Prospect Info: 2021-2022 Prospect Info

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Given everything that is going on globally right now....

How quickly can we get Nikishin to North America?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Unless his contract is terminated, I don’t think he could come any sooner than 23-24.
I can't imagine there will be many foreign players in the KHL next year if the sanctions are still in place. If so, you might find it very hard to get any prospects out of the Russia for the foreseeable future due to the need to keep the league going.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Penn State has struggled in the juggernaut of the Big 10 this season. They are 6-17-1. They are 17-19-1 this season and still receiving top 25 votes. It is unlikely they make the NCAA tournament this season. Is Wall offered a deal? He had a pretty good weekend with 2 primary assists in Penn States surprising series win 2 games to 1, over ranked Ohio State this past weekend. He is 22 and hasnt scored as much against Big 10 competition as he did in non-conference games.

UMASS and Denver are likely to make the tournament as both are ranked in the top 16. Denver is 3rd. Out of those 2, only Rizzo is thought to be a potential contract offer. Mercuri and Morrow still have to work to do at UMASS.

Boston is hanging in balance and will probably need to do well in the conference tourney to get in. There are sitting at 16. An early conference tourney exit could mean other jumping them for the final spot. Does Fensmore get an offer or does he go back for another year? Webber is another possible offer, if we are looking to add low ceiling, stay at home type defender to the bunch. I doubt he gets much of a shot.

Reactions: zman77

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
We should probably add this guy to our prospect list already, right?

1647189780269.png

Who is Lane Hutson, the 2022 NHL Draft’s ‘unicorn’ 5-foot-8 defenseman?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I can't imagine there will be many foreign players in the KHL next year if the sanctions are still in place. If so, you might find it very hard to get any prospects out of the Russia for the foreseeable future due to the need to keep the league going.
Wil Putin even allow them to leave?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Wil Putin even allow them to leave?
Of course he will. He may trump up some charges on a couple as leverage (ie: Grimes), but to hold all of them hostage would be dumb. He's a psychopath, but he's not dumb. He'd probably lose all the standing he has with all the nations that are currently sitting on the fence as neutrals, even China. He can't afford that.

Reactions: DaveG

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Of course he will. He may trump up some charges on a couple as leverage (ie: Grimes), but to hold all of them hostage would be dumb. He's a psychopath, but he's not dumb. He'd probably lose all the standing he has with all the nations that are currently sitting on the fence as neutrals, even China. He can't afford that.
I think your right there but I meant will he let Russian hockey players leave to play in the NHL? Sorry I wasn't clear with my question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DaveG and MinJaBen

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I think your right there but I meant will he let Russian hockey players leave to play in the NHL? Sorry I wasn't clear with my question.
That is a better question. I still think the answer is yes, but I am less certain about that answer. It will be interesting to see what the NHL teams do at the next draft with regards to any Russian prospects that are not already in North America. I foresee some depressed values on some kids due to the uncertainty....unless the world has stepped away from the edge of the pit.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
That is a better question. I still think the answer is yes, but I am less certain about that answer. It will be interesting to see what the NHL teams do at the next draft with regards to any Russian prospects that are not already in North America. I foresee some depressed values on some kids due to the uncertainty....unless the world has stepped away from the edge of the pit.
Yes. I would certainly take a player over Miroscnichenko if I considered them to have relatively equal talent. If this conflict is still going on in July we won't be worrying about an NHL draft.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The Victory Day on May 9 is a massive holiday in Russia, and Vlad probably want to report a victory of any kind at that time, so it is a time table by which they probably want to broker out a peace of some sort.

Though I suspect such a peace would be instantly called something akin to Interim Peace like the one starting on 13.3.1940 after the Winter War because the tensions won't have gone anywhere. There may be any kinds of Drafts in the books for young men around the world.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Its hard to not be excited but its only 8 games in the AHL.

He would have to be amazing in camp to be more than early couple of games guy
Agreed. He's also only played a little over 60 games period in three seasons. It's very encouraging, but it'd be nice if he could just stay on one team (hopefully the Wolves) and start a ton of games next year.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Getting a bit nutty... 1.87GAA and .934 in first 8 AHL starts.

Like, you gotta give this kid a chance to steal the backup job at the NHL level next year, no?

We said the same about Drury this camp, but the contending-caliber roster means that Koch will likely get a full AHL season next year.

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
We said the same about Drury this camp, but the contending-caliber roster means that Koch will likely get a full AHL season next year.
nope. team has two high end experienced goalies under contract next year. Raanta's contract expires after next season. Unless Koch plays lights out for rest of year and in training camp, he is #1 goalie for Wolves. let Maki and Lafontaine battle for #2.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Is Massimo Rizzo our only prospect on any of the Frozen Four teams (Denver, Michigan, Minnesota, Minnesota State)? Since it's local here in Boston I'll be going next week and need to know who to look out for, haven't followed college hockey very closely lately.

Also, any other notable players I should watch? I know a few of the high (non-Canes) draft picks on Michigan of course (Power, Hughes, etc.) but otherwise I don't know much about these teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad