2021 Draft - 4th Pick: Matvei Petrov (F)

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
Yeah I know he is doing better, but I want to see a much larger sample size than 10 GP.

But you didnt need a larger sample size before you started calling him a bust lol.

Trade future draft picks. Why would you trade prospects who are showing good nhle post draft. That is rare for oiler prospects as most of us should know.

Bourgalt, Broberg, Holloway, Savoie and Petrov are all showing good and shouldnt be traded to get rid of a cap dump. It doesnt make any sense, good teams dont make moves like that.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
But you didnt need a larger sample size before you started calling him a bust lol.

Trade future draft picks. Why would you trade prospects who are showing good nhle post draft. That is rare for oiler prospects as most of us should know.

Bourgalt, Broberg, Holloway, Savoie and Petrov are all showing good and shouldnt be traded to get rid of a cap dump. It doesnt make any sense, good teams dont make moves like that.

Yeah I did. He has 53 GP in the AHL. His last 10 GP he has 9 points (0.9 PPG), and in his first 43 GP he has 19 points (0.44 PPG). So I'm actually using a sample size that is 4x larger.

Also, I'm not calling him a bust, he is a 2nd round pick, having some struggles in the AHL, this is to be expected. What I'm saying is that he isn't a prospect to get super hyped up about, as he isn't doing all that much in the AHL yet.

I would agree that Bourgalt, Broberg, Holloway, Savoie and Petrov are all showing well though. Broberg and Holloway successes should be treated differently than Bourg, Savoie and Petrov successes though. Having success in the AHL is a LOT different than having it in the CHL/NCAA. As an example, Lavoie in his draft+1 had 82 points in 55 GP (1.49 PPG) and Bourgault currently has 43 P in 25 GP in his draft+1 (1.72), both in the same league and only a few years removed from one another. Yes, Bourgault is having the better year, but he isn't light years ahead of where Lavoie was at the same age, and Lavoie isn't blowing the doors off the AHL right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: nally and Aerchon

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He has a knack for scoring goals in big moments in games.

The Battalions record tanked when he was out of the lineup.
He does. But he wasn't out for long. They were struggling when Kyle Jackson went down. They lost their center depth for a big chunk of the season and the team struggled because of it.

It got a lot of the rookies off the schneid though. Should be interesting to follow them heading into the playoffs.

Reactions: oilers'72

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Seem to be scoring from the same spot and on PP..

Hopefully rest of his game is rounding off as well.

Reactions: oilers'72

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Another clutch snipe late in the game

This was an exceptional game. Two powerhouse team head to head. Petrov was playing on the Troops' third line for the majority of the game.

Luca del bel Belluz is a solid prospect. But Ty Nelson really stood out as a prime 1st round prospect to me. Just a very confident defender. Really looking like a guy who's not just leaning back on offensive production. A vocal leader on the back end despite the fact he's a rookie.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I don't agree with their leaders policies, but I have no issue with the people of Russia and IMO we shouldn't lump them in with their leaders.
I don't know if I wouldn't give all the people in the Russia a free pass in this. Sure, there are lots who disagree and are paying for it right now. But hard to say how many have been brainwashed and are all for the activities happening now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad