GDT: 2021 MLB Season Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I actually enjoy Dodger Stadium, but I wouldn't go to a rivalry game against the Giants. I think I would fear for my safety because of the drunk fans. I'm not saying all fans are like this, but the rowdy fans can get violent, especially after the incident involving that Bryan Stow years ago. I also remember going to Raider games when they were in oakland and every single game I went to, which was like 3 games, I saw someone getting arrested and taken by the cops.
My first and only game attending Dodger Stadium came when I was visiting a friend in LA several years ago. The Dodgers were in town that weekend so we bought tickets and they were playing the Giants. It was a day game on Mother's Day, so that might have played a role in keeping things calm, but for the most part it was a pretty relaxed experience. I'm also pretty sure I ate my body weight in Dodger dogs that day (we had seats in the "All You Can Eat" section).

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
If we still had Myles Straw it would've been a total blowout last night. Possibly the worst trade of the entire season!

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Everything falling for San Diego while the A’s can’t even do basic shit.

Now if that f***ing idiot Geri Davis calls that 0-2 strike on Grisham this is a totally different inning.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
A's wait until the 9th to get their first hit with RISP in the series and walk it off in the 10th

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The Mets go to Miami and lose 2 games while the Phils and Braves win. No deGrom for 4 more weeks. The NL Least turtle race is getting tight!

Mets have had 9 games against Pittsburgh and Miami since just before the AS break and lost 6 of them. Blew a 3-0 lead tonight and are in danger of losing again.
Same old Mets. Lose to the teams you should beat. This lineup should not be this bad.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'd like to get the opinions of other fans:
Are any of you scared of the White Sox?

I watch them everyday and come away underwhelmed.
It depends on what they look like by October. They have the starters, bullpen and bats but haven’t been able to field their full team since day 1.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
At least 4 trash cans were thrown onto the field at Dodger Stadium, and throughout the first 6 innings, the Stros had to repeatedly endure "Cheater!" and "Astros suck!" chants. However, after a 2-run Yordan Alvarez bomb in the 7th made the score 3-0, an eerie silence fell upon the stadium. In fact, Dodger "fans" were spotted exiting the game as early as the 8th inning. In the end, the Dongers made some nice plays on defense, but were completely shut down offensively, recording only 5 hits. Although some might say that $300 million and 4 thrown trash cans just to get shut out is pretty embarrassing, the good news for the Dodgers is that there's always tomorrow.

Mentioning payroll as a measurement of how you enjoy a win without looking into details is for p***yes.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I'd like to get the opinions of other fans:
Are any of you scared of the White Sox?

I watch them everyday and come away underwhelmed.

Not really. I'm not sure they can beat any of the other playoff contenders, honestly.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Mets drop 3 of 4 to the Marlins. :facepalm:

Left 15 men on base, went 1 for 6 with the bases loaded, and completely pissed away a bases loaded no out chance in the first. The offense has been complete hot garbage. They need to get their shit together and fast if they want to make the playoffs.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I give the Braves bullpen a lot of shit but the Cards bullpen just did what I don't think I've ever seen before. Went from up by 2 to giving up a single, HR, double, HBP, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk. Now trail by 4 in half an inning where they retired first two batters.

Cardinals basically walked in a grand slam, after giving up a 2 out 2 run homer to let the Braves tie it. Probably the easier way of saying it.

Last edited:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
The Cardinals have been doing that all year. That (and some injuries to the rotation) is the reason why they're as bad as they are.

Shildt is also going full on Matheny using Cabrera/Gallegos/Reyes every game like Matheny did with Maness/Siegrist/Rosenthal and burned all them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille