OT: 2021 Football Thread: Mock Draft SZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Jets draft Michael Carter, subsequently draft Michael Carter II. Solid.
sddefault.jpg

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Anyone know anything about why Trey Smith (Guard out of Tennessee) is falling? I see on Twitter that he's right pissed about it, and if he doesn't have injury/personality red flags, that could be a real steal of a pick here.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I feel like I'm generally "meh" on the whole Jets draft but that I'm probably being harsh. I like the individual players, I just would have taken a different tack.

Regardless, I give Douglas a lot of credit as it's clear they had a plan--build out the offense, then build depth at DB and LB--and they stuck to it.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Anyone know anything about why Trey Smith (Guard out of Tennessee) is falling? I see on Twitter that he's right pissed about it, and if he doesn't have injury/personality red flags, that could be a real steal of a pick here.

Apparently has issues with clots in his lungs and teams weren't able to get proper medical reports on him.

Chiefs just drafted him though at the end of the 6th round.

Reactions: smoneil

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Apparently has issues with clots in his lungs and teams weren't able to get proper medical reports on him.

Chiefs just drafted him though at the end of the 6th round.

Damn Chiefs. They keep taking the O-linemen I want for the Jets (I'm 100% convinced that Creed Humphrey is going to be a pro-bowl center within the next few years. Not this coming season, but definitely before the end of his rookie contract).

Reactions: bernmeister

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
keep in mind, they are the Bears and the Packers did draft Rodgers replacement. Not too worried about the Bears being awesome
Packets will be awful without Rodgers. Lions will continue to be awful with Jared Goff.

Current conference odds:
Packers +855
Bears +1700
Vikings +2450
Lions +16000

If Rodgers doesn't return to the packers the bears will be favorites to win the North. I'll trust the odds makers over internet talking heads any day.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Packets will be awful without Rodgers. Lions will continue to be awful with Jared Goff.

Current conference odds:
Packers +855
Bears +1700
Vikings +2450
Lions +16000

If Rodgers doesn't return to the packers the bears will be favorites to win the North. I'll trust the odds makers over internet talking heads any day.
Trust the odds makers. I certainly dont trust the Bears to do anything significant next year with the 3rd toughest schedule.

In fact I’d probably throw a little money on the Vikings at those odds and hope Cousins has a monster year. That division is a crapshoot if Rodgers is traded.

Reactions: Barnaby

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Trust the odds makers. I certainly dont trust the Bears to do anything significant next year with the 3rd toughest schedule.

In fact I’d probably throw a little money on the Vikings at those odds and hope Cousins has a monster year. That division is a crapshoot if Rodgers is traded.
I don't really buy into the rankings of schedule toughness especially when teams in the sane division have essentially the sane schedule.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

Current conference odds:
Packers +855
Bears +1700
Vikings +2450
Lions +16000

i won’t trust a Jets fan who puts this much effort into where the Giants #1 will land. We all know some in the fan base have genetic hicup.

Carnival Barker

Oct 6, 2005
New York
Draft a young QB (round 1)
Surround the young QB with as much talent as you can (rounds 1-4)
Build a defense by taking flyers on players with elite speed and athleticism and see who sticks (rest of draft)

Feels weird that the Jets finally have a leadership group that knows the blueprint for winning in today's NFL.

Reactions: Barnaby

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Could probably get Nick Foles from Chicago for close to nothing.

Love the Michael Carter pick. Chris Simms had him ranked as his #2 RB in this draft, only behind Etienne. Fantastic value in the 4th round. He has fresh legs too since he split the workload at UNC with Javonte Williams who went 35th overall to Denver.

Corey Davis and Denzel Mims on the outside, Jamison Crowder and Elijah Moore working in the slot, and Michael Carter in the backfield? Zach Wilson has a lot of shiny new toys.

I liked Alex Smith before he retired... Foles is probably the best bet right now. Late round pick or wait for him to get cut... doubt Chicago carries Dalton, Foles, and Fields

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Foles is probably ideal...

Next best bet for the Jets might be Mullens who was non-tendered in SF if LaFleur thinks he has a good grasp of the system and can understand the situation (backup or maybe short term placeholder). Blaine Gabbert is another option. I know he played for SF but I can't remember if he ever played under Shanahan - probably not a must, but just an additional asset to have another guy around who gets it. He's also 31 while Mullens is 26. Gabbert probably realized he's a backup... unknown if Mullens would have issues playing second fiddle at 26.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
To me Im cool with Morgan as Jets backup. Dont care if he sucks either. The team is set to lose still. 8-8 is optimistic (Though POs would not shock me at all)

The division is just brutal and you have to expect growing pains with a ton of new ploayers from FA and the draft the last two seasons. Plus new coaches

So if QB1 goes down on a team like this it's not big deal to me if there's this solid vet or untested backup there to step in bc we'll prob still just lose similar to last year with flacco.

Now a QB mentor like Josh M. is great but idk that any of the obvious backup QBs out there could really serve that function. Damn sure not Gabbert. I just have a feeling they'll at least reach out to Alex Smith in some capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->