2021 Offseason Thread | 2022 Roster Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
As much as I love Otter, and I do love him and think he’s the future- you can’t go into what looks to be the last real year of the current cup window with a 22 year old and a guy who could be out half the year as your goalies. You can’t. Khudobin isn’t great, but he’s an insurance plan you need. This is the right move.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
How much access does Seattle get to his medical history, how much access do they have to talk with Bishop and his agents?

Like, without much knowledge, it's harder to make a decision on picking him or not. You wonder if Seattle would take a huge bet on him rather than 4C Dickinson or career AHLer Mascherin? I would consider it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
How much access does Seattle get to his medical history, how much access do they have to talk with Bishop and his agents?

Like, without much knowledge, it's harder to make a decision on picking him or not. You wonder if Seattle would take a huge bet on him rather than 4C Dickinson or career AHLer Mascherin? I would consider it.

I don't think they get much info . It would be a massive gamble.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Will Seattle take Bishop? Gives them flexibility with LTIR. Faksa needs to go period. Dickinson can do what he can and skate faster. Faksa is a really expensive 4c if Benn is playing C this year.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
As much as I love Otter, and I do love him and think he’s the future- you can’t go into what looks to be the last real year of the current cup window with a 22 year old and a guy who could be out half the year as your goalies. You can’t. Khudobin isn’t great, but he’s an insurance plan you need. This is the right move.

Agreed. If Bishop is going to be out with injuries it’s the right move to make. Khudobin and Otter likely split games

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
The buyout speculation still doesn't fit in perfectly with this; a guy has to be healthy to be bought out. How is Bishop injured enough to confidently waive his NMC but healthy enough for a buyout? Is this a Cory Schneider situation where he's technically healthy but the injuries have completely robbed him of any athleticism?

I'd be more open to paying Seattle to take Bishop than I was paying them to take Dobby. Unless there was some handshake deal between Bishop and Nill I'm not privy to?

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
The buyout speculation still doesn't fit in perfectly with this; a guy has to be healthy to be bought out. How is Bishop injured enough to confidently waive his NMC but healthy enough for a buyout? Is this a Cory Schneider situation where he's technically healthy but the injuries have completely robbed him of any athleticism?

I'd be more open to paying Seattle to take Bishop than I was paying them to take Dobby. Unless there was some handshake deal between Bishop and Nill I'm not privy to?

Well if you're not privy to it, none of us are ;)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
All we can do is wait and see, National media doesn't care and Dallas doesn't have any insiders with Bishops true health information.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

The buyout speculation never made sense, the cap savings are minimal (we get 1.6m in space)
And he's not healthy to actually be bought out.

Unless gaglardi is really pinching his pennies to save every possible dollar (in which case he needs to sell the team). A buyout of Bishop is/ would be dumb. So Nill is probably still planning it, instead of letting him sit on LTIR and having insurance handle it.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The buyout speculation never made sense, the cap savings are minimal (we get 1.6m in space)
And he's not healthy to actually be bought out.

Unless gaglardi is really pinching his pennies to save every possible dollar (in which case he needs to sell the team). A buyout of Bishop is/ would be dumb. So Nill is probably still planning it, instead of letting him sit on LTIR and having insurance handle it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You won't give the guy one or two years to get back on his feet? Damn.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You won't give the guy one or two years to get back on his feet? Damn.
Not if the 700k between bishops full salary and his buyout salary is a make or break amount that is just to much for him to afford.
I refuse to suffer through more bankrupt years

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Basically he just started skating and is still ways off and is absolutely not worried that Seattle would take him .

It takes like 30 second before the site realizes its a pay-only content and i'm not a paying member and also from a EU contry and then i get region locked

Last edited:
Reactions: eartotheground

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There is no world where Seattle takes Bishop imho. It's a guy you don't know if he ever suits up for you you can't move anywhere without his explicit consent. Sure if he's healthy he could be like Fleury was for Vegas but thats such a massive risk. Not like he's super cheap .

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Judging by bishops comments , he’s just trying to give the impression he’s still injured right now . He was fine at the end of the season . I see 2 possible scenarios playing out here 1. They do with bishop what Tampa did with kucherov and LTIR 2. They protect khudobin and than trade him after the draft

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Open Word or notepad, copy and paste before it locks you out. I'll post the highlights. Nothing really Earth shattering.

Nill said Bishop approached the Stars about four weeks ago and thought it was in the best interest of the team that he waives his no-move clause. Bishop’s decision allows the Stars to protect Anton Khudobin in the expansion draft, while Jake Oettinger is exempt from selection. The decision to waive his NMC applies only to the expansion draft and not to a trade, Nill confirmed.

“I just thought it was best for the team,” Bishop said in a phone interview. “You can see the writing on the walls as far as what might happen. You’ve got Dobby being exposed. I think the Dallas Stars, we still have this window here where we’re trying to win the Stanley Cup. Just thought it was the best thing to do. We all agreed.”

Bishop said he began skating recently for the first time since he was shut down around the trade deadline last season, though he has been able to lift weights. He said the idea is to be ready for training camp in September “if the knee allows that.”

“Still a long ways to go,” Bishop said. “With a little bit of uncertainty, we’ve still got to get to where I can play at an elite level. There’s still a process to be played out here.”
Bishop appeared close to a return around mid-April after skating on his own and before Stars practices, but was instead ruled out for the season as his knee was given more time to heal. Looking back, Bishop said, “probably wasn’t ready at that point in the season. It was the right decision.”

“We sat back and realized that if I was able to come back, it wasn’t going to be until with a week or two left in the season,” Bishop said. “It was kind of like ‘What’s the point in trying to push this thing and rush it when you’re only going to be able to come back for, at best, the last week or two?’”

He has not undergone any other scopes or procedures on his knee this summer, Bishop said.

“I wasn’t too worried about it,” Bishop said. “Just trying to think about the Dallas Stars and our opportunity here. It’s one of those things where hopefully, my goal is to get back and be able to play, but it’s still up in the air. I didn’t want to put the Stars in a bad situation. It’s just what was best for the team and myself, as far as what I thought was right. Obviously, you do expose yourself and there is a chance, but that’s not what I’m thinking about.”

“I thought that was a good move for him and the team,” Bishop’s agent Allain Roy told The News. “In the big picture, the goal is to win the Stanley Cup, so I think he felt that was the right move for the team to be the best team possible next year. Makes sense.”

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Open Word or notepad, copy and paste before it locks you out. I'll post the highlights. Nothing really Earth shattering.

Nill said Bishop approached the Stars about four weeks ago and thought it was in the best interest of the team that he waives his no-move clause. Bishop’s decision allows the Stars to protect Anton Khudobin in the expansion draft, while Jake Oettinger is exempt from selection. The decision to waive his NMC applies only to the expansion draft and not to a trade, Nill confirmed.

“I just thought it was best for the team,” Bishop said in a phone interview. “You can see the writing on the walls as far as what might happen. You’ve got Dobby being exposed. I think the Dallas Stars, we still have this window here where we’re trying to win the Stanley Cup. Just thought it was the best thing to do. We all agreed.”

Bishop said he began skating recently for the first time since he was shut down around the trade deadline last season, though he has been able to lift weights. He said the idea is to be ready for training camp in September “if the knee allows that.”

“Still a long ways to go,” Bishop said. “With a little bit of uncertainty, we’ve still got to get to where I can play at an elite level. There’s still a process to be played out here.”
Bishop appeared close to a return around mid-April after skating on his own and before Stars practices, but was instead ruled out for the season as his knee was given more time to heal. Looking back, Bishop said, “probably wasn’t ready at that point in the season. It was the right decision.”

“We sat back and realized that if I was able to come back, it wasn’t going to be until with a week or two left in the season,” Bishop said. “It was kind of like ‘What’s the point in trying to push this thing and rush it when you’re only going to be able to come back for, at best, the last week or two?’”

He has not undergone any other scopes or procedures on his knee this summer, Bishop said.

“I wasn’t too worried about it,” Bishop said. “Just trying to think about the Dallas Stars and our opportunity here. It’s one of those things where hopefully, my goal is to get back and be able to play, but it’s still up in the air. I didn’t want to put the Stars in a bad situation. It’s just what was best for the team and myself, as far as what I thought was right. Obviously, you do expose yourself and there is a chance, but that’s not what I’m thinking about.”

“I thought that was a good move for him and the team,” Bishop’s agent Allain Roy told The News. “In the big picture, the goal is to win the Stanley Cup, so I think he felt that was the right move for the team to be the best team possible next year. Makes sense.”
It’s the “probably wasn’t ready” that makes me think he’s fine . If he’s not fine now than he sure as sh** wasn’t ready than . Not probably .

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I bet he’s more connected than any current beat writer, he’s the mouthpiece they used for f***ing horseshit! So I could see it.
Both he and DeFranks were given the same story at the same time. The only reason Shapiro is hockey famous from it is because the Dallas Morning News won't allow cussing to be printed while the Athletic doesn't *clears throat* give a shit, so Shapiro got all of the national media attention.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Anyone wanting to read stuff paywalled the way DMN does it just needs to block javascript.

If you use Chrome, just click the lock icon to the left of the URL, click site settings, then scroll down to javascript and block it. The page will refresh and there you have it.

I'm sure other browsers have their ways as well, Chrome is just the one I'm most familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad