2021 NHL Draft (new season tank edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I thought he showed well at the U18. I guess he was relatively quiet compared to Wright and Othmann, but I thought he handled front line duties well.

Guenther puts up flashy numbers but isn’t really a flashy player. He plays a very mature game that I see translating well. I think he’s in the NHL to start in 2022.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Groo

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I thought he showed well at the U18. I guess he was relatively quiet compared to Wright and Othmann, but I thought he handled front line duties well.

To me he looks like the closest thing to a surefire impact NHL player in this entire draft. Power, Clarke and Johnson might be better if they all hit their absolute ceilings but Guenther is the safest bet.

Reactions: Sandisfan

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
To me he looks like the closest thing to a surefire impact NHL player in this entire draft. Power, Clarke and Johnson might be better if they all hit their absolute ceilings but Guenther is the safest bet.
Sounds like a sharks pick

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
2 would be perfect. Avoid Power and get Dylan G or Matty B

Honestly, that’s kinda my dream. I’ve been a defender of Power and he is 3rd on my board, but I like Clarke and Beniers more. If the Sharks got #1, then I feel like they’d 100% take Power. Ideally someone who takes Power 1st wins that slot, and we win the 2nd overall slot and take Beniers. I like Clarke more, but I feel like the Sharks won’t like Clarke due to his funky skating style.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I say 8th so we all have something to complain about
No complaints from me. Do we stay at 8th? Or could anyone see us trading back in the top 15-20 in that scenario and picking up a high 2nd?...Not sure the value of dropping 2 spots but Ottawa right now has the 10th and 39th.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Regardless of where the pick is, people here would have made a better pick and the play will bust.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Regardless of where the pick is, people here would have made a better pick and the play will bust.

I dunnooo Sharks would certainly have Barzal or Rantanen right now. We definitely didn't pick Hertl though haha that was a melt down. Personally I think if the core group of posters here got to vote on who we should pick in the 1st round each year I'd wager it would go pretty well. After the 1st round yeah the Sharks scouts would do heaps better at picking.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I just don't see the Sharks grabbing Wallstedt. Honestly, not sure where he ends up but the two teams I don't want to get him in the first are the Kraken and Sharks.

For some reason a good portion of the mocks seem to think Detroit is picking him. Not sure if that pure speculation or insider information. But that would be amazing if a team picking ahead of us took a goalie.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
For some reason a good portion of the mocks seem to think Detroit is picking him. Not sure if that pure speculation or insider information. But that would be amazing if a team picking ahead of us took a goalie.

Not many people liked the Mo Seider selection, but he's looked pretty awesome.

Very excited to have a chance to add a really good prospect. Not a franchise changer, but there's an opportunity to get a 2/3D, a #1A wing, or a starting goalie, and we need all three.

If we just follow this up with trading Burns and one of the top 6 forwards and properly tanking next year for Wright, all is well. Unfortunately, sounds like we'll be buying.

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Not many people liked the Mo Seider selection, but he's looked pretty awesome.

Very excited to have a chance to add a really good prospect. Not a franchise changer, but there's an opportunity to get a 2/3D, a #1A wing, or a starting goalie, and we need all three.

If we just follow this up with trading Burns and one of the top 6 forwards and properly tanking next year for Wright, all is well. Unfortunately, sounds like we'll be buying.
Can't waste EK65's prime years! ;)

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I dunnooo Sharks would certainly have Barzal or Rantanen right now. We definitely didn't pick Hertl though haha that was a melt down. Personally I think if the core group of posters here got to vote on who we should pick in the 1st round each year I'd wager it would go pretty well. After the 1st round yeah the Sharks scouts would do heaps better at picking.
Don't forget when we all got hyped for Anthony Mantha only to end up with Mirco Mueller after the trade up in 2013...

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Sharks trading back if they are 8th or 9th seems smart. Arytom Martino is very very good and could be a later pick

Normally I can see both sides of the coin, but am strongly against this in 2021.

We're in line to get a prospect with high end potential at 7-9. And given the disparity of views around the order, I could legitimately see someone I rank in my top 5 or so being there to grab at 8 or 9 even.

I could easily see us ending up with someone like Clarke or Eklund at 7, which would be fantastic.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Normally I can see both sides of the coin, but am strongly against this in 2021.

We're in line to get a prospect with high end potential at 7. And given the disparity of views around the order, I could legitimately see someone I rank in my top 5 or so being there to grab.

I could easily see us ending up with someone like Clarke or Eklund at 7, which would be fantastic.
At 7, I'll be happy with whoever from the top 7 is still available. After that, I'm not too sure what's available. Wallstedt or McTavish could be nice ones if we drop to 8 or 9 but if we could trade down like 2-3 spots and pick up an early 2nd, that could be a better move in terms of value. Maybe target Calgary or Chicago then go for Sillinger in the first and Cossa in the early 2nd.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad