Post-Game Talk: 2021 NHL Playoffs - Round 1: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
That's gonna be the whole thing. Someone shared some absurd stat that Kucherov and Stamkos haven't been on the ice together since February of last year. I have full confidence that this team has everything it takes to repeat but it's going to come down to how well prepared the coaching staff has the stars on team (especially Kucherov) ready to play together. It's bound to get sloppy the first time in such a long time at game speed. Whatever time Cooper has given guys off I hope they've used it well.

While we aren't 100%, I think people have forgotten how good this team is at full strength. Our forward and d depth isn't matched by many in the league. Our core (while not the youngest) is one of the best in the world. It's time to go to work.

Regular season don't mean shit. Playoffs baby!!

twenty5psi

Feb 27, 2018
I mean it's hard not to get excited about having a healthy a roster as we've had all year. Just hope Hedman is healthy enough to turn it up a notch.

Heddyzeppelin

Aug 24, 2020
Getting out of our division will be exceptionally difficult. I think we have a decent chance if we keep those crappy turnovers to a minimum. Stay patient and take advantage of opportunities.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Those lines are solid. The 2nd line might make or break us though. Don't really have high hopes for the 4th, but who knows.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
The panthers have yet to face the actual tampa bay lightning. They creamed their pants beating up on the extras, now they're in for a rude awakening!

StaySalty

Apr 12, 2018
Lakeland, Florida
I could see this going either way. Islanders owned us in the regular season in 2016. 2016 second round against the islanders TBL win 4-1 or something similar to CBJ 2019. Not a sweep but a Bolts loss 4-1 or 4-2. Hopefully we beat them in 4-5 just not expecting that. They have a lot of offense. Hopefully our D can return to 2020 playoff level.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
It will be interesting to see COlton on 3rd line. The only concern is that he hasnt any PO experience on NHL level. And I remember Joseph in 2019 against CBJ. He was really good in regular season,but was lost in PO.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
It will be interesting to see COlton on 3rd line. The only concern is that he hasnt any PO experience on NHL level. And I remember Joseph in 2019 against CBJ. He was really good in regular season,but was lost in PO.
Joseph and Colton were two different players, Joseph was too small and weak on the boards in 2019. Where as Colton excels along the boards and has better finish.

Reactions: Peacefool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad