2021 Offseason Thread | 2022 Roster Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I like Bishop, but I hope this blows back in his face and he gets claimed. That 5 million can be put to better use over the next two years.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I like Bishop, but I hope this blows back in his face and he gets claimed. That 5 million can be put to better use over the next two years.
f*** that. We'd be stuck with Khudobin as our starter. Can't imagine how horrible he'd be over the course of a full season

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Losing Bishop could really suck. He may never and probably won’t be the same again, but the odd chance that we could get one last healthy run out of him is worth not losing him. It’s been awhile, but when he’s on his game he is one of the best goalies in the league

Reactions: Sports2

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
One team said their expectation is that Jones’ preference is to play in Chicago, Dallas or Florida, although those aren’t his only options. Chicago has been mentioned most recently because of the Keith trade and while that clears up cap space to help make it happen, another source warned against reading too much into the Caleb Jonesaspect as any sort of deal indicator. “That deal happened irrespective of Seth,” he said.
The Blackhawks may be the front-runner. Guys love playing in Chicago. The concern is whether or not the team is close to real playoff contention, something Jones will have to weigh. The Flyers have been connected to Jones but shouldn’t be considered a front-runner as of right now.
The Stars are a bit of a wild card here. They’d have to move some money to make it happen but would consider it if there was a trade to be made that Columbus liked. Dallas might be a more realistic option as a Jones destination if he makes it to free agency. As for the return, Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Keklainen wants to maximize this, especially considering the talent that has left the organization in recent years.
“He doesn’t need draft picks. He wants young players. Centermen,” said one executive. “Anybody who is going to give up assets will want permission to talk to him. (Kekalainen) is not in any rush.”
After a down season, it’s also fair to wonder how much Jones can realistically move the needle to push a team up a tier. He was widely regarded as a top 10 defender going into the 2020-21 season but delivered uncharacteristically poor results that now leave his status as a top-pairing defender in question. There’s a chance he can get back to that level but his current comps aren’t flattering, featuring a lot of names whose reputations outweighed actual results.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't know what Seattle is gonna do but I'd pick Bishop if I was them. They need to reach cap floor and they can sure enough afford to gamble on Bishop. Not sure there are gonna be better goalies available.

I hope they don't pick him though since apparently he doesn't wanna go there and did it to help the team.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
PDOcast suggesting that if we lose Oleksiak, we could pair Heiskanen w Ryan Suter.
I could be into that.. it’d give him room to run and a veteran presence.

I like Oleksiak, but you guys are freaking me out with this 5mil talk.
That and a continuation of the Bishop injury, that really suhhhucks.

*plus thatd also probably really burn Wild fans

Reactions: DieselPig

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I think I would rather oleksiak than Lindell tbh. Oleksiak was such a beast in the last playoff run . His size and reach make the stars a tough team to play against .

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I think I would rather oleksiak than Lindell tbh. Oleksiak was such a beast in the last playoff run . His size and reach make the stars a tough team to play against .
a58.png

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I don’t think Seattle will take him. They’ll stay safe and grab Faksa/Dickinson or Mascherin.

Out of the blue for Bishop to waive but Seattle will have enough cap to go and trade for their #1 rather take a chance and possibly lose that money.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
That would be an improvement, but he might be more expensive, I think there will be quite a bidding war on suter.

I understand the team race to pick him up at a discount, but I’m not how much he will make when it’s done. He isn’t young and he isn’t the same player he had been. I guess that’s a fair point, maybe It’d be a roughly similar ask for him.

Well, cross your fingers and hope Harley comes up in a big way this coming season.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
That would be an improvement, but he might be more expensive, I think there will be quite a bidding war on suter.
The thing with suter is , he will likely want to sign with a contender . Most contenders don’t have a ton of cap space .

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I think a 2 year offer at $5 million per year would work out nicely, I'd hesitate to offer a third year but would probably do it if it meant lowering the AAV down to around $4.4 million. $4.4 to 5 million is doable only if...a) Dallas bridges Miro b) Dickinson is the Seattle pick and c) Nill fills in gaps with budget options and prospects.

I expect Suter will get better offers, but Dallas seems to have a great reputation among veterans and could be seen as a lower end contender with a shot at a cup run. The man likes his Wisconsin farm though, so I'm still betting Chicago.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wonder if Suter and Parise are still a package deal. If they Isles seem like the #1 destination. Parise knows Lou from the Devils and Suter played for Trotz in Nashville

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Any team out there with open forward slots that would be interested in Dickinson/Faksa ? Get some value before Seattle comes in if possible.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Any team out there with open forward slots that would be interested in Dickinson/Faksa ? Get some value before Seattle comes in if possible.
Rangers looking for a shutdown 3C from what I have seen.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Can the Stars trade any forward at this point? Seems like they need every body they have to meet the exposure requirements.

Yes . Comeau and Kero are the required two forwards , Sekera and Hanley meet the defenseman requirements ( only needed one but have two ) and Bishop meets the goalie requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->