2021 Pre-Season Friendlies

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Minamino and Ox are in this form this season will sure be interesting. Ox has been in this form plenty though and then he gets hurt, hopefully he doesn’t for a while this time.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I mean, the "really bad days" for you were at the time they reached the European Cup final?
I started watching when Cruyff was already there (as a manager) thanks to my uncle who was a big Barça fan and introduced me as a little kid. The worst days for me, and probably most younger fans, were during the Gaspart era which started off with Figo leaving for Madrid - and Rivaldo leaving too not much later. But thankfully Ronaldinho arrived soon after.
I can understand though, the era just prior to Cruyff, those weren't the biggest names in the lineup.

Of course it's relative, "really bad" is not appropriate when comparing to most other La Liga teams, let alone to teams from lesser European leagues. But by the time I started watching, their last league title was from over a decade ago and that was their only league title in over 20 years. Nothing of the sort has happened since.

Wouldn't you say that Barcelona were having "really bad" time if their next league title will be in 2040s and they will not win anything in Europe before that either?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I thought he was being sold.

Nope. Klopp decided to give him another chance and there are a lot of people who think his struggles were related to things off the pitch. Namely that he came to England and wasn't allowed to see or talk to anyone for a few months, and then after that it still wasn't beneficial for someone with culture shock issues. He had a really good preseason too to the point it would strike me as foolish to get rid of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad