GDT: 2021 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - 8:00 P.M. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico Hughes

Jun 28, 2021
Jack's already gotta deal with missing the playoffs again next year, so make the obvious pick in Luke and dont make things worse

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Is day two of the draft going to take nine hours to get through again? I’m normally a patient woman but waiting for a 7th round pick only to see it randomly traded after the endless grind was a piss poor ending. And then my little potato dumpling Pashin was stolen from me drafted by Carolina a couple spots later. No anti-climatic bullshit this time Fitz.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Is day two of the draft going to take nine hours to get through again? I’m normally a patient woman but waiting for a 7th round pick only to see it randomly traded after the endless grind was a piss poor ending. And then my little potato dumpling Pashin was stolen from me drafted by Carolina a couple spots later. No anti-climatic bullshit this time Fitz.
Could not agree with anything more. Pissed me off to no end waiting for an hour for that pick and then it being traded.

Reactions: Guttersniped

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
tenor.gif

Reactions: LeedsMonster

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
Probably in the minority here, but I'm hoping Hughes is gone at 4 and we get Guenther. Then Morrow at 29. However, I'd also be happy with Hughes/ L' Heureux

Reactions: StevenToddIves

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
100% on the Luke Hughes train and would be disappointed if we take anyone else at the #4 spot.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Pronman's final mock draft from this morning: NHL Mock Draft 3.0: What I'm hearing about how the first round will play out

Has it going:

1. Power
2. Bernier
3. Eklund
4. Hughes
5. Edvinsson
6. McTavish
7. Guenther
8. Clarke
9. Johnson
10. Cossa

4. New Jersey: Luke Hughes, LHD, U.S. NTDP-USHL

The boring, predictable pick is what I think will ultimately transpire in New Jersey. Not every team I talk to thinks the Devils will pick Hughes, some think it could be Simon Edvinsson. But most think it will be Hughes.

29. New Jersey: Francesco Pinelli, C, Kitchener-OHL

Pinelli has mixed opinions with some scouts really believing in him as worth a top-25 pick and some hesitant to take him even in the second round. Adding him or Olausson would make a lot of sense for the Devils as they continue to round out a very strong farm system.

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
Yay the draft is finally here!!! happy draft day everyone

Heres my list just to throw it out there. this is my personal list, not necessarily the order of where I think the devils should draft them. Im only listing guys I have seen at least 2 games of, which is only about half the first round.

Defense
1. Power
2. Clarke
3. Hughes
4. Edvinsson
5. Culemans
6. Lambos
7. Zellweger
Power for me, is Unequivocally the best player in this draft, and in my opinion, exactly what the devils need. I have the utmost confidence that power will end up having one of the top 3 NHL careers of any defenseman taken in the last 5 years. Yes I would do a trade involving the isles pick to get him here..I lOVE the way Brandt clarke plays the game. yes, I do have a minor reservation on his skating, but the kids skill, attitude, demeanor and will to win should push him to the NHL. Hughes on the other hand Irks me the way he plays defense. But his age, physical abilities and history of family work ethic should help him figure that our with some time in college. Allthough I personally like Clarke better I actually think Hughes might be the slightly better/safer pick for the devils to make. I actually really like Edvinsson and I do think he has offense. But I do have some reservation taking him so high. id prefer 8 or 9. Zellweger blew me away at the u18s.

Forwards:
1. Eklund
2. Berniers
3. McTavish
4. Guenther
5. Johnson
6. Coranato
7. Sillinger
8. Lucius
9. Rosen
10. Lysell
11. Othmann
12. Stankoven
I have seen almost no Svechkov(most of the russians actually) hence hes not in there. but I know he should be. Eklund to me is the best forward in this draft and if the devils go F, hes the only guy Id prefer over a D. Mctavish is kind of a guy who at first I was a little surprised rose so high. But after several games, man the kid screams NHL power winger to me. I know most dont consider him for us at 4. But his role would actually be an excellent fit on the devils. a future line of Mctavish-Hughes -Holtz could be devastating. 4 is just a little high for me to take him but I certainly wouldnt hate it. I absolutley love Coranato and think hes gonna be a NHLer for sure.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Pronman's final mock draft from this morning: NHL Mock Draft 3.0: What I'm hearing about how the first round will play out

Has it going:

1. Power
2. Bernier
3. Eklund
4. Hughes
5. Edvinsson
6. McTavish
7. Guenther
8. Clarke
9. Johnson
10. Cossa

4. New Jersey: Luke Hughes, LHD, U.S. NTDP-USHL

The boring, predictable pick is what I think will ultimately transpire in New Jersey. Not every team I talk to thinks the Devils will pick Hughes, some think it could be Simon Edvinsson. But most think it will be Hughes.

29. New Jersey: Francesco Pinelli, C, Kitchener-OHL

Pinelli has mixed opinions with some scouts really believing in him as worth a top-25 pick and some hesitant to take him even in the second round. Adding him or Olausson would make a lot of sense for the Devils as they continue to round out a very strong farm system.

Pinelli would be an excellent pick at #29. I do not feel similarly about Olausson -- his shooting and speed are terrific, but I have questions about his awareness and ability to process the game which make me doubt the possibility he will be close to the best player available at #29.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad