2021 Pre-Season Friendlies

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This preseason has been very worrying for me in terms of making the top five (not that I had any hope in the first place)…

- Only two wins against the likes of Milwall and Watford lol.

- Losses or draws against Hibernian, Rangers, Chelsea, and Spurs. Lost to Chelsea’s “B” squad when we played our full force.

- Bought three players…two are youngsters that were brought in to hopefully replace the starting XI when they age or get injured.

- The other player we clearly overpaid for when there were better options which were cheaper across Europe.

- Players who are clear back ups are now going to become starters against Brentford such as Bellerin, Kola, Mari/Holding, and El Neny (who has been an utter disaster thus far).

- Haven’t played any youngsters to see what we have over the likes of the same old rubbish.

- Aubameyang is aging more poorly than Bill Murray’s face.

- The set piece defending has been absolutely atrocious.

- The same mistakes keep on happening from the same players that have been here since the Wenger era.

- Still do not have a back up goalkeeper.

- Still do not have a proper right back. There’s probably more I can full on rant about, but I do not have any time left to continue this post.

I do want to say one final thing, LOL at the stupid banter from the Spurs fans celebrating a win while looking like rubbish. Beating us isn’t that hard to do anymore, especially when Arteta looking like he’s totally out of his realm. You can have the preseason win, but don’t think you beat like Robocop or Terminator here, Arsenal was in relegation last year and I fully expect to be in the same position this year before another miracle run shoots us towards the top.

Reactions: Rob

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Complete change of energy since Robertson injury. Bilbao in control now. LFC now just look like they are trying not to get hurt. Bilbao goal was a defensive mess.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This Bilbao backup keep is fun. Super active. Rarely stays still. Will probably drive them crazy in certain games but he’s definitely talented. But then again LFC make every backup keeper look good

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Virgil gets 70ish minutes today. Definitely still getting his fitness up. His passing is almost there. Defending is a bit rusty and is still building his stamina up. Still encouraging to see. A couple of weeks ago didn’t think he would be ready for the start of the season but he probably starts week 1. Need to work out the kinks against Norwich and Burnley and be firing for Chelsea

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Harvey Elliott having another great game. Should have a goal, just hit upper 90. Would not be surprised if he starts against Norwich.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
@S E P H whats your starting XI week one?
X1 - Laca - Pepe
ESR
Xhaka - El Neny
Tierney - X2 - White - Bellerin
Leno

X1: Probably Auba, but it could also Saka.
X2: Mari or Holding, either one will make mistakes.

That’s the team I am expecting Arteta to start.​
Auba has been so bad that he shouldn’t be starting for any sort of Arsenal team in the first couple of weeks. Keeps missing sitters and isn’t doing anything out there. And when I mean any club, I wouldn’t start him in the U23s either.

Reactions: Savant

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
X1 - Laca - Pepe
ESR
Xhaka - El Neny
Tierney - X2 - White - Bellerin
Leno

X1: Probably Auba, but it could also Saka.
X2: Mari or Holding, either one will make mistakes.

That’s the team I am expecting Arteta to start.​
Auba has been so bad that he shouldn’t be starting for any sort of Arsenal team in the first couple of weeks. Keeps missing sitters and isn’t doing anything out there. And when I mean any club, I wouldn’t start him in the U23s either.
Elneny? Stop having a laugh. Willock should start and Lokonga is more than ready. Lacazette poses very little threat and kills so, so many attacks. Lets just play Aubameyang who, while missing chances, looks hungry and energetic. Play him in his right position. Otherwise you could throw Balogun in there.

Leno

Bellerin - White - Holding - Tierney

Willock/Lokonga - Xhaka

Pepe - ESR - Saka

Aubameyang/Balogun

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Elneny? Stop having a laugh. Willock should start and Lokonga is more than ready. Lacazette poses very little threat and kills so, so many attacks. Lets just play Aubameyang who, while missing chances, looks hungry and energetic. Play him in his right position. Otherwise you could throw Balogun in there.

Leno

Willock/Lokonga - Xhaka

Pepe - ESR - Saka

Aubameyang/Balogun
FYI my squad is what I expect Arteta to start, not what I want to do.

Reactions: AB13

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Leno

Willock/Lokonga - Xhaka

Pepe - ESR - Saka

Aubameyang/Balogun
He said that would be Arteta's choices, not his own.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Memphis with another goal.

I haven't been completely up to date. Is he actually not allowed to be registered?

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Seems pretty impossible to do, not sure what La Liga are going to come up as a solution. Going to 1/3 of salaries allowed from 2019/20 level isn't possible if they are unable to find buyers. Barcelona's salary allowance is set at about same level as Villarreal and Bilbao.

If they simply leave some players unregistered, those contracts still exist and Barcelona have to pay to players who won't be playing. So that wouldn't improve their financies at all.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't know if there are any statistics proving me wrong available, but to me pre-season results mean nothing.

Nice to see fans giving Saka some support.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Seems like Umtiti is the one Barcelona fans have decided to blame.

Edit. though the clapping has begun to drown out the whistling. Now after about 10 minutes it sounds down to one person whistling

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad