OT: 2021 Football Thread: Mock Draft SZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Giants acquiring some Daniel Jones insurance?

He does his thing this year? They can add a ton of talent. He busts? They have the ammo to go get a QB.

Reactions: RGY

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Giants acquiring some Daniel Jones insurance?

He does his thing this year? They can add a ton of talent. He busts? They have the ammo to go get a QB.

Just think the draft was setup for this.

Giants addressed the major need in FA, and had free reign of best available and played off other teams.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
As someone who doesn't know shit about football, are the Jets on the right track, or is this more of the same hope for the best but you know its not going anywhere?

You never know on draft day. The only thing to be wary of is going completely off the grid. Last year, everyone was convinced that Douglas didn't know a thing because he traded back instead of taking Mims. Then...he got Mims with the pick they got by trading back. Everyone has a handful of favorites on draft day. "Luckily," for the Jets, they have so many holes in their roster that they could pick just about anybody's favorite prospect, and he'd be a good fit, haha.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
While it would have been a waste of resources, it would have been absolutely hilarious if the Jets took Mac Jones with their second 1st rounder just to keep him from going to NE.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Wow good pick and need for giants. And they are stacked with picks next year

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Fine with Moore, but I probably would’ve taken Dickerson. That guy is a beast and has a ton of attitude. Dickerson or trade back.

Moore should be good though. Darnold must be shaking his head.

Reactions: bernmeister

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Gettleman is having a fantastic draft. They got their guy here in the 2nd round and still added a 3rd round pick. They got better value moving back in the 2nd round than the Cowboys did trading with their rival in the 1st.

Love Ojulari. Great pick. And love stacking picks next year.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Have to eat some crow, really like what Gettleman is doing so far
I have to eat crow as well. Gettleman has done well these past 2 free agency’s and has drafted well the last 2 years. Mckinney is going to be a steal for us this year. He has cut a lot of the deadweight from the previous GM. Has started to turnover the OL. Defense is top 10, maybe even top 5 this year.

I go OL next pick, RB after that. I would like to sign Olivier Vernon on the cheap too.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
You never know on draft day. The only thing to be wary of is going completely off the grid. Last year, everyone was convinced that Douglas didn't know a thing because he traded back instead of taking Mims. Then...he got Mims with the pick they got by trading back. Everyone has a handful of favorites on draft day. "Luckily," for the Jets, they have so many holes in their roster that they could pick just about anybody's favorite prospect, and he'd be a good fit, haha.
Hard to tell because 2 WRs were taken in the interim. Easy for Douglas to say he wanted Mims all along.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I have to eat crow as well. Gettleman has done well these past 2 free agency’s and has drafted well the last 2 years. Mckinney is going to be a steal for us this year. He has cut a lot of the deadweight from the previous GM. Has started to turnover the OL. Defense is top 10, maybe even top 5 this year.

I go OL next pick, RB after that. I would like to sign Olivier Vernon on the cheap too.

Losing Baker before he even took the field for us was a pretty big L

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Losing Baker before he even took the field for us was a pretty big L
It definitely was but he has recovered quite a bit.

He brought in Bradberry. But then in response to everything happen with Baker, they bring in Logan Ryan. Logan Ryan has been an ambassador and recruiter for this team. They bring in Adoree Jackson who is better (obviously) than Baker and a former 1st rounder with Ryan playing a part there. The secondary is lights out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad