GDT: 2021 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - 8:00 P.M. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
to be fair, I very much believe that we had discussions with SJ to maybe move down if Hughes was gone by 4. I imagine that was what Weekes was referring to in hindsight.

I don’t doubt that we had conversations, my point is more that we always get quotes they’re working on doing things, and it rarely pans out. I’ll be interested when we have something concrete.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The had a fairly large contingent that wanted Hunter Shinkaruk with that pick and then were shocked as he kept sliding down the draft. He was ranked high and was going to score goals.

He turned into nothing. NHL teams mostly nailed it.

Nobody scouting is infallible. “The board” at 29 is normally fairly fluid and even more so this year.

Nichushkin was another fan favorite during the Cory trade draft year, he's basically become a decent bottom six player but certainly not the 'high upside' that was tauted on draft day.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Fans may discuss the 5 guys they would like, but as long as the team stays on the board, nobody is really complaining.

When they go off the board into Wyoming to pick a bottom 6 grinder just because of his work ethic, that’s incredibly frustrating.
So teams need to draft according to the fans board? Or should they make their own board?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Are we going act like Seattle didn’t f*** up by trying to charge insanely high amounts on side deals? Seattle literally did f*** up lol

That's different than saying their scouting sucks, that's just Francis not reading the room and misjudging his hand - that's all him, not the scouting department.

Would most of the fans predicted that before the expansion draft, sure but no fan would have predicted Vegas would get a shit ton of hauls before their expansion draft either.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Nichushkin was another fan favorite during the Cory trade draft year, he's basically become a decent bottom six player but certainly not the 'high upside' that was tauted on draft day.

High upside offense didn’t pan out but the guy is legitimately incredible defensively. Not just one of those guys who are big and didn’t pan out so people say they’re good at defense but actually amazing

Reactions: nugg

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don’t doubt that we had conversations, my point is more that we always get quotes they’re working on doing things, and it rarely pans out. I’ll be interested when we have something concrete.
Hughes was there, we got our guy, why would we want that conversation to pan out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad