Post-Game Talk: 2021 NHL Playoffs - Round 1: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
i think this series goes the distance, hopefully us coming out on top. Vasy really needs to be 2020 playoffs Vasy if we want it to even make it to 7. Hopefully Goodrow isnt out longer than a game or 2 cause we will need his grit against Florida. Here's to getting at least most of the regulars back for game 1 and we dont look completely incompetent on the ice

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Seeing Kuch and Stammer both on the ice for game 1 !!!!!!!!!!!! Something we have not seen in a while. Heck seeing them on the PP make me Giddy. Yeah they will be rusty but at 80% are they not leaps and bounds better than the PP we have had the last month. Also Point will return to being Point. Think about this we did not have 1 player over a PPG this year. This 1st round is going to be a war. We need the D to stand up tall as well as Vasi. The MVP in the regular season has to be Gourde and he needs to continue in the Playoffs.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
All comes down to Vasy. Even if some guys get back into the lineup, I have to assume we're a pretty banged up group. Florida has that energy about them and really took it to us in the regular season, but I think we're due to show a glimpse of why this team won the Cup. Discipline will be key but if we can take even 1 of the first 2, I like the chances of pulling it off.

Win or lose I'm just looking forward to the battle, I have long awaited this playoff matchup. I'm sure it could get ugly at times but that's just how things go, I don't see how this isn't a back and forth series.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Seems all is lost now but game one watch everyone is skating out of the tunnel and the fun begins.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
If our big players are not healthy, we've 0 chance to win the series.
We need our big names: Kuch,Stammer, Heddy, Point and Vasy have to play at their best.
Florida, this season, is confident and determined...and under coach Q, they built a very good roster.
So, if we don't play at our best, we'll go home.

Reactions: DaBolts

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
If our big players are not healthy, we've 0 chance to win the series.
We need our big names: Kuch,Stammer, Heddy, Point and Vasy have to play at their best.
Florida, this season, is confident and determined...and under coach Q, they built a very good roster.
So, if we don't play at our best, we'll go home.
It has been said by others but I would love to see Stamkos - Point - Kucherov to start this series off but then again putting Stamkos with Cirelli might be needed as Cirelli is on a really bad streak right now. He has 1 point in his last 21 games.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
It has been said by others but I would love to see Stamkos - Point - Kucherov to start this series off but then again putting Stamkos with Cirelli might be needed as Cirelli is on a really bad streak right now. He has 1 point in his last 21 games.
I'd start with the Palat-Point-Kuch line, to be honest...And, yes, Stammer with Cirelli. Also because Anthony needs be step up for real: Iimo he played a quite bad regular season and maybe playing with Stammer may help him to find out the right way to return to score.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

I'm not sure if I agree with the domino effect he suggests. Why wouldn't Q just mix up the d-pairs?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Cirelli BAD STREAK the guys is damn right invisable. Hes been a black hole scoring and his defense has been almost as bad. 9 Goals and 22 points is 50 games Faceoffs below 50% If I counted right no goals in 26 games and just 3 asst's in the same 26. Granted he has suffered not having Stammer next to him Killorn has still managed to play at a 48 point pace without Stammer with Similar ice time. Johnson has the exact same number of points playing 3 to 8 minutes less per game Johnson has 2 PPG to Cirelli's 1 and the face off percentage is a dang near tie. But we will not relent on the bitching about Johnson when Cirelli deserves the attention even more. I an not saying that Johnson has played well they have both had serious setbacks in there game. What we need to realize is that Cirelli is not what we thought he was and what he signed a 4.8 mil contract for. A 2c should be able to carry the play without a superstar on his wing. Both Johnson and Cirelli have benefited from having Kuch Stammer and Palat on there wings.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The Panthers do a good job clogging up the blue line. We need Pucks deep.

I hope with the return of Stammer and Kuch we don't play "Cute" Hockey because that doesn't work in the playoffs.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
The Panthers do a good job clogging up the blue line. We need Pucks deep.

I hope with the return of Stammer and Kuch we don't play "Cute" Hockey because that doesn't work in the playoffs.
thats pretty much the definition of the hockey style that kucherov plays, but at least it keeps the other team honest - because he's so good at it.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Guys guys guys, hear me out

What if we just circumvented the playoffs and just took the cup? Like, why do we have to get bogged down in all these details when we can just go be the champs?

Imagine getting knocked out in the first round and the boys, everyone including the taxi squad, is waiting in the tunnel of the winning team and they storm the celebration, smack Bettman with the mic, then grab the cup and leave. Winning team wouldn't know what to do. Wouldn't know how to handle that. It's never been done, never been seen, we could pull it off and go back to back!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad