2021 Offseason Thread | 2022 Roster Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Roster freeze before the expansion draft is in today IRC so if something was to happen it would have to happen pretty soon . Doubtful though. Don't think too many teams will trade non-expansion draft assets for a bottom 6 forward.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I wonder what it would cost to Insure Seattle picks mascherin ? Also , I wonder what it would cost to insure that they pick caamano . I don’t think it would take much for mascherin , maybe a 6th or 7th round pick . Maybe nothing . Caamano , I would expect they would have to pay a 3rd , maybe the 2nd .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I wonder what it would cost to Insure Seattle picks mascherin ? Also , I wonder what it would cost to insure that they pick caamano . I don’t think it would take much for mascherin , maybe a 6th or 7th round pick . Maybe nothing . Caamano , I would expect they would have to pay a 3rd , maybe the 2nd .

Reports are if you want Seattle to not take a guy the price currently is a 1st + something else. Will it stay like that ? Probably not but it doesn't seem like it will be cheap.

Not worth it to keep Dickinson if it costs a 1st round pick

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Reports are if you want Seattle to not take a guy the price currently is a 1st + something else. Will it stay like that ? Probably not but it doesn't seem like it will be cheap.

Not worth it to keep Dickinson if it costs a 1st round pick
I would think it would vary depending on the difference in players . For instance , if they’re going to take dickinson but we say here’s mascherin and a 6th round pick . That might be better to them than Dickinson as he’s not a star player anyway .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I would think it would vary depending on the difference in players . For instance , if they’re going to take dickinson but we say here’s mascherin and a 6th round pick . That might be better to them than Dickinson as he’s not a star player anyway .

It might not be a first but its also not going to be a 6th . Seattle will want to maximize what they're getting similar to how Vegas made out like bandits with those deals during the expansion draft.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I wouldn’t pay anything to protect Dickinson. Very replaceable player
I hear what your saying but he really isn’t all that replaceable . He’s a solid bottom six player who can play both on wing and at center but is also skilled enough you can slot him into the top six if an injury happens . He’s also been with the team for while now and has grew with this core . You bring another guy in who knows how well he gells or how long it will take for him to .

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I hear what your saying but he really isn’t all that replaceable . He’s a solid bottom six player who can play both on wing and at center but is also skilled enough you can slot him into the top six if an injury happens . He’s also been with the team for while now and has grew with this core . You bring another guy in who knows how well he gells or how long it will take for him to .

I like Dickinson. He's a good bottom 6 forward who can occasionally play a top6 role without making your lineup too much worse. I still wouldn't use extra assets to protect him not when Faksa is still on the team and Gardner and Dellandrea can imho also fill that role and there's also Oskar Bäck coming over to NA next season who also projects as a defensive forward in the Dickinson mold.

If Dickinson doesn't get taken. Cool. Qualify him and re-sign him , if Seattle takes him i'll thank him for the years he played with the Stars and the hits to the face he took over the years and wish him well in Seattle but i won't cry over it. I like Dickinson more than i liked Eakin who i was super happy Vegas took off our hands but i'm not sending extra assets to Seattle so the Stars can keep him .

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I like Dickinson. He's a good bottom 6 forward who can occasionally play a top6 role without making your lineup too much worse. I still wouldn't use extra assets to protect him not when Faksa is still on the team and Gardner and Dellandrea can imho also fill that role and there's also Oskar Bäck coming over to NA next season who also projects as a defensive forward in the Dickinson mold.

If Dickinson doesn't get taken. Cool. Qualify him and re-sign him , if Seattle takes him i'll thank him for the years he played with the Stars and the hits to the face he took over the years and wish him well in Seattle but i won't cry over it. I like Dickinson more than i liked Eakin who i was super happy Vegas took off our hands but i'm not sending extra assets to Seattle so the Stars can keep him .
Thinking about winning a cup next year though . Having Dickinson and faksa in the bottom six would be worth a mid to late pick . Gardner , dellandrea or back aren’t on Dickinson s level . Dellandrea is the only guy I’d say will probably get there .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Thinking about winning a cup next year though . Having Dickinson and faksa in the bottom six would be worth a mid to late pick . Gardner , dellandrea or back aren’t on Dickinson s level . Dellandrea is the only guy I’d say will probably get there .

Idk the Vegas expansion draft has shown that investing extra assets trying to safe someone from beeing taken you can't protect usually costs you more than straight up losing that guy. If its a really low round pick maybe i guess.

"The Carolina Hurricanes traded Boston's 2017 Entry Draft fifth-round pick (previously acquired) in exchange for Vegas selecting Connor Brickley."

That was like the only expansion draft deal that worked out well.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Idk the Vegas expansion draft has shown that investing extra assets trying to safe someone from beeing taken you can't protect usually costs you more than straight up losing that guy. If its a really low round pick maybe i guess.

"The Carolina Hurricanes traded Boston's 2017 Entry Draft fifth-round pick (previously acquired) in exchange for Vegas selecting Connor Brickley."

That was like the only expansion draft deal that worked out well.
Ya but that’s one expansion draft and How many deals were actually made and how many were to protect a really good player vs a Dickinson type player .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Probably losing Dickinson comes down to the fact that Pavelski turned out to be much better for longer than aparently even the Stars expected. Pretty sure when Pavelski was signed the Stars planned to expose him and then he had such a good second year that they can't afford to lose him.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I think the sad reality is most of the deals were done to save Dickinson-level players.
Just looked at it and it was all deals to pick bottom dwellers (caamanos ) , other than a couple .Mascherin would still be a good pick for them .

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Rumours strong its Dallas or Chicago for Jones.

Chicago have a better prospect and draft capital to work a trade. Stars have a better short term cup chance so might be more likely to sign.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I would love to have Seth Jones in Dallas but I doubt it happens. Especially seeing what they wanted from Chicago. If that's accurate, we don't have the pieces to make a deal work.

Id assume they'd want either Hintz or JRob++ if those reports are true. I'd happily throw our 1st this year, Harley, and some other stuff their way though.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I would love to have Seth Jones in Dallas but I doubt it happens. Especially seeing what they wanted from Chicago. If that's accurate, we don't have the pieces to make a deal work.

Id assume they'd want either Hintz or JRob++ if those reports are true. I'd happily throw our 1st this year, Harley, and some other stuff their way though.
Pass if Harley is involved. I don’t think it will be a massive price. We all know he will not sign long term with just any team. Plus what is his next contract? I would love Jones but it has to be centered around Lindell and picks otherwise wait till he is a free agent.

Reactions: Bfantz and Abilify

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Yeh i was picturing Lindell, Damiani and pick 14 or something like that.

IF! Its a sign and trade only.

Im in the camp of dont overpay and dint be involved unless Jones comes with term

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017

Ya , hard pass if Harley is involved . Most I’d do is dellandrea and a first or bourque and a first .

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Yeh i was picturing Lindell, Damiani and pick 14 or something like that.

IF! Its a sign and trade only.

Im in the camp of dont overpay and dint be involved unless Jones comes with term
Pass. Give em dellandrea

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Columbus is in a pretty shit predicament. I have no issue giving up a 1st++ for Jones. Tons of talent there

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Honestly this is our best year to go for the Cup. I’m good with trading futures for Jones

Also cap wise I’m ok with keeping Dickinson over Faksa, but I also like having a healthy Faksa on the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad