Line Combos: 2021-2022 depth chart and lines projections

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
With free agency in the books, the lineup is starting to take shape.

P² still has some irons in the fire but for now, who do people think will crack the roster?

C
Norris
Pinto
White
Tierney
L.Brown
Kelly
Bishop
Kastelic

LW

Tkachuck,
Stützle
Paul
Formenton

RW
Batherson
C.Brown
Watson
Sokolov

LHD
Chabot
Brannstrom
Mete
DelZotto
Holden
Aspirot

RHD
Zaitsev
Zub
J.Brown
Bernard-Docker
Thomson

Seems really thin on the wings, maybe some guys get bumped over from center, as much as I like them, no way we should have both Formenton and Sokolov written in before training camp. Heck, Pinto is being written in at center and probably would be best served getting some time in the AHL too.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Tkachuck Norris Batherson
Stützle Pinto CBrown
Formenton LBrown White
Paul Tierney Watson

Chabot Zaitsev
Brannstrom Zub
Mete MDZ
Holden
JBrown

It’s hard to see what style/roll that 3rd Line would play…. And Nick Paul isn’t playing behind Form.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
With free agency in the books, the lineup is starting to take shape.

P² still has some irons in the fire but for now, who do people think will crack the roster?

C
Norris
Pinto
White
Tierney
L.Brown
Kelly
Bishop
Kastelic

LW

Tkachuck,
Stützle
Paul
Formenton

RW
Batherson
C.Brown
Watson
Sokolov

LHD
Chabot
Brannstrom
Mete
DelZotto
Holden
Aspirot

RHD
Zaitsev
Zub
J.Brown
Bernard-Docker
Thomson

Seems really thin on the wings, maybe some guys get bumped over from center, as much as I like them, no way we should have both Formenton and Sokolov written in before training camp. Heck, Pinto is being written in at center and probably would be best served getting some time in the AHL too.
Formenton should be written in but not Sokolov.
Kelly can play the wing in that Sokolov spot.
Hopefully L Brown can battle Tierney unless something happens with either of them.

The d is the biggest question mark until Sanderson et al are ready to rock.
At least the LW looks solid.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
With how things stand right now, Logan Shaw would be in consideration for a roster spot. I see the groupings as such:

Surefire NHL forwrds, in no order:
1 - LW Tkachuk
2- LW Stützle
3- LW Paul
4- LW Formenton
5- C Norris
6- C/RW White
7- RW Batherson
8- RW C.Brown
9 - RW Watson

Trade or roster, in no order:
1 - C Tierney
2 - C L.Brown

Fringe, in no order:
1. C Pinto
2. C/LW Kelly
3. C Bishop
4. C/RW Shaw
5. C/LW Greig
6. RW Sokolov

I think Greig has a shot at starting the season with us, but don't think he will stick for too long. Sokolov will get more time in the A. Parker Kelly and Pinto may be there from Day 1 and I could see either one, or both, sticking.

Shaw is a bit of a forgotten player, but he is a big body with over 200 games of NHL experience. I would hope we add more depth up front and expect that we will, but with how things stand right now I'd expect him to get some NHL games.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I can't find the article now, but when dj smith was talking about his extension, he said he knew of a couple of forwards pierre was working on. It's almost certain we're not done.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Stutzle kinda lived his sophomore slump at the latter end of last season. I think he takes a step forward next season. We need to add another forward... unless the plan is to switch White to RW.

That was more of a White/Dadonov slump … he looked fine with decent players like Pinto, Norris, Brady, Bath etc.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I can't find the article now, but when dj smith was talking about his extension, he said he knew of a couple of forwards pierre was working on. It's almost certain we're not done.
They just played a clip on 1200 and he mentioned PD working on a couple things that will help.

Whether those things get done...well see.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Stutzle kinda lived his sophomore slump at the latter end of last season. I think he takes a step forward next season. We need to add another forward... unless the plan is to switch White to RW.

That's how advanced Stutzle is. He was so way ahead of the curve that he had his sophomore year in his first year. ;)

I still think we have a few big trades coming up to fill the gaps... before the signing of K-chuk

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That's how advanced Stutzle is. He was so way ahead of the curve that he had his sophomore year in his first year. ;)

I still think we have a few big trades coming up to fill the gaps... before the signing of K-chuk

I think we’re getting a Center to play with Stutzle … it’s going to sting.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I would rather go with the young players than trade for an old aging vet at forward; however, we know what Dorion is going to do. We have Tierney on an NHL contract

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - (Trade) - C.Brown
Formenton - Paul - White
(Trade) - Kelly/Bishop - Watson
Kelly/Bishop/Shaw

Chabot - Zaitsev
Del Zotto - Zub
Brann - J.Brown
Holden

Murray
Forsberg

This is what I'd bet on the opening night lineup looking like. I anticipate them shipping out some combination of Tierney, L.Brown, Mete, Abramov (rights) and picks for a C "upgrade". If they can't find a taker for Tierney he can center the 4th line with Kelly/Bishop on LW.

The one potential major wrinkle here is Shane Pinto playing his way onto the team. I kind of lean towards the team starting him in Belleville and making him play his way back up, but he clearly has the ability to be a top-nine option on this team. In that scenario Formenton starts on the 4th line and Pinto gets to play with Stutzle/Brown or Paul/White.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
This website is totally screwed up. Have a new iPhone and the site still dumps my posts before posting!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This website is totally screwed up. Have a new iPhone and the site still dumps my posts before posting!
Somebody else suggested that there might be an issue specifically with the iPhone automatically refreshing or something, I think @Ice-Tray was having similar problems, and it was suggested using a different browser. Not sure if that fixed things for @Ice-Tray or not.

Reactions: Cosmix

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Wonder if we bring in tarasenko

wonder what the price is

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Somebody else suggested that there might be an issue specifically with the iPhone automatically refreshing or something, I think @Ice-Tray was having similar problems, and it was suggested using a different browser. Not sure if that fixed things for @Ice-Tray or not.

Yup, duck duck go as my default browser has basically cured my HFSens woes, and there are no more ads.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Yup, duck duck go as my default browser has basically cured my HFSens woes, and there are no more ads.

I assume most of yall use smartphones to post? I use my laptop majority of the time and have little to no issues. Not sure I've ever attempted to post on my phone. Seems annoying tbh lol

Reactions: DrEasy and Ice-Tray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->