Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumours and FA Part II: Should we trade Girard or not ? Part 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What would we think of trading Byram for Petterson?

Hmmmmmm...I really like Petey but I'd be a little reluctant right now.

But also, Benning is an idiot but I'm not sure he'd be dumb enough to get rid of (though he is not showing it right now) his best player to add to his blueline. They don't really need another defenseman right now. Certainly not unless they find a way to get rid of the Chaos Giraffe first.

But I'd definitely take Pettersson over Horvat, and this isn't because of the hit on Byram. I think Horvat is a tad overrated as a player.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah I’d do Byram for EP. That’s the type of player it would take for me to move him. Give the Avs an elite 1-2 punch at C while still having elite depth at LD.

BillyCostigan

Nov 9, 2021
I don't think Byram would either.
Not so sure the Canucks would say no to a top 4 with Hughes and Byram, 2 potential solid PP units.. specially taking into account that Vancouvers defense is trash right now

Plus Pettersen looks and plays like he wants out of Vancouver.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
He's not "off the trading block" Because of a couple good games.

One could probably argue he wasn't on the trading block to begin with.

But especially now with Byram dealing with a concussion once again there's absolutely no way he's traded. That is the reason, not because Girard all of a sudden started playing well. We all knew it was only a matter of time before he broke out of his slump.

Quite frankly I think we need to remember here that G is also still only 23 years old. I wouldn't even rule out him taking yet another step forward in his game.

How has he faired in the last 3 playoffs?

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Let's not forget that G was forced to play the right side as well. Sakic should have tried for a RHD rental instead of that POS Nemeth.

The only time I remember G looking good on the right side was with Zads. It's a great utility in an emergency situation, but entering the playoffs with him as the 2nd line RD was a big mistake.

So where does he play when Byram is back. Do we have him play on the bottom pair?

Toews - Makar
Byram - EJ
Girard - JJ / Murray

That seems like a waste of assets.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Things are really bad and only getting worse in Vancouver but I don't think EP is going anywhere......yet. Something seems off about that relationship so maybe in a few years but not right now.

Anyways, J.T. Miller.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
So where does he play when Byram is back. Do we have him play on the bottom pair?

Toews - Makar
Byram - EJ
Girard - JJ / Murray

That seems like a waste of assets.
I like the idea of having 1 competent D man on every pairing. I know balance is key, but there's no rush before Bo's ELC is over. Especially with his injury concerns now.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If we are trading Girard (and I'm not convinced that's a good idea yet) it would have to be for a very good top six center in his prime, signed for at least a couple years. There's no way you trade your best value contract on defense for anything less than that, that would be dismal asset management. All these proposals for wingers and prospects... What are people thinking?

Reactions: Reparlana

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This conversation about trading Byram for Petterson, is an example of why it would be great if Mikko worked out at center.

If he works, he'll be just as good, and probably better than Petterson as 2C. Then they can bring in a good winger that won't cost Byram.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If the Avs wanted to play Mikko at Centre, he would’ve been there by now. They only do it when they absolutely have to.

I think the Avs actually like Nazem Kadri, unlike a lot of people on HF Avs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If the Avs wanted to play Mikko at Centre, he would’ve been there by now. They only do it when they absolutely have to.

Conversely, they haven't needed to play Mikko at center because they haven't been missing two centers like MacKinnon and Compher for an extended period of time before.

The fact that they've chosen to play him there now, instead of making a small trade, or bumping up Newhook or Jost, shows they're not really completely opposed to the idea.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012

Yeah, I think they do feel that way about Kadri. They definitely view him as an asset especially while the first line has been down.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Conversely, they haven't needed to play Mikko at center because they haven't been missing two centers like MacKinnon and Compher for an extended period of time before.

The fact that they've chosen to play him there now, instead of making a small trade, or bumping up Newhook or Jost, shows they're not really completely opposed to the idea.

Who are the other centres on the roster? Megna? There’s nobody left.

Bednar loves loading up his top line. He believes in that philosophy. I just don’t see them moving Rantanen from the wing long term.

Reactions: Roy33

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Who are the other centres on the roster? Megna? There’s nobody left.

Bednar loves loading up his top line. He believes in that philosophy. I just don’t see them moving Rantanen from the wing long term.

Yeah, agreed about JB’s philosophy.

So Rantanen, Newhook, Jost, Helm, Maltsev and Megna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad