Post-Game Talk: 2021 NHL Playoffs - Round 1: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Feel like what really annoys me the most, the Kucherov/"cap circumvention" thing, is that all any rational person needs to do is look at Tyler Seguin. He had the same operation that Kucherov did, and he had it at the beginning of November. He didn't return to an NHL game until May 3. It was about seven months. IIRC, the general rehab window is as wide as about 5-8 months or so. If Kucherov had taken as long as it took Seguin to recover, he wouldn't have made it back to the ice at all this year, no matter how long our playoff run this season is. Seven months from late December is late July, and the SCF will already be completed by then.

Would the Lightning actually risk their best forward, someone who they realistically cannot expect to win the Cup without, for potentially the entire postseason, all in the name of "cap circumvention"? It's absolute madness. The idea that he would have the surgery at a time when five months after would be when the playoffs are set to begin, leaving no window for potential setbacks, as a gambit to help the Lightning's cap situation - this disregards the idea of someone who's 27 with 642 career NHL points would actively miss a season in the middle of his prime - fails any sort of common sense test, and any "reputable" people in the media who legitimately subscribe and push this idea should have their credentials revoked. They clearly have no clue what the hell they're talking about.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
B5DDD98C-AEAF-4C4B-BC9E-C6C915057B19.jpeg

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yeah but too bad he sucks in the playoffs.

I'm gonna be eating shit for that for the rest of my life. The production was always there but the few times he faded under pressure always left a nasty taste in my mouth. lol he sure proved me wrong didn't he? Ask the NYI how they feel about that buzzer beater

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm gonna be eating shit for that for the rest of my life. The production was always there but the few times he faded under pressure always left a nasty taste in my mouth. lol he sure proved me wrong didn't he? Ask the NYI how they feel about that buzzer beater

Wasn't even thinking about you. It become the mainstream story about him -- "Kucherov is awesome, but he disappears in the playoffs." Based mostly on one bad series vs. Washington, + the CBJ sweep where THE WHOLE TEAM SUCKED.

Easy narratives seem to stick to us more than other teams. It's probably the same for the Panthers.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Wasn't even thinking about you. It become the mainstream story about him -- "Kucherov is awesome, but he disappears in the playoffs." Based mostly on one bad series vs. Washington, + the CBJ sweep where THE WHOLE TEAM SUCKED.

Easy narratives seem to stick to us more than other teams. It's probably the same for the Panthers.

Naw you're cool but I might as well own the fact I was vocal about trading him if he flopped and looked like a lost dog in an elimination game again. I wasn't thrilled with how he played vs Pitt in games 6 and 7 either

I might as well take that moment to say I was wrong

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Naw you're cool but I might as well own the fact I was vocal about trading him if he flopped and looked like a lost dog in an elimination game again. I wasn't thrilled with how he played vs Pitt in games 6 and 7 either

I might as well take that moment to say I was wrong

It's ok.

However, it's not ok that @Whoshattenkirkshoes did not eat the crow he said he would. Liar.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00