That seems like a good trade to me. I'm not all that concerned about the scenario where Harris is injured. If we know anything in this league, RB is the most replaceable position. I view it as a positive that they felt they had the internal replacements to be able to trade Michel.
I can’t believe how bad a move this is

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I have the same dislike of this deal I had one Harry Sinden put Geoff Courtnall with 32 goals at the time into the Ranford to Moog trade

just senseless

Reactions: LSCII

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

the point is to win games and Sony Michel would help this year and the picks won’t

It makes little sense. A 4th at best? Michel would be solid RB depth, even if for just this season. Unless Bill needs that 4th for another move? I don’t get this move

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It makes little sense. A 4th at best? Michel would be solid RB depth, even if for just this season. Unless Bill needs that 4th for another move? I don’t get this move
If Harris gets hurt that 5th round pick can step right in

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

Bill never thinks about things in a vacuum or one year at a time. They have plenty of depth at RB and Sony was very average and in the last year of his deal. No brainer if you ask me

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bill never thinks about things in a vacuum or one year at a time. They have plenty of depth at RB and Sony was very average and in the last year of his deal. No brainer if you ask me
Me and you can look back in February and see which one of us was correct

I am rooting for you

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Michel had some good moments as a Pat. I don't think we lost an elite back where they can't find similar production from elsewhere. RB's can be found anywhere, nobody wanted Fournette and he now has a superbowl ring

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I liked Michel. He played well for us and was a critical piece in our last SB win.
The writing was on the wall when BB declined to pickup his option.
This offense is built around the short- medium passes and running the ball.
Realistically, how many times will we hand the ball off per game...30 times max?
If we are using 3 backs, that is 10 touches each and we have White to use on 3rd downs.
No need to have him in the lineup anymore especially when we have 3 legit starters in Harris / Taylor and Stevenson.
We save his cap hit as well, which is 1.79M will come in handy at some point during the year and next year.
Wish him all the best.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I find that Matt Chatham often has reasonable Patriots takes, though they are usually optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca