Line Combos: 2021-2022 depth chart and lines projections

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
At the TDL Tierny is should be traded, Paul or White move to centre the 4th line, Formenton moves up to the 3rd line & Sokolov replaces Formenton at LW 4th line spot. I expect that if L. Brown is not traded before the season starts that he should be in the lineup or 13th forward. Should be interesting if they keep Paul beyond the TDL.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - L. Brown - Pinto
Paul - White - C. Brown
Formenton - Tierny - Watson/Sokolov

By the TDL I expect that at least two or all of Mete, Holden & J. Brown could be traded & replaced by Brannstrom, JBD & Thomson.

Chabot - Zaitsev
MDZ - Zub
Mete - Holden/J. Brown

I expect by the TDL that Gus will replace A. Forsberg.

Murray - Forsberg/Gustavsson

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Bruicie G's lineup
OTTAWA SENATORS

PROJECTED ROSTER
GOALTENDERS

Matt Murray
Anton Forsberg
Filip Gustavsson
DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Thomas Chabot- Nikita Zaitsev
Michael Del Zotto -Artem Zub
Victor Mete-Nick Holden
Erik Brannstrom-Josh Brown
FORWARD LINES
Brady Tkachuk-Josh Norris-Drake Batherson
Tim Stuetzle-Colin White-Connor Brown
Nick Paul-Shane Pinto-TBD
Alex Formenton -Chris Tierney-Austin Watson
Logan Brown-Ridly Greig

If they don't add anyone I would not mind seeing Formenton on a line with Paul and Pinto; and Parker Kelly going into the 4th line spot
Interesting to see Greig on that list. I suppose they could give him the 10-game treatment at the beginning of the season then send him back to juniors.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
At the TDL Tierny is traded, Paul or White move to centre the 4th line, Formenton moves up to the 3rd line & Sokolov replaces Formenton at LW 4th line spot. I expect that if L. Brown is not traded before the season starts that he should be in the lineup or 13th forward. Should be interesting if they keep Paul beyond the TDL.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - L. Brown - Pinto
Paul - White - C. Brown
Formenton - Tierny - Watson/Sokolov

By the TDL I expect that at least two or all of Mete, Holden & J. Brown could be traded & replaced by Brannstrom, JBD & Thomson.

Chabot - Zaitsev
MDZ - Zub
Mete - Holden/J. Brown

I expect by the TDL that Gus will replace A. Forsberg.

Murray - Forsberg/Gustavsson

Meets my hopes and expectations. I hope Paul is retained. If L. Brown does not work out, then we will have a hole at C.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Feels like with Dadonov gone we have a gapithole at RW and nobody to fill it, but L.Brown needs a look at center before we can move on and Pinto looks promising.

I figure we slide White over to RW if we want to give Logan and Pinto some games or if we pick up a top 6 center.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stützle-L.Brown/Pinto-C.Brown
Paul-L.Brown/Pinto-White
Formenton-Tierney-Watson

Maybe put Batherson White and C.Brown through a blender and figure which lines each has the best chemistry on, Paul, Logan and Bath had great chemistry in Belleville, an all American line of Tkachuk-Norris-White might work.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Tkachuk-Norris-White (puts White in a position to succeed in shifting over to the RW)
Stützle-Pinto-Batherson (Batherson makes this line a legit threat, although the line is risky with a sophomore, a rookie, and a sophomorish all in the same line)
Paul-L.Brown-C.Brown (Logan is familiar with Paul, who makes a dynamic duo with Connor Brown who can play 1RW or 2RW position on a dime for this roster)
Formenton-Tierney-Watson (I would much rather try Parker Kelly than Tierney, however the latter brings experience and NHL PK2 abilities)
Kelly

LW is a position of strength for the organization, without even considering the prospects.

Chabot-Zaitsev
Michael Del Zotto-Zub
Brannstrom-Holden
Mete, Brown

Murray
Forsberg

Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Tkachuk-Norris-White (puts White in a position to succeed in shifting over to the RW)
Stützle-Pinto-Batherson (Batherson makes this line a legit threat, although the line is risky with a sophomore, a rookie, and a sophomorish all in the same line)
Paul-L.Brown-C.Brown (Logan is familiar with Paul, who makes a dynamic duo with Connor Brown who can play 1RW or 2RW position in a dime for this rosterl)
Formenton-Tierney-Watson (I would much rather try Parker Kelly than Tierney, however the latter brings experience and NHL PK2 abilities)
Kelly

LW is a position of strength for the organization, without even considering the prospects.

Chabot-Zaitsev
Michael Del Zotto-Zub
Brannstrom-Holden
Mete, Brown

Murray
Forsberg

I like the lines, but the centre ice position apart from Tierney is very inexperienced. That’s my concern, and I think the team will add a centre before the season starts.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Paul-L.Brown-C.Brown (Logan is familiar with Paul, who makes a dynamic duo with Connor Brown who can play 1RW or 2RW position on a dime for this rosterl)
Kelly

Chabot-Zaitsev
Michael Del Zotto-Zub
Brannstrom-Holden
Mete, Brown

Murray
Forsberg

I like White on the RW a lot more than at center. I want to see what he can do and I've always thought he could be a good fit with Norris and Tkachuk.

I think the opening night lineup looks a lot like this but we'll have another center IMO.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I like the lines, but the centre ice position apart from Tierney is very inexperienced. That’s my concern, and I think the team will add a centre before the season starts.

I like White on the RW a lot more than at center. I want to see what he can do and I've always thought he could be a good fit with Norris and Tkachuk.

I think the opening night lineup looks a lot like this but we'll have another center IMO.

Whole heartedly agree, my line-up is based off of current depth chart. If Eichel is a pipe dream/too risky, then Giroux (likely not available) and Kadri are the types of skilled centres I would go for (but not break the bank over). Giroux is still a #1C in the NHL, while Kadri is easily a top-6 C in Ottawa and is an effective 2C/3C for a contender when he is not suspended. None of the other available names are that interesting, much rather give Pinto and Logan the opportunity, the latter on his last legs with the organization it appears.

The as-is roster has lottery pick potential, not necessarily the worst outcome in securing a franchise C prospect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
The training camp roster hasn't been officially announced yet, but this is the current list of players that will likely be there organized by position.

LW
Brady Tkachuk, Tim Stützle, Nick Paul, Alex Formenton, Angus Crookshank, Roby Jarventie, Parker Kelly, Cole Reinhardt, Tyrell Goulbourne

C

Josh Norris, Shane Pinto, Colin White, Chris Tierney, Ridly Greig, Logan Brown, Andrew Agozzino, Clark Bishop, Mark Kastelic, Zach Ostapchuk

RW

Drake Batherson, Connor Brown, Austin Watson, Egor Sokolov, Kole Sherwood, Pontus Aberg, Scott Sabourin, Logan Shaw, Carson Latimer

LD

Thomas Chabot, Michael Del Zotto, Nick Holden, Victor Mete, Erik Brannstrom, Dillon Heatherington, Jonathan Aspirot, Chandler Romeo, Zac Leslie

RD

Nikita Zaitsev, Artem Zub, Josh Brown, Jacob Bernard-Docker, Lassi Thomson, Maxence Guenette, Ben Roger, Colby Williams

G

Matt Murray, Anton Forsberg, Filip Gustavsson, Mads Soogaard, Kevin Mandolese, Leevi Merilainen

Last edited:

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
Tkachuk - Norris - White
Stutzle - Pinto - Batherson
Paul - Tierney - C.Brown
Formenton - Bishop - Watson
Kelly- TBD

Chabot - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - Zub
Del Zotto - Bernard-Docker
Holden - Brown/ Mete - Thomson

Murray
Gustavsson/Forsberg

• Give White a shot at the top line on RW, put Tierney in between Paul and C. Brown and leave Brannstrom with Zub, as all of these playing scenarios have been relatively successful in the past, and also for showcasing purposes for potential future trades
  • Pinto should be a 2C or better all season long unless a trade is made improving our depth or if he ends up needing time in the AHL
  • Gustavsson should be given the opportunity to be the backup until it is proven that last year was just a fluke.
  • Bishop makes the team to play with Formenton's speed and also because it balances the C out with two right shooters and 2 left shooters.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Tkachuk - Norris - White
Stutzle - Pinto - Batherson
Paul - Tierney - C.Brown
Formenton - Bishop - Watson
Kelly- TBD

Chabot - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - Zub
Del Zotto - Bernard-Docker
Holden - Brown/ Mete - Thomson

Murray
Gustavsson/Forsberg

• Give White a shot at the top line on RW, put Tierney in between Paul and C. Brown and leave Brannstrom with Zub, as all of these playing scenarios have been relatively successful in the past, and also for showcasing purposes for potential future trades
  • Pinto should be a 2C or better all season long unless a trade is made improving our depth or if he ends up needing time in the AHL
  • Gustavsson should be given the opportunity to be the backup until it is proven that last year was just a fluke.
  • Bishop makes the team to play with Formenton's speed and also because it balances the C out with two right shooters and 2 left shooters.

Se we dumped Logan and waived Forsberg and Mete or Brown ?

Not going to happened. Gus and JBD will start in the AHL.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Maybe it's already been brought up, but what about Paul between Stutzle & Batherson?

Tkachuk - Norris - White
Stutzle - Paul - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - C. Brown
Kelly/Grieg - Tierney - Watson
L.Brown

Obviously the hope is that Pinto or L. Brown step up, but I think Paul would be able to provide some solid enough play with them to start. Brown could switch in for Pinto, Tierney, and Kelly/Grieg (assuming Paul moves to LW for some games)

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Crookshank

Brandon
Apr 18, 2021
Stutzle - Norris - C. Brown
Tkachuk - Pinto - Batherson
N. Paul - L.Brown - White
Forementon - Teirney - Watson

First 2 lines in no particular order 1a/1b. Forementon should be a 3rd liner so White better show up.

Reactions: Icelevel

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
Se we dumped Logan and waived Forsberg and Mete or Brown ?

Not going to happened. Gus and JBD will start in the AHL.
I'm not concerned about what the team's opening lineup will be.

Ever notice the team has never started the season off playing as well as they do by the end of the season?

I just look at the potential line combinations, and let the coaches worry about who makes the team.

Losing a player that we picked up off of waivers by leaving him unprotected on waivers is the least of my worries.

And no one said anything about dumping Logan Brown.

He's way too fragile for that.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I'm not concerned about what the team's opening lineup will be.

Ever notice the team has never started the season off playing as well as they do by the end of the season?

I just look at the potential line combinations, and let the coaches worry about who makes the team.

Losing a player that we picked up off of waivers by leaving him unprotected on waivers is the least of my worries.

And no one said anything about dumping Logan Brown.

He's way too fragile for that.

logan can’t be sent to the minors and won’t be sitting . he’ll be moved, in the lineup, or injured.

Last edited:

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
logan can’t be sent to the minors and won’t be sitting . he’ll be moved, in the lineup, or injured.
Well he's always injured. I'd have to believe they've tried and are actively trying to move him, but there's likely little to no interest at the moment. I didn't realize he can't be sent down though.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I agree with that … but the same could go for Pinto, White, Formenton, Tierney. Watson etc.

I wouldn't include Watson, as we are thin on RW and he is good at his role, but wouldnt be surprised at all if Tierney and Pinto and, to a slightly lesser degree, if White and Formenton sit. IMO we have 7 fwds who will play every night they are healthy no matter what (Brady, Batherson, C. Brown, Norris, Stutzle, Paul & Watson) and then a bunch of others who will need to earn and keep their spot.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I wouldn't include Watson, as we are thin on RW and he is good at his role, but wouldnt be surprised at all if Tierney and Pinto and, to a slightly lesser degree, if White and Formenton sit. IMO we have 7 fwds who will play every night they are healthy no matter what (Brady, Batherson, C. Brown, Norris, Stutzle, Paul & Watson) and then a bunch of others who will need to earn and keep their spot.

I agree … a guy like Watson will need a maintenance day here and there.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Tkachuk - Norris - White
Stutzle - L Brown - Batherson
Formenton - Paul - C Brown
Tierney - Greig - Watson

That's my top 6. Pretty happy with it.

Chabot - Zeitsev
Del Zotto - Zub
Mete - Holden

My D core. Would rather Brannstrom in there, will wait and see what camp brings.

Would be very happy with that to start the season, and we can look forward to maybe being buyers if we start well with this group.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I have to say it, I just don't think White is a top line player especially at RW & don't think he has the playmaking ability & skillset to play with Norris & Tkachuk. IMO they need a playmaker at RW which is why Batherson fits on that line so well. I also don't like two playmakers on the same line because it takes away potential offence from another line. IMO if White moves from C to RW it will be on the 3rd line with whoever has taken the C job away from him like LB or Paul or if they bring someone else in.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I have to say it, I just don't think White is a top line player especially at RW & don't think he has the playmaking ability & skillset to play with Norris & Tkachuk. IMO they need a playmaker at RW which is why Batherson fits on that line so well. I also don't like two playmakers on the same line because it takes away potential offence from another line. IMO if White moves from C to RW it will be on the 3rd line with whoever has taken the C job away from him like LB or Paul or if they bring someone else in.

Still blows my mind that people think White is a 1RW ahead of Batherson and Brown. I can’t think of a better way to suffocate a first line.

Reactions: aragorn

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
Still blows my mind that people think White is a 1RW ahead of Batherson and Brown. I can’t think of a better way to suffocate a first line.
No one suffocates Tkachuk Norris.

Besides, it's about balance and chemistry.

As it stands Colin White's 18-19 season as a RW winger is only 2 points (2 goals) less than Connor Brown's 19-20 season, which is the most points in a season that any of our RWs have gotten to date, and Stutzle and Batherson as a duo have the next potential chemistry-wise in my opinion so I like the idea of keeping them together.

Paul and Connor Brown should also always be together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad