Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Trading for Eichel is the exact opposite of one step forward 2 steps back lmao

Sure, if it will take only a couple of 1st round picks, and a couple of B-prospects to get him. But apparently Buffalo wants the moon for Eichel. Ducks should be looking more at adding guys like Reinhart and Hoffman to give the Top 6 much needed goal scoring support.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Sure, if it will take only a couple of 1st round picks, and a couple of B-prospects to get him. But apparently Buffalo wants the moon for Eichel. Ducks should be looking more at adding guys like Reinhart and Hoffman to give the Top 6 much needed goal scoring support.
Of course they’re going to start with a crazy asking price. But I think the injuries and trade demand have hurt his value pretty significantly. I guess we’ll see what he goes for.

I disagree that our biggest need is top 6 support players right now. We lack top end stars since Getzlaf/Perry/Kesler declined. Zegras can be one but he needs another

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Of course they’re going to start with a crazy asking price. But I think the injuries and trade demand have hurt his value pretty significantly. I guess we’ll see what he goes for.

I disagree that our biggest need is top 6 support players right now. We lack top end stars since Getzlaf/Perry/Kesler declined. Zegras can be one but he needs another

I think Reinhart has that potential and is a late bloomer like Zibanejad was. Only issue is to convince him Ducks are competing within two years. Tall order but adding him and more scoring along with the D Corp getting more solid it’s possible.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Hoffman and Reinhart actually would boost our top-6. If we keep our first round pick and it ends up being Beniers, then we have yet another star on our hands. Also, Perreault is turning heads with his second half of the AHL season.

We either grab a superstar, or we can get good top-6 pieces while adding star talent via the draft. I would go with the latter because the former will be asking for too much and we won't go down that route. See PLD. We own two out of the top-3 best prospects already with Zegras and Drysdale. We have talent developing already.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What do you guys think about Pavel Buchnevich to add scoring? From what I’ve been reading could be on the way out in NY, just can’t afford him. He recently turned 26 yo had 48 points in 54 games and has been very good on both ends of the ice and PK. Doesn’t play with Panarin or get top PP time and still managed to produce.

Rangers need depth help on LD, and some grit.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
What do you guys think about Pavel Buchnevich to add scoring? From what I’ve been reading could be on the way out in NY, just can’t afford him. He recently turned 26 yo had 48 points in 54 games and has been very good on both ends of the ice and PK. Doesn’t play with Panarin or get top PP time and still managed to produce.

What do you give up for him?

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
The long anticipated Fowler to NYR deal is upon us
Not sure how they can afford Fowler if they can't afford Buchnevich. I like the idea of adding him but id imagine it would cost something like Flurry and a mid to late first which we don't currently have one of.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Not sure how they can afford Fowler if they can't afford Buchnevich. I like the idea of adding him but id imagine it would cost something like Flurry and a mid to late first which we don't currently have one of.

Probably a fair point. I was being half facetious for the record, there were some Ranger fans who used to absolutely trash Fowler on the main boards.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Oh man i'd imagine the Rangers board would not be too kind to Fowler on their team.
How much retention would be needed to be make it work anyways ?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I would be all over it but would NYR actually move him? Seems like a key piece that will help them take the next step.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I feel like the prob can’t make it work cap wise, or it’ll be a massive struggle

I’m looking at their cap situation and they’re actually looking pretty good at least from my view. So many guys on ELCs still and Laf will have another two years left after this. They’re easily going to be able to sign all their key guys over the next couple of years unless I’m missing something obvious.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Reading some comments from Rangers fans that a cheap young center would fit a need, someone to fill a 3C role. Maybe one of Lundestrom or Steel could be of some interest as part of a deal.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I’m looking at their cap situation and they’re actually looking pretty good at least from my view. So many guys on ELCs still and Laf will have another two years left after this. They’re easily going to be able to sign all their key guys over the next couple of years unless I’m missing something obvious.

Big time raises for Fox (coming off ELC) and Zibanejad after next season. Likely will want to lock up Shesterkin long term this off season or shortly there after. Also already sitting on the big Panarin contract. Those guys are their true core, and then there's probably some worry about having too much money committed long term, when their top young talent (Laf/Miller/Kaako) do start to command big bucks.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Big time raises for Fox (coming off ELC) and Zibanejad after next season. Likely will want to lock up Shesterkin long term this off season or shortly there after. Also already sitting on the big Panarin contract. Those guys are their true core, and then there's probably some worry about having too much money committed long term, when their top young talent (Laf/Miller/Kaako) do start to command big bucks.

I missed Fox being up when Zibanejad was but even then they’re in better shape than most teams although I guess what Shesterkin gets could impact things significantly. I personally don’t think he has the leverage to demand a huge amount though.

I would think you keep Buchnevich for now and if the young guys do enough to need massive raises then you deal with trying to move him then, not now when they don’t have cap issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad