NFL: 2021 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Let's reserve judgement until we know more about the facts of the allegations.

But, from the outside looking in, this is an elite athlete. So, from a logical POV, to me, if he's getting massages to help him heal and get ready for the next game and season, then wouldn't he be seeing the same therapist all the time or at most 2 different ones? I use a RMT and I try to see the same person each time, knowing full well that the person I want to see may be booked for a couple of weeks in advance.

I have switched RMT locations but that's mainly due to my work not being downtown, so it's not as convenient to go there. But, once I find someone that is good, I stick with that person.

Watson has money, so you'd think he'd be able to setup a schedule to see a therapist on regular basis.

So, it makes me wonder what kind of massage places he is going to? Or what the intention of his trip to these massages are for.
I think it's becoming pretty clear what the intention of those trips are...

Obviously he is not guilty in a court of law yet, but it looks pretty f***ing bad.

Reactions: fin8

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Let's reserve judgement until we know more about the facts of the allegations.

But, from the outside looking in, this is an elite athlete. So, from a logical POV, to me, if he's getting massages to help him heal and get ready for the next game and season, then wouldn't he be seeing the same therapist all the time or at most 2 different ones? I use a RMT and I try to see the same person each time, knowing full well that the person I want to see may be booked for a couple of weeks in advance.

I have switched RMT locations but that's mainly due to my work not being downtown, so it's not as convenient to go there. But, once I find someone that is good, I stick with that person.

Watson has money, so you'd think he'd be able to setup a schedule to see a therapist on regular basis.

So, it makes me wonder what kind of massage places he is going to? Or what the intention of his trip to these massages are for.

And why pray tell do we need to reserve judgement when there's 13 lawsuits (all of which have been vetted) with more on the way?

I always thought you were a bit dim upstairs but now I have my proof

Reactions: fin8

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
And why pray tell do we need to reserve judgement when there's 13 lawsuits (all of which have been vetted) with more on the way?

Allegations are not proof of guilt/innocence. If you wish to judge him right now, you can go right ahead.

I have no skin in the game here. If he's guilty, I hope he gets punished accordingly.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Yes I agree. Early on when there was only one or two lawsuits, that’s one thing but 13? That’s f***ing insane. Obviously there’s still the possibility all of them could be lying or fake, but as the number rises, it gets smaller and smaller and at 13, the possibility is minuscule at best now.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Will we still have access to our local teams in market?
Yes, that will always happen. The article speculates that it would be something like a draft, and/or something like how the Big Ten broadcast schedule is done.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yes, that will always happen. The article speculates that it would be something like a draft, and/or something like how the Big Ten broadcast schedule is done.
That would mix up the announce teams. Not always tied to Buck/Aikman for Dallas anymore or Nanz/Romo for New England as an example. Can get a bit repetitive hearing the same announce crew for certain teams.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That would mix up the announce teams. Not always tied to Buck/Aikman for Dallas anymore or Nanz/Romo for New England as an example. Can get a bit repetitive hearing the same announce crew for certain teams.
With such a large number of prime time games, the schedule is still watered down enough that it will happen.

also:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
With such a large number of prime time games, the schedule is still watered down enough that it will happen.

also:

These games better be played a week that isn’t the last of the season. To end the nfc west season with 4 games against the afc north would be criminal.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Honestly starting to think Darnold to Carolina is likely if one of the big 4 QBs isn't going to them. Would move a 3 and select Slater/Pitts.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Ultimately I don't think anything will come of it, but if they are forced to sell, I wonder if chargers could move again.

Do the other 3 Spanos siblings have the money to buy out Dea's portion of the team? Each sibling owns 15%, the family trust controls 36% and the remaining 4% is owned by outside entities.

Say the value of the team is $2.6 billion per Forbes Magazine, do the Siblings have $390 million total or $130 million each to buy out Dea's share? Siblings have first right to purchase her portion. Have to agree on the price, then see if they either have the money or can borrow the money to buy her out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad