Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
155335-Happy-February.gif

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I had to Google with the 'February blahs' was! Now I get it. When I lived in England the blahs month was January. Post Christmas/New Year people basically disappeared inside for the next month, huddled on the couch, binged TV shows, and didn't re-emerge until Feb when the days were just starting to become longer and more hopeful. I think it was Jan there rather than Feb because it snows much less in the UK than in New England and Canada and it isn't quite so bitterly cold, so the time for 'hibernating' and feeling a bit moody was more attached to the darkness and deflation immediately post the festive season, and Feb, while still cold, brought the first glimmers of moving on from winter and probably getting to grips with the new year.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
ugh. no spring. why do you guys want spring?
ticks mosquitos pollen . yuck.
give me days like Sunday was. sunny. no wind. 20 degrees. perfection.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
The last almost year now has been blah. I need to be able to so something normal soon, this shit is getting old..

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My aunt is sending me an afghan that my grandmother started crocheting but never finished. Grandma crocheted a whole bunch of them over the years, but I had no idea there was an unfinished one.

I just started crocheting a couple years ago. Grandma tried to teach me when I was a kid but I never got into it then, which I regret now, of course.

I can't wait to get it, so I can figure out a way to finish it. The thought that I'll have something we both worked on is making me :cry:

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Well my son (21) decided not to listen and brought home covid. Over it but no smell or taste still
Gave it to my wife....over it now too, only symptom being very tired

I hid in the basement and never got a thing (that I know of) . Had to reschedule 2 weeks worth of jobs (self employed)

Covid has made our property values skyrocket (2 hours north of NYC) and have incredibly busy with work

Got 18 " snow this week....lost 3 days .....hope the Sunday storm doesn't develop

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well my son (21) decided not to listen and brought home covid. Over it but no smell or taste still

I hid in the basement and never got a thing (that I know of) . Had to reschedule 2 weeks worth of jobs (self employed)

Covid has made our property values skyrocket (2 hours north of NYC) and have incredibly busy with work

Got 18 " snow this week....lost 3 days .....hope the Sunday storm doesn't develop
Yikes! Glad you have recovered.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

glad you are ok and they are on the mend.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I had to Google with the 'February blahs' was! Now I get it. When I lived in England the blahs month was January. Post Christmas/New Year people basically disappeared inside for the next month, huddled on the couch, binged TV shows, and didn't re-emerge until Feb when the days were just starting to become longer and more hopeful. I think it was Jan there rather than Feb because it snows much less in the UK than in New England and Canada and it isn't quite so bitterly cold, so the time for 'hibernating' and feeling a bit moody was more attached to the darkness and deflation immediately post the festive season, and Feb, while still cold, brought the first glimmers of moving on from winter and probably getting to grips with the new year.

Tough to get excited about more daylight when you can't see out your windows. This was my view back in Feb. 2015, aka The Year of Snowmageddon:

Screenshot_20210203-200539_Facebook.jpg

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills

That's miserable. Must be a relief to start feeling better. We got about 24'' over here in the north-east of the Catskills.
I just noticed you're in Radon Mitigation. We could have been your customers, lol. We had a system to be installed a few months ago by a guy working out of Newburgh. Within our first year of moving to this part of New York had it all, arsenic in the well water, radon in the air, raccoon in the attic. But we moved up here before the pandemic, so I appreciate what you're saying about property values!

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
My mom passed away last November. The cancer finally won. I have found it tough especially coupled with the weight of these lockdowns. My dad is lonely. We are being there for him as best we can. 50 years they were together. Hard to fathom the sense of loss he must feel.

I think we all accept, to some degree, that we will loose our parents at some stage in our lives and while it might not ease the pain when it does happen, the knowledge that it is nature taking its course acts as some sort of comfort, at least it has for me anyway. Loosing your partner of 50 years however, I don't know, I doubt it is something he dared think about even when it was becoming very clear in the final weeks. I try to imagine what it must be like in a futile effort to try and better assertane what he might need but it hurts too much to even imagine. I know my pain pales in comparison to his.

It is the first time I have lost someone close. It has altered my perception on life. If every cloud does in fact have a silver lining then the silver lining to my cloud is that I have found myself to be a lot more empathetic and understanding of other people since. I hope these new traits stick. Mom would have wanted them to.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My mom passed away last November. The cancer finally won. I have found it tough especially coupled with the weight of these lockdowns. My dad is lonely. We are being there for him as best we can. 50 years they were together. Hard to fathom the sense of loss he must feel.

I think we all accept, to some degree, that we will loose our parents at some stage in our lives and while it might not ease the pain when it does happen, the knowledge that it is nature taking its course acts as some sort of comfort, at least it has for me anyway. Loosing your partner of 50 years however, I don't know, I doubt it is something he dared think about even when it was becoming very clear in the final weeks. I try to imagine what it must be like in a futile effort to try and better assertane what he might need but it hurts too much to even imagine. I know my pain pales in comparison to his.

It is the first time I have lost someone close. It has altered my perception on life. If every cloud does in fact have a silver lining then the silver lining to my cloud is that I have found myself to be a lot more empathetic and understanding of other people since. I hope these new traits stick. Mom would have wanted them to.
Sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad