OT: 2021 Football Thread: Mock Draft SZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Can’t stand Gettleman yet he gave me a reason not to SMH for once. I too was hoping for Bateman and saw Moore still on the boards. With Golladay i’m thinking they wanted more of a slot guy.

Thrilled with getting Chicago’s #1 pick. Based on last seasons rosters the Bears strength of schedule is apparently the 3rd toughest in the league. They might have a rough go. Two #1’s is likely enough to move up for a QB if Jones doesn’t work out or if the Giants are really lucky, Jones plays well and that Bears pick is in position to sell it off for a fortune. Regardless, the Giants fans can scoreboard watch all season.

2nd pick yeah, edge or i’m thinking OL although DT Barmore is currently still there.
Keep in mind that Rodgers is probably not playing for the packers this season.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
all good if we don't stay OL
AVT is a good first step but we need 3 more guys to add to him and Bechton and I'd prefer picking as high as possible to max our odds of getting keepers.

I concede you can get lucky and add quality surprises in later rounds, but at this pt, we need close as possible to automatic.
Experience of Darnold and predecessors teaches us days of Fran Tarkenton just barely avoiding grip of rushers is decades old. All players are bigger, stronger, faster. Quality of OL must be fully up to task or Zack's gonna get run over too.

I tend to agree, I just worry about an OL being bad value for the 2nd pick in round 2. I really want to find a way to get Creed Humphries. They like McGovern, so the kid could be depth in his rookie year. He doesn't have Dickerson's knee issues, and I love the fact that he is a former wrestler. Wrestlers make great linemen. Plus, with Becton/AVT/Humphries in the fold, Douglas could look to upgrade the right side of the line in next year's draft. If we could come out of day 2 with Humphries and either a WR or a CB, I'd be very happy.

Reactions: bernmeister

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
idk who's left but I reallly want a WR or a stud TE at 34. Not comfortable going into the season with Mims, David, Crowder, and ...Herndon? as weapons.

I'm just not sure that WR or TE is good value at 34 depending on who is left. We do have Cole and Berrios as added WR depth, so I'd almost rather pick for value here and get a center for the future or a CB, and hope that the receivers stay healthy this year (then pick up a high upside/high risk WR in round 4 and look to bolster that group more next year).

I'm also curious about whether the team will spend a Day 3 pick on a PK like Borregales or McPherson. They've needed a long-term solution at kicker for years now.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Not related to the draft per se but one thing that the Jets need to do , though, which I believe is a mistake they've made twice in a row (Sanchez, Darnold) they need to sign or trade for a veteran QB to start the season. Wilson should not start week one under any circumstances. Let the vet play while the team works the kinks out esp regarding the offensive line, then after a few weeks once things are settled and we know where the team is at, bring in Wilson.

Reactions: smoneil

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Not related to the draft per se but one thing that the Jets need to do , though, which I believe is a mistake they've made twice in a row (Sanchez, Darnold) they need to sign or trade for a veteran QB to start the season. Wilson should not start week one under any circumstances. Let the vet play while the team works the kinks out esp regarding the offensive line, then after a few weeks once things are settled and we know where the team is at, bring in Wilson.

Agreed. Last time they did that (Pennington behind Vinny Interceptiverde) happened to be the last time we had a pretty decent drafted QB.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
idk who's left but I reallly want a WR or a stud TE at 34. Not comfortable going into the season with Mims, David, Crowder, and ...Herndon? as weapons.

While I agree with the philosophy, the value at 34 right now with some of these players is just too great to pass on.

There are several options that most mocks the Jets couldn't even get at 23.

Why I think Douglas holds alot of cards tonight.

Best available player or a trade down, he really can't go wrong.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't see a WR that I think is a good value. I like Moore but I'm not sure a slot WR is a need.

Looking at how it unfolded, I would almost have gone Wilson, Newsome, then Tevin Jenkins (meaning no trade). I think that gives comparable value to Wilson, AVT, and whoever they take tonight while keeping the thirds to take some fliers on a RB and OL.

That's just me though. I know it's not popular around here.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Well they got a playmaker.

I hope they can find a way to address the CB situation before the season because otherwise, even with a good front seven, they'll get torched.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Sherman should be the move, promise him if they stink by the deadline they will trade him.

Also tells me that they must be really high on Bryce Hall. I would have traded back, picked Creed Humphries for the OL, and the used (presumably) the 3rd rounder that came back to pick a CB or a WR.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
We shit on them for not supporting Darnold. Can’t complain now. Stfu kiper
Kiper is a f***ing clown. He had the Jets in his questionable pick list earlier. It's all because he liked Fields over Wilson. He uses the "Are you sure you're getting better?" logic to knock the process of the pick, but we all know if they picked his guy Fields it's an A+, home run pick. He's a caricature of an analyst at this point.

Reactions: Draft Guru

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I'm not against Moore the player.

But I liked a few players ahead of him and this screamed of a trade down.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

No question he's an electric player. And he should be a nice addition. Was he the best value/need combo on the board? Doesn't seem like it to me.

That's okay, though. We're not winning the Super Bowl this year and we can't fill all the holes in one season.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
No question he's an electric player. And he should be a nice addition. Was he the best value/need combo on the board? Doesn't seem like it to me.

That's okay, though. We're not winning the Super Bowl this year and we can't fill all the holes in one season.

We prolly get Moore if we made the deal with Denver, and add

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
Well they got a playmaker.

I hope they can find a way to address the CB situation before the season because otherwise, even with a good front seven, they'll get torched.

As A Bills fan, Im impressed by the Jets draft so far. The jury is still out on Wilson for me, but I certainly understand the pick. I do agree though that unless you guys shore up your secondary Allen to Diggs is gonna continue to be a nightmare.....

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

For sure, this was never going to be a 1 draft and they are great. 4 picks in the first two rounds next year, I’m just excited that we might not have to get excited this year when we have a 16 play fg drive.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

theres no question his value is there. He probably truly is BPA. I would say he was consensus top 20-25 overall. But I understand questioning whether a WR is the play here.

the ND LB or Samuel probably would have been wise for need.

But I’m honestly psyched to see what Moore can do in a Curtis Samuel style role in this offense

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
theres no question his value is there. He probably truly is BPA. I would say he was consensus top 20-25 overall. But I understand questioning whether a WR is the play here.

the ND LB or Samuel probably would have been wise for need.

But I’m honestly psyched to see what Moore can do in a Curtis Samuel style role in this offense

I'm fine with Moore.

The ND Linebacker is a stud though.

And the further he falls, I'm tempted to get back in here.

Same with Ojulari

Reactions: East Coast Bias
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad