2021 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Canucks are in no position to be trading away a top 10 pick to dump a contract that only has one year left on it. We need more top prospects and we should be able to land one in this draft, likely a D man which we need badly. We just need to be patient as we’re almost done with the Eriksson show... one more season... we can’t be hurting our future more than we already have

Agreed.

We are entering a rebuild.
Sucking next year works well with the rebuild that is imminent.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
There is nobody that benefited more than corson ceulemans from the U18

That AJHL return did not go as planned for him.
It wasnt pretty in the 6 games
His coach Pappineuai or something like that said he never got settled
got one even strength point, got injured.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
There is nobody that benefited more than corson ceulemans from the U18

That AJHL return did not go as planned for him.
It wasnt pretty in the 6 games
His coach Pappineuai or something like that said he never got settled
got one even strength point, got injured.

Can you elaborate on this? I am not sure I understand the timeline, but Corson's stat line from the few games in Brooks this year looks really good. I am really interested in this player so I want to understand more.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I'm curious why Ceulemans isn't getting pushed higher as well. I love the kids game and wouldn't be upset at all at 9 or 10 with him.

Lambos McTavish (if his skating checks out) Guenther or Eklund if they fell i like.

Chase Stillman is my hope for the 2nd round. Gritty 2nd line winger with some finish.

From a organizational standpoint McTavish would be choice if he checks out. Nothing better than being deep down the middle. Him and Horvat could be a tough 2/3 for teams to handle and we have to start thinking about young legs with top6 upside at the position

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
I'm curious why Ceulemans isn't getting pushed higher as well. I love the kids game and wouldn't be upset at all at 9 or 10 with him.

Lambos McTavish (if his skating checks out) Guenther or Eklund if they fell i like.

Chase Stillman is my hope for the 2nd round. Gritty 2nd line winger with some finish.

From a organizational standpoint McTavish would be choice if he checks out. Nothing better than being deep down the middle. Him and Horvat could be a tough 2/3 for teams to handle and we have to start thinking about young legs with top6 upside at the position
I like him as well. He has a bit of grit to his game a good shot as well however might need some seasoning to become a true nhl center. Either way though he may actually be a good miller replacement that can be a duel threat winger/center guy.

Reactions: sting101

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I'm all aboard the Eklund train if he falls. I feel there are some nice Dmen that could drop to our 2nd round pick.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I think we can say goodbye to Powers, Clarke, Eklund, Hughes, Edvinsson, Beniers. If any of those fall then I think we have to take them, but I doubt it.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Can you elaborate on this? I am not sure I understand the timeline, but Corson's stat line from the few games in Brooks this year looks really good. I am really interested in this player so I want to understand more.

I follow the some of bigger names who are going to the NCAA in the following year so Corson was of interest

- Fall of 2020 restrictions arent as tight and the AJHL season is getting going. 5 points in 2 games in November. He's star of the game in 1 of them. Perfect start.
- Alberta goes full nuclear with restrictions and the league is shut down
-No practice or anything till March. so like 3-4 months of no hockey. They get the go ahead to start the season again and get 1 week worth of practice to get ready again.
- First game back is pointless in the weekend series, and pots a goal and a assist in the 2nd game.
-Next series he goes completely pointless and and misses the 3rd game with Injury. Saw one of those games that was streamed through their site. He should be taking over games, and he wasn't.
- I see his final weekend series before the U18 and gets some points in 12-2 blow out. Tough to judge a game that lopsided.
- He has his supposedly best game of the restart season in his final game then leaves for the tournament, another blowout.

The brooks bandits are an all-star team. they are 19-1 on the season or something like that.
They were the only team to play 20 games in their league.
they scored 115 goals in those games.
They routinely blow the other guy.

Cale Makar gets compared because they played on the same team and are going to the NCAA.

I just personally thought he would be doing more.
But it is a tough season to judge

So if you're looking at it from a stat point of view
He has 5 in his first 2 games
--- Gap --
6 points in 6 games in 2021, pointless in 3 of those 6 games, and 5 of those are PP, and 1 secondary assist at even strength.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
9th spot secured for the lottery.

It will be an interesting draft and those consensus rankings mean nothing since teams will have their own rankings based on their own information. I can see Mason McTavish, Corson Cuelmans, and Jesper Wallstedt being picked before us.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I follow the some of bigger names who are going to the NCAA in the following year so Corson was of interest

- Fall of 2020 restrictions arent as tight and the AJHL season is getting going. 5 points in 2 games in November. He's star of the game in 1 of them. Perfect start.
- Alberta goes full nuclear with restrictions and the league is shut down
-No practice or anything till March. so like 3-4 months of no hockey. They get the go ahead to start the season again and get 1 week worth of practice to get ready again.
- First game back is pointless in the weekend series, and pots a goal and a assist in the 2nd game.
-Next series he goes completely pointless and and misses the 3rd game with Injury. Saw one of those games that was streamed through their site. He should be taking over games, and he wasn't.
- I see his final weekend series before the U18 and gets some points in 12-2 blow out. Tough to judge a game that lopsided.
- He has his supposedly best game of the restart season in his final game then leaves for the tournament, another blowout.

The brooks bandits are an all-star team. they are 19-1 on the season or something like that.
They were the only team to play 20 games in their league.
they scored 115 goals in those games.
They routinely blow the other guy.

Cale Makar gets compared because they played on the same team and are going to the NCAA.

I just personally thought he would be doing more.
But it is a tough season to judge

So if you're looking at it from a stat point of view
He has 5 in his first 2 games
--- Gap --
6 points in 6 games in 2021, pointless in 3 of those 6 games, and 5 of those are PP, and 1 secondary assist at even strength.
The league allows them to do that?

Reactions: CanuckCity

lawrence

May 19, 2012
9th spot secured for the lottery.

It will be an interesting draft and those consensus rankings mean nothing since teams will have their own rankings based on their own information. I can see Mason McTavish, Corson Cuelmans, and Jesper Wallstedt being picked before us.

Not yet. Seems like the flames have trouble defending 4 goal leads.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
At 9th There’s going to be at least one or two droppers, In a draft this wide-open honestly

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The 8-13 hole is like the 15-20 hole in a strong draft. Just something to keep in mind.
Again that’s just your opinion, nobody knows for sure, do you know how many stacked drafts I’ve seen were actually average or awful?

Nobody knows until at least five years from now, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a very good draft.
Mostly because covid it has definitely messed with everything.

Reactions: CanuckCity

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
The Canucks draft probabilities are in the books:

4.5% chance of 1st overall
4.8% chance of 2nd overall
64.4% chance of 9th overall
24.7% chance of 10th overall
1.7% chance of 11th overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad