Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
How does a family end up with a surname of Whynot? :laugh:

Edit: so Whynot plays in Halifax with Desnoyers. Didn't realize Desnoyers is doubling his next closest teammate's production. :amazed:
He had a good amount of hype prior to last season and fell victim to a bad Halifax team. He's caught my eye in the few Desnoyers games I caught this year. Good frame, very good skater, and some skill.

Bobby Orr (yes that's what he goes by) also looks like a draftable player from Halifax. They're young but they have some talent. L'Heureux will go high (2021), and Dumais (2022) and Vidicek (2022) are impressive as 16 year olds. Still not sure how to make ends of the scheduling this year. :dunno:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
tumblr_m1sbem8Gzg1qd87hlo1_500.gif

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
HP has their November rankings out. Some radically different readings from others.
HockeyProspect.com 2021 NHL Draft Top 32 Ranking, November - HockeyProspect.com
Clarke at 10
Wallstedt as the number 2 goalie?
From the NHL DRaft Prospects thread. I bolded Mark Edwards responses to questions:

1: Owen Power
2: Kent Johnson
3: Luke Hughes
4: Simon Edvinsson
5: Oskar Olausson
6: Carson Lambos
7: Dylan Guenther
8: Matthew Beniers
9: Corson Ceulemans
10: Brandt Clarke

2021 NHL Draft Rankings - HockeyProspect.com
Click to expand...​
Mark Edwards: Was just about to post and saw it posted already. Thanks.

I think with Clarke the main concern right now is his skating. I’ve seen some comment on his skating saying that it is elite or an asset of his, I disagree. I think he’s knock kneed and although he’s fairly agile and moves laterally well, his straight line speed and first couple steps are an issue imo. His brother is a few years older and has not really been able to fix his skating issues yet either, not that it means Brandt won’t. He’s very good moving pucks and creating offence, but with a deep group of D at the top, I don’t think it’s a stretch to not have Clarke that high​
Mark Edwards: Every NHL scout I've spoken to is concerned about his skating. Many scouts I've spoken to didn't have him in their top 2 amongst OHL based prospects. Many had him 3rd or even 4th in the OHL.

He's a player we really wish we could've seen play this fall to see what kind of a summer he had in the gym etc...

Ya I think Johnson is being severely overrated right now, mainly due to the fact his numbers last year were eye popping, and he’s scored 5 points in his first two NCAA games, albeit against weak competition (Arizona state is not a good team) , and a lot of the draft class not yet playing or only playing scattered games. As a late bday 02, I don’t see a kid who would have even been a top 15 pick last years draft, no chance I’d take him ahead of someone like Perfetti. I watched both games this weekend, he’s very crafty and creative, he does a really good job of moving his feet and finding open space in the offensive zone, but his skating isn’t ideal. Found him very weak on the puck, it’ll be interesting to see how he does against stronger ncaa teams 5 on 5. I think with the fact​
Mark Edwards: Skating is the weakness but it's not a stopper. Arizona was absolutely awful but it didn't hide the talent of the eligibles. This kid is a very smart and skilled player. He's eligible for the 2021 draft so that is the only draft that matters to us. Not a ton of high end competition up front at this point of the season.

Is this skaters only, I don't see Wallstedt.​
Mark Edwards: Separate list. He's our 2nd ranked goalie but "A" rated. Top 16- 20 right now if put into our full list.
HockeyProspect.com Covering NHL, OHL & QMJHL Draft's
Check out our latest NHL Draft Rankings & our NHL Draft Black Book
Follow me on Twitter @MarkEdwardsHP I scout NHL Draft prospects full time.
footerlogo.png

Mark Edwards, Nov 17, 2020

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I did not realize Michigan had so many notable guys to keep an eye on. I gotta start watching them more often.

Already drafted: York, Beecher, Bordeleau, Brisson

2021 draft: Power, Beniers, Johnson

Reactions: SanBlom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad