Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Rowney was a clear positive in the PK department, and was a very good 4th liner as is.
I'm very happy to keep the Deslauriers-Grant-Rowney 4th line. They all fill a certain role + are a decent 4th line.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
We're in a bad spot when we are OK with settling on a Des-Grant-Rowney line again. I'd much prefer Des to be the 13th forward next year, and give Grant a couple of capable wingers offensively. The 4th line shouldn't be a matchup line at all moving forward. Let a 3rd line with Silfverberg and Henrique/Steel be that line.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We're in a bad spot when we are OK with settling on a Des-Grant-Rowney line again. I'd much prefer Des to be the 13th forward next year, and give Grant a couple of capable wingers offensively. The 4th line shouldn't be a matchup line at all moving forward. Let a 3rd line with Silfverberg and Henrique/Steel be that line.
Can't say I agree fully, but you did make some good points.

Reactions: Arthuros

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

Can't say I agree fully, but you did make some good points.

I don't think that the line is bad for a 4th line (I'd argue it's actually pretty good(, but I would say that their usage shouldn't be anywhere near as high.

Reactions: Kalv and Deuce22

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What's your stance on Dylan McIlrath? :sarcasm:

LOL. Being a Ducks and Rangers fan at the time, didn't bother me as much with the pick. But it's also why I tend to defend Fowler when he gets some shit from Ducks fans, It's like Really? Would love him on the Rangers if you don't want him, lol. He is an excellent #2 , 2nd pairing guy, and on a well coached offensive team, he'd easily be hitting over 40 points every season. I like to see him part of the future when they are competitive again, hopefully in a couple of years.

Reactions: Arthuros and Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
LOL. Being a Ducks and Rangers fan at the time, didn't bother me as much with the pick. But it's also why I tend to defend Fowler when he gets some shit from Ducks fans, It's like Really? Would love him on the Rangers if you don't want him, lol. He is an excellent #2 , 2nd pairing guy, and on a well coached offensive team, he'd easily be hitting over 40 points every season. I like to see him part of the future when they are competitive again, hopefully in a couple of years.
Btw Cam finished 3rd on team scoring plus played a full season. He's pretty good and once this team progresses, he will look better/more noticeable in a positive way.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

I'd love to see what that particular Rangers poster has to say at this point, because they would use pretty much any argument they could to discredit Fowler as a defenceman and at one point said that given a re-do they would pick McIlrath over Fowler because Fowler was soft, got shit on all the time from an advanced stats perspective, would never reach his full potential, blah blah blah....while completely ignoring the fact that McIlrath couldn't even crack a bottom pairing in the NHL. :laugh:

I'm willing to bet that even now they'd insist they wouldn't take Fowler for free.

Reactions: 405Entrance

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd love to see what that particular Rangers poster has to say at this point, because they would use pretty much any argument they could to discredit Fowler as a defenceman and at one point said that given a re-do they would pick McIlrath over Fowler because Fowler was soft, got shit on all the time from an advanced stats perspective, would never reach his full potential, blah blah blah....while completely ignoring the fact that McIlrath couldn't even crack a bottom pairing in the NHL. :laugh:

I'm willing to bet that even now they'd insist they wouldn't take Fowler for free.

Well, those Rangers fans are just salty. lol.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Machinehead has commented about Fowler before recently , I assume that’s who your talking about lol

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Machinehead has commented about Fowler before recently , I assume that’s who your talking about lol
Shh, if you say his name three times, he'll appear and spout nonsense.

Having dug a little bit, at least he's retracted his stance on McIlrath. But I think he still probably wouldn't take Fowler for free.

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I would bring Rowney back for the league minimum if he'll take it. Was great for our PK last year, ideal 4th liner for this team. Worst case scenario he's in the press box or helping the Gulls for peanuts.

Yep I'd like to see this as well. Pretty ideal for a depth role given his versatility and ability to handle tough minutes. Will no doubt be highly motivated if he's back on a one year deal.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Bringing rowney back at his age coming off a knee injury seems like asking for trouble.

Reactions: dracom

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Cheap one year deal only, minimal to zero risk.
Maybe, but if we are near the contract limit he is still a body on the books. I think I'd want to use that slot on somebody with higher upside, no disrespect to rowney.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Shh, if you say his name three times, he'll appear and spout nonsense.

Having dug a little bit, at least he's retracted his stance on McIlrath. But I think he still probably wouldn't take Fowler for free.

In his defense there's a main board thread of "players HF has overrated" and someone brought up McIlrath v Fowler and he has said that he's moved onto viewing other metrics more importantly than basic corsi metrics and concedes that Fowler is a solid defender.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I expect them to likely move on from Rowney given we have Volkov.
And we need to have a few Russians in place for if/when Galimov or other Russians are signed/drafted in the future and join the team. Very unlikely but if they end up in position to draft Michkov or others in 2023 it will be nice to have Russians already on the Ducks

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Yeah I wouldn’t hate bringing Rowney back but only for league minimum and for pressbox-AHL reasons. We have enough 3rd/4th liners.

3rd and 4th lines should be something like:

Steel-Lundestrom-Silfverberg
Jones-Grant-Volkov

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Yeah I wouldn’t hate bringing Rowney back but only for league minimum and for pressbox-AHL reasons. We have enough 3rd/4th liners.

3rd and 4th lines should be something like:

Steel-Lundestrom-Silfverberg
Jones-Grant-Volkov

Agree. I like Rowney and agree he's good on the pk, but the ducks don't need him or for that matter have a spot for him. They already have too many bottom 6 forwards, two of which (Grant and Des) fill a similar role. I think Jones does some of the same things. Add to that the fact that Silf and Henrique are likely coming back and playing on the bottom six. I don't see a spot for Rowney.

Reactions: Hey234

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Agree. I like Rowney and agree he's good on the pk, but the ducks don't need him or for that matter have a spot for him. They already have too many bottom 6 forwards, two of which (Grant and Des) fill a similar role. I think Jones does some of the same things. Add to that the fact that Silf and Henrique are likely coming back and playing on the bottom six. I don't see a spot for Rowney.
I'd want him in the lineup just because he is so good on the PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad