Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If the Jets stand any kind of chance they need to stay out of the box. 10 minutes in penalties by the halfway point of the 3rd is a recipe for disaster against the Avs. Refs need to stop calling the ticky tacky shit if it's not going to go both ways. Obviously puck over glass and high sticking should be called every time.

Helle was great until the parade to the box. Georgiev was really good too. We had a solid goalie dual going on until the refs decided to step in. You spend half the period on the kill against the Avs and it's just not going to go your way,

Hopefully we can take 1 in Colorado and make it a series. Otherwise I don't think they have it in them to come back down 3-1 in Winnipeg.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
This is elite April "goaltending"?
connor.png

Was the main trophy already given out, and this is now a waste of everyone's time?
images

Reactions: JKG33

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
3rd period most likely just lost this series for Winnipeg
  1. Ave's did what "Cup" contenders are suppose to do.
  2. They came out in 3rd period and took care of business.
  3. Lightning are facing taking same medicine right now -vs Florida.
  4. One has to step-up or get shipped out when facing good teams/stars.

Hoping teams that haven't had "Cup" or much playoff success do it these playoffs, but looking like that most likely is not going to happen, Good luck Jets, pulling for ya.

ChuckFanForever

Jun 5, 2011
An Oilers vs Avs match up in the WCF would be an absolute barn burner! First team to 10 goals wins?! :thumbu:

(Edit: no reseeding, so impossible for Oilers & Avs too meet in Round 2)

Last edited:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
An Oilers vs Avs match up next would be an absolute barn burner! First team to 10 goals wins?! :thumbu:

Avs will have to get through Vegas first. If they keep playing this way I don't think they stand a chance. Jets or Avs are probably done 2nd round either way as I think Vegas is way to much for either team to handle.

This series is basically all about who gets to lose to Vegas.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Avs will have to get through Vegas first. If they keep playing this way I don't think they stand a chance. Jets or Avs are probably done 2nd round either way as I think Vegas is way to much for either team to handle.

IF. If the Avs make it past Winnipeg, it’s not a forgone conclusion the Avs would lose to Vegas. Vegas should be favored though.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
IF. If the Avs make it past Winnipeg, it’s not a forgone conclusion the Avs would lose to Vegas. Vegas should be favored though.

I ono man..... Knights scored 7 against the Stars in 2 games, but the Avs have score 18 against the well defensive and best goalie in the in the West against the jets. Literally making Hellybuck look like a f in Sieve.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I ono man..... Knights scored 7 against the Stars in 2 games, but the Avs have score 18 against the well defensive and best goalie in the in the West against the jets. Literally making Hellybuck look like a f in Sieve.

Yeah Vegas likely takes the Central. If the Jets or Avs play like they have been against them its gonna be a quick series.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Yeah Vegas likely takes the Central. If the Jets or Avs play like they have been against them its gonna be a quick series.
And if my dog would not have taken a shit, he would have catched the rabbit.......

Playoff-time is fun-time.. So many "hot takes" and predictions that go down the toilet pretty fast.......;)

Reactions: xAvsx89

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Vegas is very good, not going to say they aren't. But what have they done in two games against Dallas that is particularly terrifying? If the goaltending was neutral in that series, it'd be 1-1. And while Thompson is a good goalie, that's not a position battle they should expect to have a significant advantage in from series to series. If they have a 15 shot game against Winnipeg or Colorado, they're going to have a very tough time.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Vegas is very good, not going to say they aren't. But what have they done in two games against Dallas that is particularly terrifying? If the goaltending was neutral in that series, it'd be 1-1. And while Thompson is a good goalie, that's not a position battle they should expect to have a significant advantage in from series to series. If they have a 15 shot game against Winnipeg or Colorado, they're going to have a very tough time.

It's not like either of the Avs or Jets goalie are inspiring confidence. They can play a solid shut down game. Have just as good of a transition from the backend as the Avs while playing better shutdown than the Jets.

They have guys that can make you pay in transition like the Avs and enough firepower to make you pay on the PP.

Lets not pretend like either of the Jets or Avs have been stalwarts defensively and Vegas is the kind of team where one mistake and it's in the back of your net. They don't need a high volume of shots to make you pay. They can play a heavy and fast game and pick their spots.

Both teams will get destroyed in the next round if they keep playing like they have. It's not even going to be particularly close.

This is Vegas' final form and we are just now seeing it this playoffs and with each game they will continue to get better.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The play of Hellebuyck in this series is a real concern for Jets fans. 16 goals against in 3 games? Yikes. Jets have no chance if he lets in 5 goals a game.

Reactions: byrath

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
And if my dog would not have taken a shit, he would have catched the rabbit.......

Playoff-time is fun-time.. So many "hot takes" and predictions that go down the toilet pretty fast.......;)

If a dog shits in the woods and no one is around to smell it, does it have a scent?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

If the Avs can score 5+ goals per game against Hellebuyck, they can do it against Vegas. Avs are the team to beat in the west.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Too be fair, most of the goals aren't being stopped by any goalie in the league.

Av's have been a powerhouse this series.
That's true, I'm not just stat watching, and it's the entire team being undressed.
But still...time to "Cujo" it a bit when the team is in peril.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It's not like either of the Avs or Jets goalie are inspiring confidence. They can play a solid shut down game. Have just as good of a transition from the backend as the Avs while playing better shutdown than the Jets.

They have guys that can make you pay in transition like the Avs and enough firepower to make you pay on the PP.

Lets not pretend like either of the Jets or Avs have been stalwarts defensively and Vegas is the kind of team where one mistake and it's in the back of your net. They don't need a high volume of shots to make you pay. They can play a heavy and fast game and pick their spots.

Both teams will get destroyed in the next round if they keep playing like they have. It's not even going to be particularly close.

This is Vegas' final form and we are just now seeing it this playoffs and with each game they will continue to get better.

Logan Thompson isn’t a guy that’s likely to Tim Thomas his way through a playoffs either. Vegas might look invincible when they're getting .920 goaltending, but most teams do. Your tactics tend not to look as brilliant when you get an .867.

Yes, they're very dangerous, but chaotic pinball/volume hockey is pretty dangerous too. How many goals last night were just, fling it at the net and see what happens?

Nov 24, 2006
Crickets in the North today. You love to see it
We’re here, just commiserating on our own board. We all know the Avs have changed the tempo and likely the outcome of the series. Respect where it’s due - as an entire team, the Jets can’t keep up with the Avs this series.

Based on the regular season between the two teams, we should have been confident. But we also should have been able to raise our game, and we haven’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad