OT - NO POLITICS 2021 II - The Blahs of February

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
If anyone 65 and older is looking for a vaccine in Mass check CVS websites. my dad was able to get his today. only 20 minutes on the website, compaired to the 4 hours and no luck on the mass.gov website.

Reactions: LSCII

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I spent literally hours again this morning. Two Ipads and two computers going. Multiple windows. Got the big f*** you over and over.

At least my sister who is battling cancer was notified that she has an appointment at the Lahey in Burlington on March 22.
May be a month away but at least she’s on a list.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I spent literally hours again this morning. Two Ipads and two computers going. Multiple windows. Got the big f*** you over and over.

At least my sister who is battling cancer was notified that she has an appointment at the Lahey in Burlington on March 22.

Did you get put in the queue at least? And if so, is it true that the next round, your spot in that queue is already held for you?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

did you try CVS?
my dads first shot is feb 28th, second shot march 29th

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Did you get put in the queue at least? And if so, is it true that the next round, your spot in that queue is already held for you?

I kept getting into the waiting room.......then put in my info....then told sorry all gone.

There furthest Ive gotten was yesterday . St. Vincent Hospital page in Worcester. Was sent a confirmation email saying I was on there waiting list. Thats it.

In the mean time I emailed my Primary, my endocrinologist and my Pulmonary physician asking-if they could help. We’ll see......

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I kept getting into the waiting room.......then put in my info....then told sorry all gone.

There furthest Ive gotten was yesterday . St. Vincent Hospital page in Worcester. Was sent a confirmation email saying I was on there waiting list. Thats it.

In the mean time I emailed my Primary, my endocrinologist and my Pulmonary physician asking-if they could help. We’ll see......

Fingers crossed...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I promised an old friend I would help them get a slot and it wasn't easy but I finally hit CVS.com at the right second.

I put his Cambridge zip code in and told nothing was available in the area - I then put in a Somerville zip code and Cambridge showed up and CAMBRIDGE popped up and I got them.

THERE HAS TO BE AN EASIER WAY TO DO THIS

q_qxfOb6UQxJVeXQxUkFd7g--wDPDQe9_JDFqRivS08Nc5yBm0x3P58bdeNO225ZwXPc3cJ48leNDeF7tMnF49tJx7cnPjJT0JViYRWfSRkiyuCSdNQ=s0-d-e1-ft
Your appointment details
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Your two-dose COVID-19 vaccine is confirmed. Please keep this message as it contains important information about your appointments, and what to do if your plans change.

Here are your appointment details.
First dose
When:
02/27/2021
at 03:00 PM EST

Where:
215 ALEWIFE BROOK PARKWAY
CAMBRIDGE,MA 02138
Second dose
When:
03/27/2021
at 03:00 PM EDT

Where:
215 ALEWIFE BROOK PARKWAY
CAMBRIDGE,MA 02138
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
That is the maddening flaw with the system, you should be able to register and store the info BEFORE you start chasing slots.

absolutely!
I start with who has appointments available.At 8:05 this morning Gillette literally had thousands.

I think its a 6 page questionnaire. Always the same.
Health and insurance questions.
Numerous times, dozens, Ive advanced through to the next to last . ‘Pick you day and time’.

Click on that and get page that days ‘Sorry. All appointments taken’......go f*** yourselves.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
absolutely!
I start with who has appointments available.At 8:05 this morning Gillette literally had thousands.

I think its a 6 page questionnaire. Always the same.
Health and insurance questions.
Numerous times, dozens, Ive advanced through to the next to last . ‘Pick you day and time’.

Click on that and get page that days ‘Sorry. All appointments taken’......go f*** yourselves.

@Gee Wally - Or at worst do it like Ticketmaster - once you select a time you have 5/10 minutes to enter your info

:banghead:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The US Gymnastics program is a complete disaster. Even if you put the Nasser stuff aside, they let the Olympic team get coached by a guy who pushed young girls around and apparently regularly told them to kill themselves for messing up routines.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too reactionary but in the future if I have children, especially girls, I'm not inclined to let them do gymnastics, karate, cheerleading, etc. because they're all ridden with abuse.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

My other sister is 70 and lives in Williamstown. She gets asthma and she hasn't been able to get an appointment.

I go 3/20

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The US Gymnastics program is a complete disaster. Even if you put the Nasser stuff aside, they let the Olympic team get coached by a guy who pushed young girls around and apparently regularly told them to kill themselves for messing up routines.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too reactionary but in the future if I have children, especially girls, I'm not inclined to let them do gymnastics, karate, cheerleading, etc. because they're all ridden with abuse.
It isn't fair to paint every gym with the same brush.

There are so many good gyms who do not abuse children who are fully transparent and work with parents to create the safest experience possible.

I guess I am really lucky that my gymnastics/tumbling experience was very positive and I was never once pressured to do a skill I didn't feel comfortable with or come back from an injury too soon.

The lower levels of USAG are light years different than elite and there have already been a massive number of changes.

I can't speak to Karate or Cheer but I know a lot of people who have kids in gymnastics and they researched the hell out of their gyms and have had a very positive experience thus far.

Reactions: sarge88

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
It isn't fair to paint every gym with the same brush.

There are so many good gyms who do not abuse children who are fully transparent and work with parents to create the safest experience possible.

I guess I am really lucky that my gymnastics/tumbling experience was very positive and I was never once pressured to do a skill I didn't feel comfortable with or come back from an injury too soon.

The lower levels of USAG are light years different than elite and there have already been a massive number of changes.

I can't speak to Karate or Cheer but I know a lot of people who have kids in gymnastics and they researched the hell out of their gyms and have had a very positive experience thus far.
I’m glad to hear you had a positive experience with gymnastics. No one in my family was ever involved, so I had no frame of reference, but I recently listened to the 30 for 30 podcast on the Karolis (might have spelled that wrong). It was honestly horrible to hear how these children were treated, and it wasn’t some long gone incident. Simone Biles spoke about the awful training conditions.

Reactions: Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not sure why the immunization scheduling process is so bass-ackwards. It’s almost as if people who have nothing to do with the process, and will never use the process, designed it all...and then forced the guys and gals coding it to do it to a VERY specific set of parameters and have it done yesterday

Not that I had any hand in this one, but I’ve done plenty of reporting and data sharing with testing/immunization sites and the MIIS, and that’s typically how it’s been going for almost a year now. Someone misinformed makes a major decision that gets pushed down to operations. Operations tweaks it to somewhat fit their needs. Lastly it gets to the developers to have it all done according to specs that aren’t feasible and have it done yesterday. Would be nice to have the developers in there from day one, but maybe I’m being greedy.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
If they're going to insist that 900,000 people are eligible for the next round, they NEED to have a pre-registration mechanism. You have 80,000 slots available at Mass Vax sites next week? Great, 120,000 people who preregister are randomly picked. Then, 780,000 at least don't have to spend hours hitting refresh or filling out forms, waiting for tens of thousands of minutes in waiting rooms, or looking at Skippy the Questioning Squid. Then 80,000 take the spots, and 40,000 are disappointed. Any extra spots are opened up the next day, but people are told that they'll be VERY LIMITED in terms of location and times - if you're picky, don't bother, and just wait for 5 minutes.

The Natick Mall site isn't bad IF you can get a time. It asks for prior vaccination info and birthday, and then you get a "all full" or "reserve a time" message - no insurance info, etc. If I recall, the next page is the speed-round, where you select a time as fast as you can. If available, click to get to the latest day to avoid people who just click the first day. Don't take the first time you see - click in the middle where people might not take a time slot. After that, I think you have ten minutes to make sure you qualify (ie 65+, 2 conditions, medical staff, etc.), and fill out your address, phone, and insurance information if applicable. My memory was a little bit hazy as I was trying to book two appointments on the same day on different computers, so I was whizzing through everything.

It's crazy that a week or so ago, PrepMod was asking for all the background info for Gillette and Fenway in advance. They should have learned from Ticketmaster and know that you reserve a time, and give people 10 minutes to fill out all forms AFTER that.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Not sure why the immunization scheduling process is so bass-ackwards. It’s almost as if people who have nothing to do with the process, and will never use the process, designed it all...and then forced the guys and gals coding it to do it to a VERY specific set of parameters and have it done yesterday

Not that I had any hand in this one, but I’ve done plenty of reporting and data sharing with testing/immunization sites and the MIIS, and that’s typically how it’s been going for almost a year now. Someone misinformed makes a major decision that gets pushed down to operations. Operations tweaks it to somewhat fit their needs. Lastly it gets to the developers to have it all done according to specs that aren’t feasible and have it done yesterday. Would be nice to have the developers in there from day one, but maybe I’m being greedy.

I have many friends who are over 65 - some are very computer literate and others not so much.

Look - A vaccine rollout plan should have been incubated last spring when it became clear life as we knew it would not occur until there was a vaccine.

This has been an epic fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad