Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
If you wanted a rather one-dimensional sniper, I’d be watching Team Sweden at the Worlds to see what kind of chemistry Lundestrom and Rakell have with Victor Olofsson. Feel like it wouldn’t be impossible to pry him out of Buffalo

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
With the Oilers out in the first round, I wonder if they want to bring back RNH? They do have $22 in cap space, but they also have a lot of UFA defensemen that could come with a high price. Question is... is RNH worth $6 mil per year or $7 mil per year? I don't watch the Oil, but I did read the top possible free agents midway through this season and his name popped up. For those with more info on him, what are his pros and cons? And is he a viable prospective FA to go after?

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
With the Oilers out in the first round, I wonder if they want to bring back RNH? They do have $22 in cap space, but they also have a lot of UFA defensemen that could come with a high price. Question is... is RNH worth $6 mil per year or $7 mil per year? I don't watch the Oil, but I did read the top possible free agents midway through this season and his name popped up. For those with more info on him, what are his pros and cons? And is he a viable prospective FA to go after?

He is going to want too much money for too long. He is not the player I would go after. It's not that he is a bad player, but he is the definition of a player that will never live up to the contract he'll sign.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Poor defensively and is a pretty vanilla player. His last three years have been a few of the best of his career, but he's just been getting a lot of points on the pp. He was also brutal at even strength this year. I think the Ducks should allocate those resources to guys who can finish.
Screenshot 2021-05-25 174341 - RNH.png

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
How about Blake Coleman? Here's what NBCsports had to say about him:

6. Blake Coleman. I know this much: His next contract is going to be a heck of a lot larger than the $1.5M deal he plays on now. Great defensive forward that can score 20 goals and play with a mean streak. The type of player GMs go crazy over, especially in free agency.

This sounds like a typical Murray player. I don't know if he'll be a top-6 player, but also don't know if he'll be a 20 goal scorer here. I dunno if he's the talent we need, but he can probably help shelter the youth. Plus side is he probably won't break the bank. TB is over the cap next year by $5 mil. So what exactly is "a lot larger than the $1.5 mil deal"? hmmm...

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Am i the only one who would rather we stay clear of the big name FA completely. We’ll have to overpay any FA to come here and while we still have Rico and Silfs contract on the books i dont think we should be adding more of those contracts.
For the most part I agree. With a flat cap we might be able to snag some pretty good players for cheap if teams need/want to move out money.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Am i the only one who would rather we stay clear of the big name FA completely. We’ll have to overpay any FA to come here and while we still have Rico and Silfs contract on the books i dont think we should be adding more of those contracts.

I'm with you. We need what we're building here to take a step forward before we go heavy on UFAs or trades.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Do you think Edmonton is ready to move on from Draisaitl.

They have to shake things up. They have no depth, I wonder if a quantity for quality trade could happen, and they go for it the next two years. They also dont have a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year.

Something around Gibson plus.

Draisaitl
Koskinen

Gibson
Comtois (Or Rakell)
Silf
Plus (Not sure what they may need, another Forward, Defense?)

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

They have to shake things up. They have no depth, I wonder if a quantity for quality trade could happen.

Gibson plus.... Zegras.... Drysdale.... And the oilers would still say no.

Reactions: 405Entrance

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

They have to shake things up. They have no depth, I wonder if a quantity for quality trade could happen, and they go for it the next two years. They also dont have a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year.

Draisaitl
Koskinen

Gibson
Comtois (Or Rakell)
Silf
Plus (Not sure what they may need, another Forward, Defense?)

That would have to be a big plus to make that deal worth it for the Oilers. Silfverberg has close to no value, probably even negative value because of his injury and his contract. He has even less value than Koskinen whose contract lasts only for one more season.

I don't think Ducks could offer anything that would interest them to move Drai. Even Zegras and Drysdale together likely wouldn't do it.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
That would have to be a big plus to make that deal worth it for the Oilers. Silfverberg has close to no value, probably even negative value because of his injury and his contract. He has even less value than Koskinen whose contract lasts only for one more season.

I don't think Ducks could offer anything that would interest them to move Drai. Even Zegras and Drysdale together likely wouldn't do it.
For Edmonton they would need to acquire several top line wingers or top line winger + center for Drai.
Maybe Minnesota could move Kaprisoz + Ek + for Drai ?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I think maybe the following summer they should be shopping. Now, they should maybe go after a RFA since they are younger and fit more into the Ducks window. They cannot rely solely on the draft to get a Top 6 scorer here.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
How about Blake Coleman? Here's what NBCsports had to say about him:

6. Blake Coleman. I know this much: His next contract is going to be a heck of a lot larger than the $1.5M deal he plays on now. Great defensive forward that can score 20 goals and play with a mean streak. The type of player GMs go crazy over, especially in free agency.

This sounds like a typical Murray player. I don't know if he'll be a top-6 player, but also don't know if he'll be a 20 goal scorer here. I dunno if he's the talent we need, but he can probably help shelter the youth. Plus side is he probably won't break the bank. TB is over the cap next year by $5 mil. So what exactly is "a lot larger than the $1.5 mil deal"? hmmm...

Until further notice, we should be assuming that any goal expectations should be reduced by at least a third if not more. So let's assume he's going to top maybe 15 goals with the squad as composed. Are we willing to pay probably close to $4M per year? I'd say not.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I am one who also wishes they stay clear of spending on pricey UFAs.
At best they'll produce like Rakell or Henrique due to this teams roster and will hurt the team financially or could be another Shattenkirk situation.

Would rather save that money for when they got to give raises for Zegras, Drysdale and Comtois.
Not signing any pricey UFAs improves draft position for super deep 2022 draft for a small chance at one of Savoie, Lambert or Wright who are all centers.

Even Savoie would really help this franchise have another top6 center in addition to Zegras. I'm thinking this year that Beniers and Power both go top2 and the Ducks probably pick 4th after the lottery which means Hughes, Eklund or Clarke.

Reactions: dracom

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Take all the cap dumps we can (that expire after next season) and get picks/prospects for it.... save all the money for that.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Ducks should absolutely avoid FA signings & weaponize their cap space for picks.

I agree they should stay away from FA overall. Disagree about using their cap space for picks. Unless it's a 1st, most picks will take too long to contribute to this new core. The Ducks have plenty of solid, young players. They need top line players now, not in 3-5 years. I think the Ducks should use their picks, except for the first this year, and trade as many as possible to aquire scoring forwards.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
We should be looking to add players that can be offensive contributors but we shouldn't be throwing big money or term at them. Signings in the vein of Hoffman for the Blues or Duclair for the Panthers. There must be some cheap targets Bob can go after so our offense won't be completely anemic again.

Reactions: AngelDuck

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
We should be looking to add players that can be offensive contributors but we shouldn't be throwing big money or term at them. Signings in the vein of Hoffman for the Blues or Duclair for the Panthers. There must be some cheap targets Bob can go after so our offense won't be completely anemic again.

This is my dream. The Ducks are so damn boring to watch, it's upsetting.

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad