Not open for further replies.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Clarke
Beniers
Power
Eklund
Hughes

Would have been really nice if we didn't win in garbage time and get to draft one of these prospects. This is 2019 all over again.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
I’m happy with our clutch loss today, and glad we’re at 9th instead of 10th after missing out on Zegras last time.

Can’t worry about this stuff too much, I mean we did pretty poorly down towards the end, and Demko is not going to let us lose too much.

Really think this is where a good top 8 D falls to us as someone will surely go off the board. Will be interesting how we do in the post Judd era.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Kind of funny that we pick 9th barring lottery wins in a year where there's a clear top 8. Beniers, Power, Clarke, Hughes, Johnson, Guenther, Edvinsson, Eklund.

Someone always goes off the board so we should get whichever one of those falls.

Disagree on the 'top 8' being clear. This years draft may be lacking a true #1 talent (like Lafreniere for example), but I actually like the depth 1-13ish when it comes to impactful NHL talent. We should get a very good player 9th-11th, and like you said there will be more than a few off the board picks...which could lead to some unexpected players being available.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Hoglander + Rathbone + Podkolzin + top 10 pick this year is actually an incredible second wave of prospects to Complement the core of Petersson, Boeser, Horvat, Miller, Demko, and Hughes.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I absolutely do not want to win the lottery this year.

And if so definitely trade down even to ~12th and get extra assets.

The best player in this draft might be a top 5 pick, maybe not. But the 2nd best player is probably nearly as good and could be 15th overall.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015

The best player in this draft might be a top 5 pick, maybe not. But the 2nd best player is probably nearly as good and could be 15th overall.
If we somehow do win the lottery we should listen to offers on the pick foresure to see if anyone offers anything interesting. I wouldnt move it for less then a 2022 1st though

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Disagree on the 'top 8' being clear. This years draft may be lacking a true #1 talent (like Lafreniere for example), but I actually like the depth 1-13ish when it comes to impactful NHL talent. We should get a very good player 9th-11th, and like you said there will be more than a few off the board picks...which could lead to some unexpected players being available.

Im calling it
Kent Johnson goes early and is the first reach of the draft

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010

The best player in this draft might be a top 5 pick, maybe not. But the 2nd best player is probably nearly as good and could be 15th .

Rather win the lottery still. Only reason to not want 1st overall is because afraid to make a mistake. Canucks could pick whoever they wanted or move back and get assets. It would be great, not McDavid great but still good.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

I hear you.....in a nightmare scenario, the Canucks win the draft lottery and draft Owen Power first overall....and as a pro, he morphs into another Erik Gudbranson.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Rather win the lottery still. Only reason to not want 1st overall is because afraid to make a mistake. Canucks could pick whoever they wanted or move back and get assets. It would be great, not McDavid great but still good.

starting this year, if you win the lottery, you cannot win it for the next 5(?) years.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
So if you win the lottery this year and then the same teams ends up in dead last in the NHL next year, do they “win” the lottery and remain drafting first overall or do they automatically get bumped down a spot or two regardless

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think Mctavish can be a centre in the NHL? Beniers and Svechkov are the only two in our range that I’m really confident in projecting as NHL centres.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Do you guys think Mctavish can be a centre in the NHL? Beniers and Svechkov are the only two in our range that I’m really confident in projecting as NHL centres.

I see him as a centre. Has played the position his whole life and is a better skater than he gets credit for. I see him having an ROR type ceiling, more realistically having the impact of a Horvat.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
You don't think the top 8 is clear? I don't mean in terms of who will be the best coming out of this draft and I don't have a personal ranking of them, I mean in terms of consensus rankings. Everyone has a different order for best to worst, but those 8 seem to be in everyone's list that I've seen at the top and then after that it gets wild.

Nov 1, 2011
You don't think the top 8 is clear? I don't mean in terms of who will be the best coming out of this draft and I don't have a personal ranking of them, I mean in terms of consensus rankings. Everyone has a different order for best to worst, but those 8 seem to be in everyone's list that I've seen at the top and then after that it gets wild.

I think the top 8 is clear with the goalie being a wildcard to make it a top 9.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver

I think the top 8 is clear with the goalie being a wildcard to make it a top 9.

I don’t see how McTavish, Lucius, Sillinger, Ceulemans aren’t in that tier. Could even include Svechkov and Lambos in there too.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Power does give me Myers PTSD at times. Sometimes over reliant on his long reach than actually closing with quick feet. A bit uncoordinated at times as well. Only seen some highlights and a few clips tho.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
9th spot secured for the lottery.

It will be an interesting draft and those consensus rankings mean nothing since teams will have their own rankings based on their own information. I can see Mason McTavish, Corson Cuelmans, and Jesper Wallstedt being picked before us.

Those Consensus rankings that have Wallstede 10 and Mctavish 11? Obviously they can move up or down a few spots lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad