Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So the scenario where the Coyotes get the Flames 1st supposedly hinges on whether the goalie Cossa is taken before their pick at 13th?

I dont follow goalie prospects at all but it seems unlikely from what I can see? Is our best hope the Sens picking a goalie and choosing Cossa over Wallstedt?
I think it was the Oilers who wanted Cossa? Could be wrong though.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
So in listening to Doan on Spittin' Chicklets, he seems really high on Coronato. I'd imagine he's our first round target if Doan has any say. I tried to watch yesterday but my kids have been a holes and want my attention over me giving it to hockey. I mean, what 6 month old doesn't understand how import this week is?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sabres just got the 13th overall pick for one year of Risto.

They should flip that to us for Kuemper :)

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Sabres just got the 13th overall pick for one year of Risto.

They should flip that to us for Kuemper :)

Yes please.

1sts may not have the same value this year as they normally do. Or Philly thinks they are going to be world beaters next year (they wont be).

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I would never, ever, ever take a goalie in the 1st two rounds. No exceptions.

Imagine Florida not having signed Bob, and instead just waited for Spencer Knight. I don't agree with you on this.

Not that I am "have to take this goalie now!" here, don't get me wrong. But I disagree.

And as it was pointed out before this playoffs, all 4 teams entering the conference finals, did it with 1st round goalies as their starters.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Imagine Florida not having signed Bob, and instead just waited for Spencer Knight. I don't agree with you on this.

Not that I am "have to take this goalie now!" here, don't get me wrong. But I disagree.

And as it was pointed out before this playoffs, all 4 teams entering the conference finals, did it with 1st round goalies as their starters.
Even the best ones that turn out great, rarely do so for the team that drafted them.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Even the best ones that turn out great, rarely do so for the team that drafted them.

I might have made this rule up, but goalies seems oddly loyal to their team for me, as a rule. Just stay loyal to them, and they stay loyal to you. (I don't feel Hill had felt the love even before this years negotiations though. )

It's possible to say both Price and Vasi had squeezed their teams for what they could get, but both finalists made it with their own 1st round goalie.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I might have made this rule up, but goalies seems oddly loyal to their team for me, as a rule. Just stay loyal to them, and they stay loyal to you. (I don't feel Hill had felt the love even before this years negotiations though. )

It's possible to say both Price and Vasi had squeezed their teams for what they could get, but both finalists made it with their own 1st round goalie.
I’ve done the math. I didn’t save it and I’m not doing it again. Drafting goalies in the first two rounds is a horrible idea as a general rule.

Reactions: 0point1

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Names I like listed in order, though we probably won't get 1-3 of the first 3 unless we get a 1st from someone.

Kent Johnson: Extremely skilled forward, excellent hockey IQ, great center. Game will translate well, should be good on both ends of the ice. Room to grow and already 6'1.

Zach Bolduc: Played with Lafrenierre but clearly has the tools to carve out a niche for himself. Great speed and agility, wicked shot. Again 6'1 and should grow, should have great entry zone stats.

Danill Chayka: Big D (6'3) with excellent reach and all the tools to be a #1D. I think he'll fall because of COVID, but this kid is a low risk pick who will establish himself as a stay at home in the NHL in no time at all. He has a decent amount of offensive upside.

Fedor Svechkov: He may currently be rising but he's another player I think might fall in the end. Great two way center, great tools and great IQ. Reminiscent of Dvorak.

Ayrton Martino: Good IQ, great slippery forward who's a bit undersized but very good offensively. Will be deadly on the PP and on the rush.

Scott Morrow: Slippery defenceman who has great offensive instincts and is big enough to handle most players at the NHL level. Could be the steal of the draft if he can put it all together. Has all the tools.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Let's go! 9 OA

Power and Beniers are gone by 9

Edvinsson, Eklund and Hughes are possible but I'm not interested in LWs and LD so high in the draft.

McTavish, Guenther, Clarke and Johnson are all picks that I'd be excited about.

Those are the consensus top 9 that Mackenzie described as an obvious tier.

Sillinger is who we're actually going to pick. Shane Doan gave it away in that podcast yesterday with his excitement.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Question for the smart people...is our draft/scouting brain trust ready for this? Have they done the due diligence on projected early first Rd picks just in case we move up? I'm thinking they have to be ready for any possibility of changing draft position or falling players.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Question for the smart people...is our draft/scouting brain trust ready for this? Have they done the due diligence on projected early first Rd picks just in case we move up? I'm thinking they have to be ready for any possibility of changing draft position or falling players.

I'm not a "smart person" but I can guarantee you that the scouting department has been working on the first round since Bill Armstrong started working. He's made it pretty clear that he was going to make a move of this type.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona

You betcha. This OEL trade didn’t just happen today..probably been in the works for weeks, more likely months

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Scouching was my primary draft resource this spring. He was harsh on Johnson and even more harsh on Sillinger. These are the two guys that may have attracted our scouts attention. I don't know what to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad