Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
This team proved this season were not good enough to trade 1st rd picks. We should be keeping this seasons #1 and going forward until we make the playoffs 2 seasons in a row. As everyone can see from the highlights there's 2 monster drafts coming up with generational type talents. This organization should not go all in for mediocrity. Make some hockey trades and try and clear some cap ....if the wheels fall off next season... let them fall off. We need high picks to get some elite level talent. Were not as bad as the last 30 games show but we definitely are missing play driving top 6 forwards and the only way those are coming is likely via the draft.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
What do the Flyers draft experts think of Cole Sillinger here in HF???
I don’t claim to be an expert, but i do have a growing opinion on him. He has a really good shot and can make plays. His skating is pretty average. He will be a strong power play player. Sense seems strong. I think the real question is his skating. He could go right around where the Flyers are projected to pick but will probably around 15-18. I have to spend a little more time on him, but I’m initial thoughts are very positive.

Reactions: macleish1974

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
So, it is looking like the 13th pick, unless the Flyers get lottery lucky and then it would be 3rd or 4th. Chicago is 3 pats back, Arizona has forfeited theirs, I don’t think we catch the Rangers or Stars, which places us in the 14th spot. Minus Arizona equals 13th.
That win against the Pens the other night was a ball breaker

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Haven't seen him play yet this year and only saw him in passing last year.

Statistically, he had the best ES season of anyone in the USHL over the last 5 seasons (any age). Prior to this season, only one player had a point on more than 40% of their teams ES goals. Sillinger was at 44% this year and no one had a higher percentage of their teams ES goals. He was at 24%. He shot over 20% but I'm not sure that's totally uncommon for a player of his caliber. Strong two-way goal differential numbers also.

If I were to poke holes in the resume, his ES numbers last year were middle of the road for a D-1 player in the WHL (nearly half of his points came on the PP which is unusually high for a forward). His primary assist rate has been pretty low the last two years for a player with his scoring prowess. He had 3 times as many goals as primary assists this year. In my experience that is not really sustainable and a bit on the alarming side.

My hunch is there will be better prospects on the board if and when the Flyers pick but he's probably in the conversation at the end of the lottery.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
So, it is looking like the 13th pick, unless the Flyers get lottery lucky and then it would be 3rd or 4th. Chicago is 3 pats back, Arizona has forfeited theirs, I don’t think we catch the Rangers or Stars, which places us in the 14th spot. Minus Arizona equals 13th.

Still some chance to bump 2 spots, though unlikely

Reactions: IronMarshal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad