Prospect Info: 2021-2022 Prospect Info

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Summer tourneys are happening.

The World Junior Summer Showcase is happening in Michigan.

We have have recent draftees participating.

Finland
Aleksi Heimosalmi D (44th OA). He has 1 assist in 4 games, 3 SOG, 4 PIM an is -3. His minus three rating is from one game against USA Blue in a 7-6 win so its seems like one bad game.

Ville Koivunen F (51st OA). He has 1 goal in 4 games, 5 SOG. His goal was a game winning goal. 1 penalty and is +2.

Finland is 4-0. They have scored 18 goals and allowed 12.

USA White
Aiden Hreshuk D (94th OA). 0 points in 3 games. 6 SOG and -1. USA White is 1-2 with both losses to Finalnd. They have scored 8 and allowed 7

Sweden
Zion Nybeck F ('20 115th OA). He has 1 G and 1 assist in 4 games. 5 SOGs and -4.

Joel Nystrom D (219 OA) has 0 points in 4 games. 6 SOGs and -4.

Sweden is 0-4. Scored 7 and allowed 18. Dont put too much weight into -4 for either.

USA Blue

Scott Morrow D (40th OA). He is 2nd in points scored with 5, 1 G and 4 As. He has 6 SOG, 6 PIM and +1.

USA Blue is 2-1, scored 15 and allowed 11.

All teams have 2 more games, one Friday and one Saturday.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Promising showing from Morrow so far.
so I found some highlights on youtube.

go to 2:10. Morrow carries the puck threw the neutral zone, uses the defender as a screen, and shoots a nasty wrister past the goalie. The kid is smooth

3:50 USA is on the PP. Look where Morrow is when the goal is scored. Im not sure the Canes are going to let him do that.

1:55. Morrow carries the puck and makes a nice pass through the middle of the ice to find the winger who eventually stuffs it home

Last edited:

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Whenever he does something beneficial on the ice we can say "Good Morrow" and pretend we're high society.

images

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I guess USA players are switching teams.

Morrow played for USA White today vs Finland. He had an assist, 4 SOGs, and +2

USA won 5-4

Heimosalmi didn’t record a stat but was -1
Koivunen had 4 shots and was -1

USA Blue won 3-1

Hreschuk had zeros across the board

Nybeck had 2 SOGs and -1
Nystrom didn’t play

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Raaty with another nice one.

I’m rooting for this kid. Draft prognosticators have gotten pretty arrogant and obnoxious the last few years. Generally I’m fine with that kind of behavior but watching teams pat themselves on the back for not taking this kid really stood out. Some of our people doing it here bragging about the guy we took over him.

Be a stud kid.

Reactions: MinJaBen and DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Sweden was winless going into the last but no more. They whooped USA White 7-1.

Nybeck had 2 goals and an assist +4, 5 SOGs
Nystrom had a SOG and +4.

Hreshuk -2

Finland wrapped up their dominant performance of the tournament with a 4-1 win over USA Blue.

Morrow was -1.

Heimosalmi was +1
Koivunen had an assist and was +1

kter

Apr 23, 2021

Interesting snippet at the end , "For now, Bryce Montgomery is gearing up for the 2021-22 season with London in the OHL. He said he would attend a rookie camp and rookie tournament with the Canes in Tampa, Florida, in September."

This is the first I've heard about this, does anyone have any more info? I was under the impression that there was no rookie camp this year. I wonder who all was invited and if it's a tournament against other team's prospects

Last edited:
Reactions: WreckingCrew

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Interesting snippet at the end , "For now, Bryce Montgomery is gearing up for the 2021-22 season with London in the OHL. He said he would attend a rookie camp and rookie tournament with the Canes in Tampa, Florida, in September."

This is the first I've heard about this, does anyone have any more info? I was under the impression that there was no rookie camp this year. I wonder who all was invited and if it's a tournament against other team's prospects
It is much like Traverse City. We played in that tournament once when it was hosted in Nashville in 2019. Now its Tampa’s turn. Probably cheaper to have them travel once to Tampa, have camp there, and then do the tournament versus paying for everyone to travel into Raleigh and then into Tampa as well.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think it was Darren Yorke on the Canes Cast that made it sound like they will still be doing a summer version of the rookie camp, but perhaps it will be all virtual? I'd assume they hope to get that back to normal next year, but we'll see where the world is.

As for the Tampa tourney, it does make sense that they'd take as many of the guys that will already be in NA as possible and do what was supposed to be the regularly scheduled fall prospect tourney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad