OT: 2021 Football Thread: Mock Draft SZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I mean, he's really good value, there. But yeah, he wasn't on my radar. Dude is physical AF, though.
Yeahp BPA for sure, was just posting that as you quoted my original.

Giants secondary shakes out as what now?:

Safeties:
Peppers
Ryan (can move around to the CB spots)
Mckinney
Love

Outside DBs:
Bradberry
Jackson

Slot DBs:
Robinson
Holmes

Yiadom probably cut for cap purposes... but that is wow

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Love each pick the Jets have made. Wilson is a given. You see the arm potential, the athleticism, and style of a modern QB. He makes these throws in the pros and we're looking at something special.

Vera-Tucker was almost a must for this team. Free agency landed them not much except depth. They needed a starting LG and Vera-Tucker is that. The left side of the line is resolved.

Moore is something the Jets haven't had in forever. He has legit wheels and great in the slot. I think they see some Tyrrell Hill type potential. As fans we have complained the last two years that Darnold had nobody to throw to. Now, there are two new receivers that elevate the talent level of the group.

RB, CB, LB, and Edge are their remaining needs. Would like to see a TE drafted. I do think if there isn't a corner they like, Sherman will be a Jet to fill a spot.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I tell ya Joe Douglas makes it a bit easier to sleep at night under his watch. I've been singing his praises since the moment he got hired as the Jets went from a clown show operation to a competent football organization.

Now it may not have resonated on the field as there was alot that Joe D had to clean up from the other regime...ie...Gase in particular. But now, and yes he's not perfect as he's made a couple of head scratchers in both FA and last year in the draft but not many.

But man oh man, it sure the hell is nice to know we finally have a GM who knows what the F he is doing, is respected around the league and gives us, the fans the confidence in knowing, that when it comes to running a football team, we absolutely have the right man for the job. I've said this a bunch and I'll say it again. Jets haven't had as competent an executive since Parcells left town 25 years ago.

The draft so far for the Jets couldn't have gone better IMO. The Wilson pick we all knew was happening after the SF/Miami deal went down. The AVT pick was very "Douglas like" and pretty much knock on wood, solidifies the left side of the line for the next decade injuries withstanding. I'm more than OK giving up the two 3rd round picks....we had to have AVT...simple as that.

And the Moore pick.....I love it. I've been pretty much the only one in here who was crowing from the rooftops that I wanted us to take Etienne if he was available even tho he wasn't a "priority need" cause I felt we needed and the offense needed someone explosive that would keep DC's up at night trying to figure out how to contain him. It would also be a huge boost to Wilson and give him even more weaponry.

And most in here said that I should chill and we should take a CB or an OL or even an Edge at our 34 pick. Well my friends, we got our "Etienne" in Moore as instead lining up behind Wilson, he'll be in the slot. He's going to be perfect for this offense. He's going to be like Percy Harvin was when he first came into the league...just an explosive versatile player....can't wait to see what he's going to do here.

So yeah getting Moore wasn't a "priority" but it was badly needed. I trust Joe D will be bringing in some CB,OT and Edge help today and that's the point...I trust Douglas which is something I couldn't say for any other GM since as I said....Parcells. Actually not so bad to be a Jet fan today...lol

PS: The Giants draft thus far on paper looks stellar. Gettleman surprising alot of his critics not just in here but in the media as well....good for him!

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Love each pick the Jets have made. Wilson is a given. You see the arm potential, the athleticism, and style of a modern QB. He makes these throws in the pros and we're looking at something special.

Vera-Tucker was almost a must for this team. Free agency landed them not much except depth. They needed a starting LG and Vera-Tucker is that. The left side of the line is resolved.

Moore is something the Jets haven't had in forever. He has legit wheels and great in the slot. I think they see some Tyrrell Hill type potential. As fans we have complained the last two years that Darnold had nobody to throw to. Now, there are two new receivers that elevate the talent level of the group.

RB, CB, LB, and Edge are their remaining needs. Would like to see a TE drafted. I do think if there isn't a corner they like, Sherman will be a Jet to fill a spot.

that’s a really solid draft IMO.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
As A Bills fan, Im impressed by the Jets draft so far. The jury is still out on Wilson for me, but I certainly understand the pick. I do agree though that unless you guys shore up your secondary Allen to Diggs is gonna continue to be a nightmare.....

the AFC East is a beast

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Jabril Cox is great value. A couple of the CBs are interesting, too. I'm sure they pick a RB soon though I think they can find a one-cut, pass-catching back to pair with what they have during roster cut-downs.

I do think this should be the CB pick.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Fine with Moore, but I probably would’ve taken Dickerson. That guy is a beast and has a ton of attitude. Dickerson or trade back.

Moore should be good though. Darnold must be shaking his head.

I am optimistic about Moore.
The only real negative is this kid is 5'9". That can't possibly be good.
However, if he is on the field not just 2 receivers but multiple 3-4 rec overload, I could see him getting away with it.
Can also be our star punt/ko return, tho I would have preferred not to spend a 2nd on that position.
He's not gonna be Ed 'The Flea' Bell and get crushed, he is tough.
My pt is the classic sports adage, good big man usually beats good little man.

-------
For this reason, I too would have taken Dickerson.
ALV is not enough.
Entering we ONLY had Becton.

even if we had to add, if we could have walked away w/
Becton-ALV-Dickerson
as a contiguous block, that would have been worth it.

w/enough time pro level qbs esp can get the job done, even w/lesser weapons.

All slabs of beef are not = here.
primo OL upgrade is and remains [to slightly lesser extent] a priority
even if we have to trade and weaken other positions [to some extent] to do so.

Let's hope we get lucky w/later rounds.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Browns got the steal of the draft

Going to disagree, here. JOK is basically Jabrill Peppers with less athleticism.
As the resident Browns fan, I'm thrilled.

I understand hesitancy re: JOK in a traditional defense, but in the flexible, speed-oriented hybrid schemes the Browns want to run, he has the potential to be a true difference maker. Really plays to his strengths. (Also, IMO there's always real value to just going out and grabbing a guy who's a damn good football player.) And they got him in the second half of the second round!

Beyond all that, I have to say, even if I personally weren't as inclined to be in favor, if Berry and Stefanski are on board, them I'm on board. Can't tell you want a difference it is after the last 25 years to actually have faith and trust in the FO and coaching staff.

And they add him in addition to a legit starting corner in Newsome and the fastest guy in the draft in Schwartz (thus addressing the offense's only significant weakness, which was the lack of a guy who can stretch the field)...? This draft is already a success for the Browns regardless of what they do on day 3.

(Though I'm really looking forward to what they do with their two picks in the top 8 of the 4th. Hoping for at least one pick to add depth to the D Line.)

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
As the resident Browns fan, I'm thrilled.

I understand hesitancy re: JOK in a traditional defense, but in the flexible, speed-oriented hybrid schemes the Browns want to run, he has the potential to be a true difference maker. Really plays to his strengths. (Also, there's always real value to just going out and grabbing a guy who's a damn good football player.) And they got him in the second half of the second round!

And I have to say, even if I personally weren't as inclined to be in favor, if Berry and Stefanski are on board, them I'm on board. Can't tell you want a difference it is after the last 25 years to actually have faith and trust in the FO and coaching staff.

And they add him in addition to a legit starting corner in Newsome and the fastest guy in the draft in Schwartz (thus addressing the offense's one biggest weakness, which was the lack of a guy who can stretch the field)...? This draft is already a success for the Browns regardless of what they do on day 3.

(Though I'm really looking forward to what they do with their two picks in the top 8 of the 4th. Hoping for at least one pick to add depth to the D Line.)

You should be thrilled. Both at the player value of that pick, and the general direction of your franchise.

JOK was perfect for a Saleh defense.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I’m gonna try to say this without being a dick and I’m not talking about anyone in particular - but you can tell who never watched SF or LaFleurs brother at GB by their commenting on these draft picks. Specifically about how we are gonna use more short fast guys!!

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
What veteran qbs are available at the moment? Flacco types

Could probably get Nick Foles from Chicago for close to nothing.

Love the Michael Carter pick. Chris Simms had him ranked as his #2 RB in this draft, only behind Etienne. Fantastic value in the 4th round. He has fresh legs too since he split the workload at UNC with Javonte Williams who went 35th overall to Denver.

Corey Davis and Denzel Mims on the outside, Jamison Crowder and Elijah Moore working in the slot, and Michael Carter in the backfield? Zach Wilson has a lot of shiny new toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad