OT - NO POLITICS 2021 II - The Blahs of February

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Last night Mrs. 103 and I are out and about, and we decide to stop for some pizza at Romano’s in Salem, NH on Rt. 97.

We walk in and order our pizza, and decide to look around since we’ve never been in there before. Among the framed autographed jerseys hanging on the wall are a Tom Brady throwback (very cool), a Tyler Seguin Bruins third jersey (okay...), and a Joe Thornton all star jersey with a Bruins patch (huh...?). Of all the Bruins, why those two? High draft picks who underachieved here, right? A bit of a head scratcher.

Then I walk into the ‘dining area’ and something dawns on me as I look at the jerseys in there...

A red Canadiens Carey Price jersey, a white Canadiens Carey Price jersey (both autographed), a Montreal Expos jersey, and a Peter Stastny Quebec Nordiques jersey. I couldn’t have cared less about the Expos and Nords jerseys, but after asking the kid who took our order, he confirmed what I suspected - the owner was a rotten Habs fan! The Seguin and Thornton jerseys are obvious digs at the Bruins.

Between what I saw at the restaurant and how the Bruins were playing, my wife and I listened to Metallica on the ride home (the “Kill ‘em All” album) and not the game.

I did think it was funny that a pizza place had poutine on the menu, though. My wife wants to go back and get that another day. We do love poutine...

We’ll see.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Last night Mrs. 103 and I are out and about, and we decide to stop for some pizza at Romano’s in Salem, NH on Rt. 97.

We walk in and order our pizza, and decide to look around since we’ve never been in there before. Among the framed autographed jerseys hanging on the wall are a Tom Brady throwback (very cool), a Tyler Seguin Bruins third jersey (okay...), and a Joe Thornton all star jersey with a Bruins patch (huh...?). Of all the Bruins, why those two? High draft picks who underachieved here, right? A bit of a head scratcher.

Then I walk into the ‘dining area’ and something dawns on me as I look at the jerseys in there...

A red Canadiens Carey Price jersey, a white Canadiens Carey Price jersey (both autographed), a Montreal Expos jersey, and a Peter Stastny Quebec Nordiques jersey. I couldn’t have cared less about the Expos and Nords jerseys, but after asking the kid who took our order, he confirmed what I suspected - the owner was a rotten Habs fan! The Seguin and Thornton jerseys are obvious digs at the Bruins.

Between what I saw at the restaurant and how the Bruins were playing, my wife and I listened to Metallica on the ride home (the “Kill ‘em All” album) and not the game.

I did think it was funny that a pizza place had poutine on the menu, though. My wife wants to go back and get that another day. We do love poutine...

We’ll see.

Poutine pizza?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
202 new cases/1 death recorded for 2/27/21 according to the MCDC;

Have gone temporarily back to the wired headphones for now, as the wireless continues to charge;

Maine starts age vaccination rollouts Wednesday for 60 and older and each decade less until minimally July for those below 30; state was 2nd to Hawai'i IN terms of "shots in arms" per population

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I took an 800mg Motrin last night and it helped a lot. Still sore but not like last night. Feel great otherwise. My slight headache is because I've only had one cup of tea today where I am usually on #3 at this point during a week day.

Bring on dose 2 in a few weeks

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

We’ll see.

Well joke's on the owner I reckon. Whatever the rights or wrongs of Seguin parting ways with the Bruins, the guy won a Cup in Boston. How many has Carey Price won? Seems 1993's so long ago the guy's gotta put up a Bruins jersey to get a little taste of Cup glory in his place!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Well joke's on the owner I reckon. Whatever the rights or wrongs of Seguin parting ways with the Bruins, the guy won a Cup in Boston. How many has Carey Price won? Seems 1993's so long ago the guy's gotta put up a Bruins jersey to get a little taste of Cup glory in his place!

I wish the Bruins had done the same intervention with Seguin that Chicago did with Kane but...............

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
First family outing in weeks or maybe months. Picking up my fiancé at work at 130 then I believe we are taking the girls roller skating. Haven’t done that in almost 20 years. Used to skate at this place in Norwood or Walpole.
I used to roller skate frequently, growing up. There were several rinks in our area. Went to a lot of skating parties in middle school.

Haven't been probably in 25-30 years. :laugh: o_O

I actually own a pair of inline skates that I think I've used exactly once. Maybe twice. I did a lot better on the traditional skates. lol

Reactions: rfournier103

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I used to roller skate frequently, growing up. There were several rinks in our area. Went to a lot of skating parties in middle school.

Haven't been probably in 25-30 years. :laugh: o_O

I actually own a pair of inline skates that I think I've used exactly once. Maybe twice. I did a lot better on the traditional skates. lol

we went to Dave and Busters instead. After my youngest whined that one of her friends was roller skating. Can’t win with kids.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I took an 800mg Motrin last night and it helped a lot. Still sore but not like last night. Feel great otherwise. My slight headache is because I've only had one cup of tea today where I am usually on #3 at this point during a week day.

Bring on dose 2 in a few weeks
At first just a sore arm.....fell asleep so deep I didn't know where I was when I woke up.....next day felt a little draggy and slept a lot - lots a little naps.

Second shot scheduled for the 19th March....Pfizer one....might have to delay B-day plans if 2nd shot symptoms play out....while waiting outside after 1st shot the regional bus went by.....thought to myself....soon, very soon.....

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
At first just a sore arm.....fell asleep so deep I didn't know where I was when I woke up.....next day felt a little draggy and slept a lot - lots a little naps.

Second shot scheduled for the 19th March....Pfizer one....might have to delay B-day plans if 2nd shot symptoms play out....while waiting outside after 1st shot the regional bus went by.....thought to myself....soon, very soon.....
I’m feeling real draggy today. Got out of bed just in time for the game and haven’t been able to shake a mild headache since the 2nd period. It happens every time I get any vaccine especially the flu shot. Arm is more achey then sore today.

I am about to take a quick nap and I’ll probably end up eating cereal for dinner

My second dose is March 26th

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
My arm is still sore to the touch but otherwise no major issues ( I got the Moderna )

A month from now it will hard to sell people on 2 shots when Johnson & Johnson is only 1.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH and BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
My arm is still sore to the touch but otherwise no major issues ( I got the Moderna )

A month from now it will hard to sell people on 2 shots when Johnson & Johnson is only 1.

J& J currently doesnt have inventory and capacity.
It will take a little bit.
But it sure as hell is good news. Great news. The more the merrier.

For those that will be getting a second shot I advise planning the day after with Tylenol, tv, ginger ale and inyour jammies.
24 hours for a lifetime. Not a bad deal.
Wishing for mine still.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

72% efficacy for single dose j&j vs 95% for the 2 dose options. Unless that changes, j&j would have a hard time selling me on them.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
J& J currently doesnt have inventory and capacity.
It will take a little bit.
But it sure as hell is good news. Great news. The more the merrier.

For those that will be getting a second shot I advise planning the day after with Tylenol, tv, ginger ale and inyour jammies.
24 hours for a lifetime. Not a bad deal.
Wishing for mine still.
somebody told me you shouldnt take tylenol after second dose and just let the vaccine do its job. is that true? shes a nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad