Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumours and FA Part II: Should we trade Girard or not ? Part 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
FWIW I heard on Habs French radio broadcast that the Avs have been really active with their pro (NHL) scouting recently.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The packages people are proposing for Miller aren't close - Compher + 1st + Kaut is closer to the price of a pending UFA Miller than Miller with 1 1/2 yrs left on his contract. At this point, Kaut isn't very valuable, he's maybe worth a 3rd. This is the last year he's waiver exempt, which lowers his value by quite a bit.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
So the TB board countered with:

TB:
Girard
Newhook
Barron

Col:
Cirelli
Sergachev

That might be a bit rich for me, but thought I’d see what the rest of you thought?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Not sure why anyone thinks Girard is off the trade block because he played some good games. Avs aren’t trading him because he’s bad, he should be traded because he’s a valuable piece with good value from a position of strength to address a position of weakness.

It’s a waste to play EJ on the 3rd pairing and healthy scratch Murray while having AHLers up front. Get a legit top 6 forward and it pushes everyone down to their right spot.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Not sure why anyone thinks Girard is off the trade block because he played some good games. Avs aren’t trading him because he’s bad, he should be traded because he’s a valuable piece with good value from a position of strength to address a position of weakness.

It’s a waste to play EJ on the 3rd pairing and healthy scratch Murray while having AHLers up front. Get a legit top 6 forward and it pushes everyone down to their right spot.

Byram is injured so it would cause a problem right now, on top of the fact that Murray and JJ are both gone next season. That Top 4 on defense is locked up for awhile and it's an elite unit if Byram is healthy.

The only logical reason to trade G is because of poor playoff performance. But I suspect Girard will improve.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
LW- Anthony Beauvillier
RW- Oliver Wahlstrom

For

D- Sam Girard
C- Tyson Jost

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Beauvillier- Kadri- Burakovsky
Nichushkin- Newhook- Wahlstrom
Helm- Compher- O'Connor

Toews - Makar
Byram - EJ
Murray - JJ

That's a Stanley Cup caliber roster

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

Has any legitimate source actually said Girard is on the trade block? I know Mike Chambers said he was, but he’s less knowledgeable than a casual fan.

teoberto

Mar 13, 2021
LW- Anthony Beauvillier
RW- Oliver Wahlstrom

For

D- Sam Girard
C- Tyson Jost

Helm- Compher- O'Connor

Toews - Makar
Byram - EJ
Murray - JJ

Add Sorokin from NYI and Frankie from us and you got my interest

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The packages people are proposing for Miller aren't close - Compher + 1st + Kaut is closer to the price of a pending UFA Miller than Miller with 1 1/2 yrs left on his contract. At this point, Kaut isn't very valuable, he's maybe worth a 3rd. This is the last year he's waiver exempt, which lowers his value by quite a bit.
Kaut is waiver exempt until 2023.

Reactions: PAZ

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
LW- Anthony Beauvillier
RW- Oliver Wahlstrom

For

D- Sam Girard
C- Tyson Jost

Helm- Compher- O'Connor

Toews - Makar
Byram - EJ
Murray - JJ

Ideally there's a center involved in the trade. Beauvillier + Pageau would be nice, but we'd have to send another contract their way, like Girard + Compher + something.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Beauvillier -- Kadri -- Burakovsky
Nichuskin --- Pageau -- Newhook
Helm --- Jost -- O'Connor

Toews - Makar
Byram -- EJ
Murray -- JJ

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

He's not "off the trading block" Because of a couple good games.

One could probably argue he wasn't on the trading block to begin with.

But especially now with Byram dealing with a concussion once again there's absolutely no way he's traded. That is the reason, not because Girard all of a sudden started playing well. We all knew it was only a matter of time before he broke out of his slump.

Quite frankly I think we need to remember here that G is also still only 23 years old. I wouldn't even rule out him taking yet another step forward in his game.

Reactions: shadow1

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
He's not "off the trading block" Because of a couple good games.

One could probably argue he wasn't on the trading block to begin with.

But especially now with Byram dealing with a concussion once again there's absolutely no way he's traded. That is the reason, not because Girard all of a sudden started playing well. We all knew it was only a matter of time before he broke out of his slump.

Quite frankly I think we need to remember here that G is also still only 23 years old. I wouldn't even rule out him taking yet another step forward in his game.
I just don't see it. His weaknesses will always be his shot and size. That's not really something you can improve on over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad