Line Combos: 2021-2022 depth chart and lines projections

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Is this your prediction on the starting lineup or your wish?
Prediction. I think Holden was just salary that had to come back in the trade with Vegas so I don't think there's actually a plan for him yet.

I think Tierney plays higher in the lineup till he's gone in hopes to maximize any return on him. Logan Brown is the only wish, I really hope he's ready to play this year but no idea what will happen with him.

I would be happy if Connor Brown was on a line with Paul and White, but we're very weak on the right side.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I know it’s not popular but the team doesn’t need Chabot beyond 3 years (or prob can’t afford him or $10 million of the next crop like Greig, Boucher etc ) . I think Brann and Sanderson could handle PP1 and PP2 … unless Brann gets moved.

Can’t afford is another conversation. We absolutely do need him if we have any hope of winning. No matter what else you have on your roster, you always need a guy that can drive play for you 30 minutes a night.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Can’t afford is another conversation. We absolutely do need him if we have any hope of winning. No matter what else you have on your roster, you always need a guy that can drive play for you 30 minutes a night.
Keeping Chabot at $10 will mean passing on 2-3 other prospects as they come off their ELC’s…. It’s not that simple.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Didn't go through entire thread, but noticed that JBD was absent in several lineups. Is he going to play in the AHL (or elsewhere) then?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I better not see Zaitsev in our top 4 this year, or better yet not see him at all in this line up!

Why. He s our best defender

Who has more experience & is better right now to replace him? And let's not forget he came here with DJ.

Ya, it would be great if we had 5 better defenseman that Zaitsev, or 2 if you consider what side he plays on, but we don't. And, that isn't particularly unusual if you compare to other teams as well. Zaitsev gets a bad rap and harsher criticism from some than warranted. Could be a carry over from his time with the Leafs and the criticism he got at that time.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Didn't go through entire thread, but noticed that JBD was absent in several lineups. Is he going to play in the AHL (or elsewhere) then?
Gven the guys they brought in I would assume that he starts the yr in Belleville, now that he has left school there is nowhere else for him to play unless it's the ECHL, but they need bodies in Belleville & I think he is good enough to play there. In fact, it won't surprise me if we see him in some games this yr likely after the TDL, he's a solid good all around two way defenceman.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
We'll have 7 defensemen on 1-way contracts and Brannstrom. He's going to have an uphill climb until the trade deadline.

Reactions: aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don’t remember how to post gifs here anymore but if I did, you would be met with one that would imply my disturbances.
1. Right click on image,

2. select copy image

3. Right click, select paste

upload_2021-8-2_13-38-17.png

Alternatively, you can link to a URL that end in a Jpeg, gif, PNG or other image extension using the little button that looks like a rectangle with a circle and two triangles representing a landscape with the sun and two mountains

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
1. Right click on image,

2. select copy image

3. Right click, select paste

View attachment 458741

Alternatively, you can link to a URL that end in a Jpeg, gif, PNG or other image extension using the little button that looks like a rectangle with a circle and two triangles representing a landscape with the sun and two mountains

Gotcha!

I could be mistaken, but back in the day you couldn’t just copy and paste the image, you had to put in the URL for every image?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Gotcha!

I could be mistaken, but back in the day you couldn’t just copy and paste the image, you had to put in the URL for every image?
Copy paste became an option when we migrated to Xenforo, so it's been around a few years now.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
We'll have 7 defensemen on 1-way contracts and Brannstrom. He's going to have an uphill climb until the trade deadline.
Yes, we do seem to have plenty of options. I just wonder where JBD is on the depth chart now, and where he is in relation to MDZ or maybe Josh Brown for example.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Yes, we do seem to have plenty of options. I just wonder where JBD is on the depth chart now, and where he is in relation to MDZ or maybe Josh Brown for example.

JBD will be in Belleville slotting himself at 1RD or maybe 2RD behind Lassi.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Well, let's see what happens. If JBD has to slot in because MDZ is weak before the end of the year, then you have to wonder if it wasn't a Stepan 2.0 scenario again.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Brannstrom is waiver exempt & they need defencemen in Belleville who can move the puck & add some offence. I doubt they brought in defencemen just to sit them & for the money they are getting I think they will play them given they have the experience this management team is always talking about. It's a long way until the TDL & injuries occur & should things go south they could make changes quickly but I think they go with this lineup until it proves it's not good enough & they slowly change one guy at a time. Remember they went with Reilly for quite a number of games last yr & he did well with Zub.

Chabot - Zaitsev
MDZ - Zub
Holden - J. Brown/Mete

The thing is that the NHL team needs defensemen who can move the puck just as much, if not more, than the AHL team. IN the AHL at least you can hope that JBD and Thomson might be puck movers at that level given that they showed offense at lower levels.

In the NHL, as puck movers we have Chabot and Brannstrom. That's it.

Defensive depth. GOOD defensive depth is still a problem for the organization.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The thing is that the NHL team needs defensemen who can move the puck just as much, if not more, than the AHL team. IN the AHL at least you can hope that JBD and Thomson might be puck movers at that level given that they showed offense at lower levels.

In the NHL, as puck movers we have Chabot and Brannstrom. That's it.

Defensive depth. GOOD defensive depth is still a problem for the organization.
Isn't that why MDZ was brought in to move the puck, otherwise I'm not sure why they signed him for 2 yrs. Mete can move the puck too, although who knows if they re-sign him or not & whether he plays or is a depth D.

My guess is that they try & move both Holden & J. Brown at the TDL then bring up whoever is playing well in Belleville which I suspect should be JBD, Brann & hopefully Thomson too. Then we can see if they are NHL ready or not. Of course, if they are in a playoff race they might keep their UFAs instead of trying to move them. Should be an interesting yr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad