3. Power
4. Beniers
5. Johnson
6. Lucius
7. Eklund
8. Clarke
9. Chibrikov
10. Wallstedt

First time I've seen Guenther #1 and Lucius and Chibrikov in top 10.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
It's behind a paywall, but Pronman's current top 10:

1. Guenther
2. Hughes
3. Power
4. Beniers
5. Johnson
6. Lucius
7. Eklund
8. Clarke
9. Chibrikov
10. Wallstedt

Weird draft year for sure, and it's nothing against Guenther.

No clear #1, even at this stage, is something else.

2002 or 2012 vibe about this draft.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Weird draft year for sure, and it's nothing against Guenther.

No clear #1, even at this stage, is something else.

2002 or 2012 vibe about this draft.

I think 2002, but no Rick Nash. You take Nash out of the equation and the top 10 that year:

Kari Lehtonen
Jay Bouwmeester
Joni Pitkanen
Ryan Whitney
Scottie Upshall
Joffrey Lupul
Paul-Marc Bouchard
Petr Taticek
Erik Nystrom
Keith Ballard

However, it should be noted that Duncan Keith, Jiri Hudler & Johnny Boychuk were all taken late 2nd that year too.

There will be NHLers, but keep expectations to middle 6 forwards & 2nd pairing D.

We drafted Chris Higgins that year.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
It's behind a paywall, but Pronman's current top 10:

1. Guenther
2. Hughes
3. Power
4. Beniers
5. Johnson
6. Lucius
7. Eklund
8. Clarke
9. Chibrikov
10. Wallstedt

IIRC, McKenzie had Guenther at #1 in his pre season rankings. He’s a nice player, reminds me of a more goal-oriented RNH.

Think my man crush for the season is Oskar Olausson. Maybe I’ve caught the right games but he’s been lights out in all my viewings.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
IIRC, McKenzie had Guenther at #1 in his pre season rankings. He’s a nice player, reminds me of a more goal-oriented RNH.

Think my man crush for the season is Oskar Olausson. Maybe I’ve caught the right games but he’s been lights out in all my viewings.

Anyone of Olausson, Robertsson, or Chibrikov and I'm good. I would also be ok with Svechkov, McTavish and Poltapov depending on where we pick.

I'd like a forward first round.

Reactions: bopeep

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So this little chart is supposed to reflect how good Svechkov is. And he is definitely moving up the rankings. He’s now in 16 range after being mostly late 1st; however, if you look in top right corner - just above OFFENSIVE DYNAMO - you will see the faded name of: Prokhor Poltapov!

My guy!

Chibrikov is there too. Far left in shot heavy.

20210405_235348.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Chibrikov's one of a handful of guys I've taken the time to watch play this year, and while there's merit to his game I'm confident there will be better options.

One thing is for sure. The Habs couldn't develop a player of his archetype.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
tonight is the All American game in the USHL at 8 pm. Will try and get a vid of the game if possible.
Draft Analyst put up a review on the Prospect Thread. He wasn't impressed with Coronato, and was impressed with Gasseau, which were my early impressions as well, without having watched the game.
Gasseau def looks like a player of interest for the Habs with his local connections. Also big RH defenceman Roman Schmidt.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I didn't watch all the Biosteel game, I recorded some of it, not sure yet what i'm going to do with it yet.

Here's one kid I like for the '22 draft scoring a nice goal last night,

Draft Analyst put up a review on the Prospect Thread. He wasn't impressed with Coronato, and was impressed with Gasseau, which were my early impressions as well, without having watched the game.
Gasseau def looks like a player of interest for the Habs with his local connections. Also big RH defenceman Roman Schmidt.

it's one game but he's a risk as you have to be careful with prospects on highly stacked teams, projecting how much of their success is on them or on being on a stacked team as we found out with Fucale and Drouin.

I only saw a little of the game last night, I have the 1st period and half of the 2nd recorded so I will watch it at some point. I like both Steel players in Coronato and Samoskevich. I'm guessing Samoskevich falls due to missing a chunk of time to injury but early on this season when I had hockey.tv and watched several Steel games I actually liked Samoskevich more but then Coronato just crushed the season. He plays bigger then his size and goes to the net so I like what i've seen from him but then there's him going to Havard and Samoskevich going to Michigan. If Michigan likes you that's a good sign usually.

From the Steel I also like Ufko and Jack Bar seems interesting as a late round pick.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I didn't watch all the Biosteel game, I recorded some of it, not sure yet what i'm going to do with it yet.

Here's one kid I like for the '22 draft scoring a nice goal last night,

it's one game but he's a risk as you have to be careful with prospects on highly stacked teams, projecting how much of their success is on them or on being on a stacked team as we found out with Fucale and Drouin.

I only saw a little of the game last night, I have the 1st period and half of the 2nd recorded so I will watch it at some point. I like both Steel players in Coronato and Samoskevich. I'm guessing Samoskevich falls due to missing a chunk of time to injury but early on this season when I had hockey.tv and watched several Steel games I actually liked Samoskevich more but then Coronato just crushed the season. He plays bigger then his size and goes to the net so I like what i've seen from him but then there's him going to Havard and Samoskevich going to Michigan. If Michigan likes you that's a good sign usually.

From the Steel I also like Ufko and Jack Bar seems interesting as a late round pick.

Ya, the U18 blows out the USHL All Stars in this game because they have been playing as a team for 2 years. It's really just another exhibition match for the NDTP.

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad