Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
We have to actually complete a rebuild.

The Kings look like they're going to halfass their current rebuild, just as we ultimately did with the Stepan trade.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
We have to actually complete a rebuild.

The Kings look like they're going to halfass their current rebuild, just as we ultimately did with the Stepan trade.
Agreed, we’ll see how good Detroit and Ottawa are in a couple years….they’ve done it right.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Agreed, we’ll see how good Detroit and Ottawa are in a couple years….they’ve done it right.

I have reservations about Detroit's. Their center situation isn't great. It feels very similar to our last one. Promising wingers with upside, some great defensive prospects, lack of any true 1C. Now they could easily get one in this upcoming draft and be absolutely stacked.

Reactions: YotesFan47

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I have reservations about Detroit's. Their center situation isn't great. It feels very similar to our last one. Promising wingers with upside, some great defensive prospects, lack of any true 1C. Now they could easily get one in this upcoming draft and be absolutely stacked.
Detroit had 10, now 9 picks (plus Nedeljkovic), in first 5 rounds of this years draft. They’re going to be a powerhouse again.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Some rebuilds don't work.(Coyotes) The organizations with stability (NOT the 'Yotes) thru out usually have more success.
Truer words could not have been spoken more eloquently.

I apologize to J53, I added some words to his statement.

Reactions: Jakey53

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I was watching until I had to call the pharmacy and have been on hold for 20mins. Dangit!!!

It's a recording I believe, should be on the channel whenever it finishes.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yeah seems to be involved in some of the scouting. Great content so far.

He lit up when asked about Cole Sillinger. If there's a trade up with the Flames or Flyers I'd think he's the target.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
He lit up when asked about Cole Sillinger. If there's a trade up with the Flames or Flyers I'd think he's the target.

I know that Cole Sillinger is a highly-thought-of prospect, but I can't shake the feeling that Doaner likes him because he played with his dad for a bit with the Mutts.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Chase Stillman was his first choice for sleeper. Then Boucher. Then Knies.

They might go hard on puck hounds
I also tonight his reaction to Johnson seemed cool. Then when they switched to Lucius he started grinning right away. RA said some dumb jokes that got them side barred and Doan was thrown off for the scouting report but he was really beaming when Biz first mentioned Lucius. Not as much as Coronato, who he’s obviously a huge fan of. Same with Sillinger. But I thought it was a little telling how he reacted to the Johnson topic versus the Lucius topic.

Doan obviously likes guys who are hard on the puck, go to the net, can score goals, and don’t shy away from physicality. It’s no surprise, that’s who he was as a player. But honestly, those are the only kinds of forwards I want to draft. I have no interest in dipsey doodlers.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Doan did gush about Sillinger. Willie Dejardins was spotted in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. The thought was he may be up for the AC job. He knows Cole Sillinger very well. He was GM and HC in Med Hat his rookie season before the pandemic shut it down. I was watching an interview with Cole and his dad from the Christmas just before COVID. They takes about Desjardins.

He’s an impressive kid. One funny part was his dad said that Cole was 6’00 195 and super into nutrition and em very lean. Mike said when he broke into the the NHL he was 5’10.5 and 180lbs and are cheeseburgers every day and was nothing like Cole.

Plandowski is supposedly a big fan of western kids. Cole’s fancy stats are top notch. He plays the game hard. He goes to the net and he has one of the best shots in the draft. He’s played wing and center and his future position seems undetermined. Seems sturdy, dedicated, forceful, and talented. Good bloodlines and guidance so far, too. Seems to have a good head and plays the right way. Feels like a BA guy. Scouting reports remind me a ton of TJ Oshie. The comp the report writers throw around for him are always Mark Scheifele. So maybe somewhere between those two, style wise. Not sure he’s as prolific as Sheifele or as rambunctious as Oshie. The one Doaner used was Bo Horvat for him.

It would not surprise me if he was a move-up target. Outside of moving Garland or Dvorak, I can’t see us getting as high up there as we would need to be. But perhaps we get a later 1st and then move that picks, with one of our plethora of 2nds to get Sillinger.

Reactions: Mosby

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
So the scenario where the Coyotes get the Flames 1st supposedly hinges on whether the goalie Cossa is taken before their pick at 13th?

I dont follow goalie prospects at all but it seems unlikely from what I can see? Is our best hope the Sens picking a goalie and choosing Cossa over Wallstedt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad