2021 Pre-Season Friendlies

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal plays Hibernian today hence the thread creation.

EDIT: Jk the game is tomorrow, I totally know what day it is today
I haven't been paying attention at all to the news coming out of preseason, but on AFTV they keep whining about how Arsenal doesn't have a goalkeeper in preseason. Did something happen with Leno that I don't know about?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I haven't been paying attention at all to the news coming out of preseason, but on AFTV they keep whining about how Arsenal doesn't have a goalkeeper in preseason. Did something happen with Leno that I don't know about?
They might be giving him a break after the euros? Or is he going to the Olympics? No idea but I don’t see why runarsson, okonkwo, Hein, and iliev can’t play

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
They might be giving him a break after the euros? Or is he going to the Olympics? No idea but I don’t see why runarsson, okonkwo, Hein, and iliev can’t play

Runnarson is being loaned/sold to some team in Turkey. It's going to be Okonkwo most likely playing.

All preseason games will be streamed on Arsenal.com

Reactions: Rob

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
New Arsenal home kit being debuted this weekend at the friendlies. There are some leaks out and it looks like a solid kit.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs playing Leyton Orient in an hour. Will be streamed on Spurs website. Looks like a back three. Squad consists of Hart, Dier, Winks, Dele, Bergwijn, Lucas, with the rest being only youth. Most excited over Dane Scarlett and Alfie Devine.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG's youngsters impressing.
Everyone raving about Bitshiabu of course. Poch wants him in the final roster and he just turned 16.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Armindo Sieb with a nice goal 5 minutes into Bayern's friendly with Köln. Alongside Sieb (#47), Rhein (#45), Zirkzee (#14), Stanisic (#44), and the americans (Richards #15 & Booth #48) got the start in this one.

On Köln's side, Katterbach (#3) & Thielmann (#29) are playing...Thielmann nabbing the equalizer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mark Uth puts Koln ahead on a nifty finish; couldn't tell if that was Upa or Richards who fell asleep on that one.

I like that Rhein has some of that dickishness that Kimmich showed at an early age. As a smaller midfielder, that combativeness will serve him well.

Booth has had a couple of bad giveaways in his own third, good showing on the whole, but he needs to be way more aware of pressers coming up behind him.

Zirkzee makes it 2-2. I'm still not sure he ends up significantly better than Gomez / Weghorst, but I may well have under-rated the kid. He has been developing well for Bayern.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs first half notes:

- I like the eagerness to press.

- I like the increased verticality and tempo when attacking, but they should resort to longer balls less.

- Dele was utilized very interestingly. Much deeper than usual, would get really close to the centre-halves to aid them in build-up play.

- Nile John surprised me positively.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm not watching but looks like Sargent scored for Werder against Feyenoord. Might switch over for the second half of that one since they are playing Mai & Mbom on the right side of their back-4 and Felix Agu at LB.

Unlike Sargent or Eggestein, Augustinsson isn't even on the bench for Werder...assuming that's cause his departure is more imminent than that of the first two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad