Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think overall its too early to pay the price that Buffalo wants for Eichel when he could want out in 5 years if the rebuild isn't going smoothly in Anaheim.
Look at the setbacks the Rangers had and the Rangers lucked out getting a #2 and #1 overall picks as well already having a 1C, probable 1D in Fox and top line elite winger in Panarin.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What’s their game plan? I really don’t know. First off, fix that friggin abomination of a PP? Keep drafting well the next two drafts, make a big trade to help the Top 6 scoring, that doesn’t hamper the assets too much, and then go after a Free Agent to add even more scoring to the Top 6.

Someone before said it best, can’t just rely on the draft to build a competitive roster, need to get outside help via trade or free agency. Ducks will have the cap the next two summers to make something happen.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
What’s their game plan? I really don’t know. First off, fix that friggin abomination of a PP? Keep drafting well the next two drafts, make a big trade to help the Top 6 scoring, that doesn’t hamper the assets too much, and then go after a Free Agent to add even more scoring to the Top 6.

Someone before said it best, can’t just rely on the draft to build a competitive roster, need to get outside help via trade or free agency. Ducks will have the cap the next two summers to make something happen.
Sign some 4th liners and hope that with internal improvement this team will make the playoffs if BM is still the GM

AlphaPred

May 2, 2021
PP definitely starts with coaching, that needs to be addressed first and foremost. I don’t see how you can produce numbers that poorly with the players on the roster as it stands. How they can score 5 on 5 but not 5 on 4 is mind boggling.

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

They're right that Zegras and Drysdale most likely need to be included in any Eichel package, but it's hilarious that the majority of those same people then turn around and accept Turcotte as the main piece going back in a trade with the Kings without a second thought before even thinking about asking for Byfield (and I like Turcotte a lot).

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Would love Eichel but the neck injury and the competition mean it's probably unrealistic. I think something like this is more realistic to what BM will do:

Sign Hoffman 2x4 mil. Resign Getzlaf 1x4 mil. Retain 50% of Henrique and trade for pick if possible. Retain 50% and trade Manson+ for scoring forward such as Jesper Bratt. New Jersey desperately needs a RD and the Ducks need a young goal scorer.

Comtois-Zegras-Bratt
Rakell-Lundestrom-Terry
Volkov-Getzlaf-Hoffman
Jones-Grant/Steel-Silf

Lindholm-Fowler
Fleury-Drysdale
Larsson-Shattenkirk

Gibson
Stolarz

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Would love Eichel but the neck injury and the competition mean it's probably unrealistic. I think something like this is more realistic to what BM will do:

Sign Hoffman 2x4 mil. Resign Getzlaf 1x4 mil. Retain 50% of Henrique and trade for pick if possible. Retain 50% and trade Manson+ for scoring forward such as Jesper Bratt. New Jersey desperately needs a RD and the Ducks need a young goal scorer.

Comtois-Zegras-Bratt
Rakell-Lundestrom-Terry
Volkov-Getzlaf-Hoffman
Jones-Grant/Steel-Silf

Lindholm-Fowler
Fleury-Drysdale
Larsson-Shattenkirk

Gibson
Stolarz
Maybe I’ll be surprised but I don’t think Getz signs for anywhere near $4M.

As for Eichel, I’m with a lot of other people here. I don’t think he gets traded for anywhere near what people are suggesting. With his contract and a little bit of a time crunch on making a deal, I think it’ll be just like a lot of other disgruntled stars... one really nice asset (but not at Zegras level), a good young roster player, and a few smaller assets. I don’t think it’s a fit for us, but I’m sure Bob will look into it.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Sign some 4th liners and hope that with internal improvement this team will make the playoffs if BM is still the GM

Seems very short-sighted considering Murray's been trading drafted assets and picks for outside help. See Silf, Kesler, Eaves, Henrique, and Beauchemin (to get him back). Murray also tried bringing in D Justin Faulk two off-seasons as well as Shattenkirk, then signed Shattenkirk the following off-season, and tried to acquire PLD earlier this season. This season, he brought in F Volkov and D Fleury. Now we have talks of protecting four defensemen because of Fleury. Going into this off-season, the Ducks will have a lot of cap space to finally play with again and a bit more the following off-season due to Kesler's contract ending.

I dunno why some people omit facts with their projections.

Reactions: Kalv

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Seems very short-sighted considering Murray's been trading drafted assets and picks for outside help. See Silf, Kesler, Eaves, Henrique, and Beauchemin (to get him back). Murray also tried bringing in D Justin Faulk two off-seasons as well as Shattenkirk, then signed Shattenkirk the following off-season, and tried to acquire PLD earlier this season. This season, he brought in F Volkov and D Fleury. Now we have talks of protecting four defensemen because of Fleury. Going into this off-season, the Ducks will have a lot of cap space to finally play with again and a bit more the following off-season due to Kesler's contract ending.

What fact am I omitting? That's been par for the course with him for his past several offseasons. Bringing in depth players and ignoring the team's actual needs under the ruse of internal improvement.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho

"Trying" to acquire impact players means nothing. How hard he tried is unknown, it's all speculation. I can't give any credit for that.

Oct 18, 2011
As I've been saying there is no chance of getting Eichel without trading 1 of the 2 guys we don't want to trade, our first just isnt that valuable in the current environment, we just have to keep building from the ground up and once again this brings me to how the GM had watched Manson and Rakell sink in value for 2 years because hes completely delusional about his roster. If he had moved them already we might be further ahead in this process

Which brings me to Lindholm, if Bob doesnt survey his market he's just not doing his job
I love the guy as a player but he's not going to age well and every year he gets banged up

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Winnipeg is probably on Manson's 12 team no trade list but they are desperate for RD. If the Ducks could get him to waive, I wonder what they would need to add to get Perfetti?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
As I've been saying there is no chance of getting Eichel without trading 1 of the 2 guys we don't want to trade, our first just isnt that valuable in the current environment, we just have to keep building from the ground up and once again this brings me to how the GM had watched Manson and Rakell sink in value for 2 years because hes completely delusional about his roster. If he had moved them already we might be further ahead in this process

Which brings me to Lindholm, if Bob doesnt survey his market he's just not doing his job
I love the guy as a player but he's not going to age well and every year he gets banged up
Nah, Lindholm is a crucial player and we have a chance to sign him at a discounted rate now. Offer him 6X6.5 this July and see if he bites

You don’t want to end up like the Devils dude

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
PP definitely starts with coaching, that needs to be addressed first and foremost. I don’t see how you can produce numbers that poorly with the players on the roster as it stands. How they can score 5 on 5 but not 5 on 4 is mind boggling.

I saw somewhere that the Ducks finished the season with the worse PP% in the history of the NHL.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Winnipeg is probably on Manson's 12 team no trade list but they are desperate for RD. If the Ducks could get him to waive, I wonder what they would need to add to get Perfetti?
A lot....

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009

Was already stated during the deadline that Winnipeg is on the list so no further discussion needed

AlphaPred

May 2, 2021
Trading for Eichel seems like one step forward two steps back....he's a piece you sell the farm for to put you over and bring you a Stanley Cup. The Ducks are nowhere near that and can't be mortgaging what's been being built here. Ride it out, continue to load up on prospects while the kids develop and in 3-4 years when the window starts to open that's when you get a player like Eichel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad