2021 NHL Draft (new season tank edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
At 7, I'll be happy with whoever from the top 7 is still available. After that, I'm not too sure what's available. Wallstedt or McTavish could be nice ones if we drop to 8 or 9 but if we could trade down like 2-3 spots and pick up an early 2nd, that could be a better move in terms of value. Maybe target Calgary or Chicago then go for Sillinger in the first and Cossa in the early 2nd.
That was my thinking. We've had a nice relationship dealing with Ottawa. Why not move down 2 spots to 10th if they're there and pick up one of their two 2nd rounders? Is that good value for the 8th?

Roasted Nuts

Feb 6, 2018
Behind you
That was my thinking. We've had a nice relationship dealing with Ottawa. Why not move down 2 spots to 10th if they're there and pick up one of their two 2nd rounders? Is that good value for the 8th?
I feel that we'd get fleeced by Ottawa if we were to deal with them again. But value wise, getting a second rounder for moving down two spots would be good.

Roasted Nuts

Feb 6, 2018
Behind you
However, the #10 pick is notoriously bad for yielding future NHLers compared to the 7th or 8th. Checking on Hockeydb draft history, the 10th spot has yielded only two notable names over the past 10 yrs, Rantanen and Brodin, while the 7th is the polar opposite, having yielded only two busts with the rest being NHLers. In fact, you could produce an all star team with players from the 7th pick alone, with names like Hughes, Scheifele, Provorov. I'll let you decide, would you rather have
Players from 7th pick
NHL Players selected at the 7th draft position at hockeydb.com
Players from 10th
NHL Players selected at the 10th draft position at hockeydb.com

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Would not be surprised if Columbus reaches for McTavish a la Dubois.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Just watched a feature on Mason McTavish. I think he's growing on me. I could see that being the pick at 8.

I'm not sure that he's top 10, but I could see the Sharks desiring him that high.
good size
center
leadership qualities
tough and good skills in front of net
2nd generation pro
very competitive/aggressive/physical
already has a beard going at 18

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that McTavish was one of the Peterborough players that hated Merkley and wanted him out but could just be a false assumption.
I'm pretty sure that's correct in terms of rumors. But I think I've also seen that Zach Gallant didn't like Merkley back then but they're roomies now so idk.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
I was also going to be happy with the Rat or Barzal. Wanted Barzal more then Rat. Then Meier was born. Also think of Michalek, Bernier at 6 and 16 in the best draft in nhl history.

Alot of teams can say what if in that draft. but if we get mix of Kopi, Getzlaf, perry etc. We probably got a cup

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Wouldnt the odds be the same?

No, because there's a 3.1% chance that you eliminate one team and redraw with 15 teams. They didn't eliminate Arizona to start presumably so as not to give Chicago et al higher odds than their placement warranted.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Reggae Shark

Sep 30, 2018
6.7 shot at #1 not bad. Also i could see Columbus, NJ, and Det going off the board in a draft like this.
116A6DBF-9CC2-42EA-841A-DA6F3E9C36BA.jpeg

Reactions: Sandisfan

Gunnin54

Nov 7, 2012
Can we just move the Avs roster to SJ and our roster to CO. God watching them is crazy. We really need a McKinnon like player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad