2021 Pre-Season Friendlies

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No chance Arsenal is making the top five with that lineup @S E P H. That midfield pairing is shocking and Holding/Mari aren’t top five quality center halves. Arsenal needs a big season from Auba. They should put him at CF. He wasn’t as good last season, but getting him back to his best is their best chance at top five.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I only watched the highlights from Spurs - Arsenal, but hopefully this is how Arsenal will look come the actual season as well.

I don't think Arsenal got a terrible team, far from it, but it would take something special for them to end up top 5 (or at least a couple of other teams imploding a bit). I don't see it, but then again the league is funny. If you beat the bottom 7-8 teams both home and away you are always going to be in and around top 5-6.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Barca play in an hour…just don’t feel like it

I watched some of the game and while they played pretty well and there's still plenty of exciting young talent, I too have this feeling of dread knowing Messi is gone and won't come back.
In some moments more than others, like watching Griezzy butcher every free kick. It's just never going to be the same. I feel like this is the first time in my life watching Barça going into the season without a true star player to look forward to. Going from Ronaldo to Rivaldo to Ronaldinho to the Xavi/Iniesta/Messi era. And now we're left with the remainders of the old guard, a lot of mediocre players, and some exciting prospects who are still too young to be considered star players really.
It hasn't really sunk in yet, Messi leaving, I think it only will a couple of months into the season when he's not there anymore to save us in tough games.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I have no idea why you think this way.
No player should get booed because of Messi. This is entirely on the board(s).
Because they suck and refused to take a pay cut or leave. I usually side with the player when they exercise their right to push for a move. So, I'll side with my club on this one.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Seems totally off to me.
Alba sucks defensively. Busquets doesn't move if he doesn't have the ball. Pique was awful last season and for most of the last 2. Those 3 have huge salaries they were offered.
Umtiti has no reason to cut his salary to invite more competition. Same with the "others".
You're tying to find culprits in the wrong places there. If you want to find guilty people, look at the boards. And will you boo Aguero too? He is earning 6M for being injured! And Garcia too? Left early and then came back with a nice 6M figure?

Those are bad moves by the boardS, not by the players.

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Busi is still good took a pay cut. Pique miles ahead of their other Cbs took a pay cut. Alba still good.

Sam, Coutinho, Pjanic and Roberto suck and no pay cut.

Kun and Garcia if they earn their keep should be fine too. Not sure how many times I have to explain it lol. You wanna stick by your guy that's fine by me but my position is clear. Its fine if you dont agree or like it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But they have zero incentive to cut their paycheck.
What if your boss asked you to lower your wage so that he can hire a new guy that might take your bonuses (aka playing time)?
You'd laugh to him.

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What if your boss asked you to lower your wage so that he can hire a new guy that might take your bonuses (aka playing time)?
You'd laugh to him.
So when a player wants to leave and the club refuses is it ok to keep them against their wishes. I like consistency.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I can understand supporters' frustration with a guy like Umtiti. On a massive wage, injured a lot, decided to go with his own method of recovery from injury which seemingly did nothing, not a regular starter (nor should he be) but seems content to ride the bench and collect that big check... Also, other players, like Messi himself, took paycuts. So I can see where supporters are frustrated. How they conduct themselves with regards to said frustration is question. Booing a player you paid a ticket to watch is something I can accept. What good it does is debatable.

You'd laugh to him.

I would have taken a paycut last year if Covid would have kept us out a lot longer. Not now though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No chance Arsenal is making the top five with that lineup @S E P H. That midfield pairing is shocking and Holding/Mari aren’t top five quality center halves. Arsenal needs a big season from Auba. They should put him at CF. He wasn’t as good last season, but getting him back to his best is their best chance at top five.
I highly doubt we’re the only one, but Arsenal is facing some injuries and players on vacation.

Starting XI probably looks more like this…
Martinelli - Auba - Pepe
Saka - Xhaka - Partey - Bellerin
Tierney - Gabriel - White
Leno
Personally I would go with a 4-4-2…

Martinelli - Auba
Saka - Xhaka - Partey - Pepe
Tierney - Gabriel - White - Bellerin
Leno

We really need a RB.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Last preseason game for Liverpool. A little surprised that Tsimikas is starting but he has been very good this preseason and the minutes won’t hurt.

Great that Kaide Gordon gets a game at Anfield too. Been a standout at 16 years old this preseason. Big future ahead, although a loan is probably on the horizon this season; did wonders for Harvey Elliott though.

Also Thiago and Henderson on the bench will get minutes today. Not sure either start week one though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Where did I say that?
And yoh didn't answer my question about your job.
Then you would agree both parties should be able to push for a move if they're not happy with the situation. And fans should be able to express themselves. Good we are in agreement.

If my boss wanted to fire me because I suck and my co workers want me gone. There's also hundreds of people on my way to work booing me. Yeah i'd pack my shit.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You avoided answering my question.
I guess you won't.
Would I reduce wages? THat's your question. There's a few differences between playing for a football club or a 9-5. If my friend is reducing his wages to stay with the team you bet your ass im reducing mine. case closed.

And hes the star of the show while I get paid to travel, eat and have a good time? the choice is real easy.

These clowns far over stayed their welcome. Its time to go. If they refuse to leave then they better be prepared to face the consequences. The only thing the paying fans can do is voice their displeasure. Kudos to them and I hope its louder and louder for all the useless idiots running around.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Its amazing to see someone fight tooth and nail on this subject. Local boys like Bjoan got whistled and boo'd why should anyone else get special treatment. "If he is trash boo his ass."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad