Post-Game Talk: 2021 NHL Playoffs - Round 1: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm excited to see an actual competent PP again.

But also terrified of all the stupid passes Kuch and Stamkos are gonna make on said PP :laugh:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Guys guys guys, hear me out

What if we just circumvented the playoffs and just took the cup? Like, why do we have to get bogged down in all these details when we can just go be the champs?

Great idea! Sadly, the NHL management will never go for it as they have made it perfectly clear with their recent actions and in-actions that they have the Washington Capitals already engraved as the 20-21 Cup Champions.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I hope the coaching staff runs the shit out of these guys. Injuries or not they often looked like they were completely out of gas and somehow managed to do it in only 56 games

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
giphy.gif

seeing the band back together

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I hope the coaching staff runs the shit out of these guys. Injuries or not they often looked like they were completely out of gas and somehow managed to do it in only 56 games
I mean that schedule was pretty damn condensed.

Kind of lost in the details is before we started pulling guys out we had a seven game point streak where we barely gave up any ice. I would have liked to bring it more against the Panthers but I think Coop had the right mindset - we don't need to be first in the division or win the President's Trophy or anything like that to make a deep run. Home ice is nice, but in a season where there aren't many fans in the building and Cooper shoots hismelf in the foot more often than not with last change, being as healthy as possible was a higher priority.

Hopefully the switch is flipped. Not an easy matchup, but honestly no matchup is easy with the top 4 in the division.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Panthers won't know what hit 'em. When Stamkos and Kucherov start scoring that's when they'll say "Oh shit, we're playing the Tampa Bay Lightning."

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hopefully the switch is flipped. Not an easy matchup, but honestly no matchup is easy with the top 4 in the division.

That's gonna be the whole thing. Someone shared some absurd stat that Kucherov and Stamkos haven't been on the ice together since February of last year. I have full confidence that this team has everything it takes to repeat but it's going to come down to how well prepared the coaching staff has the stars on team (especially Kucherov) ready to play together. It's bound to get sloppy the first time in such a long time at game speed. Whatever time Cooper has given guys off I hope they've used it well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad