NFL: 2021 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

ESPN making out trading the late Week 1 MNF for a Week 18 Saturday double header. Which I don’t know how good that is bc the old Week 17 matchups tend to be limited.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

ESPN making out trading the late Week 1 MNF for a Week 18 Saturday double header. Which I don’t know how good that is bc the old Week 17 matchups tend to be limited.

Week 17 games are pretty much divisional games the past couple of seasons. The best game will be reserved for Sunday night still.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Basically gonna be a free-for-all like it is in college. Should just let QB's and kickers wear numbers into the 20's and allow 0 to be used.

Expect lots of jersey number changes.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So, Larry Fitz finally gets to wear his #1.

Awesome news. I always thought seeing a LB wearing like #8 was great.
If they are opening it this much going to be harder for guys to get their number from college in the pros. Ncaa allows duplicate numbers so long as players are on different sides of the ball and never on the field at the same time.

one thing that isn’t great about the nfl is that when players leave the team most of the time the replacement player takes the same number because there are not many options available if say a DB wants a jersey number in the 20’s. So if a CB leaves who wore 21 most likely a drafted CB will be given 21.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Basically gonna be a free-for-all like it is in college. Should just let QB's and kickers wear numbers into the 20's and allow 0 to be used.

Expect lots of jersey number changes.

“Your wide receiver, number 37...”

The f***?!

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
What an odd signing. Maybe he's now rehabilitated, like Alex DeLarge.
I read that they tried to acquire him last season from Dallas, too.

I think he can be productive in the right circumstance. I hope he’s able to play all the games again this season and stay on track personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad