Line Combos: 2021-2022 depth chart and lines projections

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Logan is behind all of them. He is not an organizational priority. Pinto, Formenton, Sokolov and Greig are all more important to the Sens than Logan Brown.

I don’t see that as a 100% certainty. Even Wilson today suggested he will be at camp etc.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
The team can actually make room for Logan now that Dadonov is gone even if they sign another center. I think Logan will be more receptive to the team if they make an effort to make room for him.

Something like:

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stutzle Pinto Brown
Formenton Brown White
Paul Tierney Watson

or if they want Pinto in the AHL and more established players:

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stutzle Brown White
Formenton Tierney Brown
Paul 4th line center Watson

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The team can actually make room for Logan now that Dadonov is gone even if they sign another center. I think Logan will be more receptive to the team if they make an effort to make room for him.

Something like:

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stutzle Pinto Brown
Formenton Brown White
Paul Tierney Watson

or if they want Pinto in the AHL and more established players:

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stutzle Brown White
Formenton Tierney Brown
Paul 4th line center Watson
I like the idea of Logan Brown making the team I am just not sure how likely it will be. Ideally I'd like to see this tried to begin the season.

Tkachuk Norris White
Stutzle Pinto C. Brown
Paul L. Brown Batherson
Formenton Tierney Watson

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I like the idea of Logan Brown making the team I am just not sure how likely it will be. Ideally I'd like to see this tried to begin the season.

Tkachuk Norris White
Stutzle Pinto C. Brown
Paul L. Brown Batherson
Formenton Tierney Watson

I would prefer Batherson to replace White, White to replace Formenton and Formenton to replace Batherson in the above lineup. It might lead to a bad start with the above roster but it could payoff near the middle or end of the season. Next season is likely going to be a development one anyway and the young prospects could better use the ice time than old ageing vets that won't be here in the following season or two.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I would prefer Batherson to replace White, White to replace Formenton and Formenton to replace Batherson in the above lineup. It might lead to a bad start with the above roster but it could payoff near the middle or end of the season. Next season is likely going to be a development one anyway and the young prospects could better use the ice time than old ageing vets that won't be here in the following season or two.
Whites best when he plays prickly. On that line he will be dragged into it. I think it maximizes his skill set. Logan Brown needs some skill to be effective I'd like to see him back with the old line of Paul and Batherson.

I get what you're saying with where you want guys. Eventually there will be injuries anyway. Hoping they try a few different things this year up front.

Reactions: Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If they were to reunite the Paul, l. Brown & Batherson line that had so much success in Belleville & they regained their magic they would have 3 good NHL lines & one energy line. We already know how good Tkachuk & Norris are, maybe Sokolov could continue his success in Belleville with these two here in Ottawa. He's already got NHL size & it's really just his skating that is keeping him back, but with the loss of weight & one good yr under his belt, maybe he can make that transition now instead of later. Unfortunately, with this org my guess is they wait until after the TDL before they call up Sokolov & it might be a little too late for this yr.

Tkachuk - Norris - Sokolov
Stutzle - Pinto - C. Brown
Paul - L. Brown - Batherson
Formenton - White - Watson/Tierny

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
If they were to reunite the Paul, l. Brown & Batherson line that had so much success in Belleville & they regained their magic they would have 3 good NHL lines & one energy line. We already know how good Tkachuk & Norris are, maybe Sokolov could continue his success in Belleville with these two here in Ottawa. He's already got NHL size & it's really just his skating that is keeping him back, but with the loss of weight & one good yr under his belt, maybe he can make that transition now instead of later. Unfortunately, with this org my guess is they wait until after the TDL before they call up Sokolov & it might be a little too late for this yr.

LOL, while I liked that you moved White and Tierney to the bottom line to make room for Sokolov, I'm not sure DJ will agree.

I do actually like the lines if we switch White and Sokolov. White is nothing if no a good shooter and defensively responsible (which Tkachuk isn't). It could work with White as a trigger man.

Tkachuk - Norris - White
Formenton - Tierney - Watson

Tierney/Formenton as a lethal PK duo together. Pinto/Brown as the other. Paul there to help L.Brown on draws. White/Tkachuk there to help Norris on draws.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
F*** I forgot Tierney is still on the team...
Those must have been happy times. I imagine your reaction to that realization went something like this:

1Cef.gif

Reactions: bert and Samsquanch

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I don’t see that as a 100% certainty. Even Wilson today suggested he will be at camp etc.
They haven't fully moved on from him but they must be pretty skeptical he is going to pan out. When they give consideration to how this team might look over the next few years I doubt they are penciling Logan Brown in to those projected lineups. If he is still with the organization come training camp he will get a look but he will need to really stand out and take a massive step forward. The Sens aren't handing out opportunities and there are plenty of prospects who are ready to outcompete him if he isn't firing on all cylinders right from the get go.

tstracuzza

Jan 18, 2017
I assume most of yall use smartphones to post? I use my laptop majority of the time and have little to no issues. Not sure I've ever attempted to post on my phone. Seems annoying tbh lol
Ever heard of texting lol

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
They haven't fully moved on from him but they must be pretty skeptical he is going to pan out. When they give consideration to how this team might look over the next few years I doubt they are penciling Logan Brown in to those projected lineups. If he is still with the organization come training camp he will get a look but he will need to really stand out and take a massive step forward. The Sens aren't handing out opportunities and there are plenty of prospects who are ready to outcompete him if he isn't firing on all cylinders right from the get go.

I think that depends on the medical info the Sens access… fans thought it was “lame” he missed so much but he could easily have been on a 12+ month rehab program focused on correcting the cause of his injuries … the Sens may be happy with the progression and he could be on schedule for healthy play in two months.

A healthy Logan should be this teams top prospect (or most ready anyway) … and unhealthy Logan is a top 10 prospect … that’s a big swing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I've always liked Brown but I got to figure even if he has a killer year the team might be hesitant to commit themselves to a guy who has a history of being injured half the season. Instead of him being a part of the long term plan they might try and cash in and trade him should he do well this year.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

WOuld love to see that lineup (without Tierney ;) )

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I doubt the Sens are finished .. They will add at least 1 more piece.
I also think , if Colin White comes in and has a good camp they will give him another chance at 2C; unless they add a C .. then he may move to RW or play 3C. They want him to succeed and will give him the opportunity. Pinto will be impacted as well. I don't think they slide him into 2C to start off with. He may very well end up there in the 2nd half depending... but they will not put that kind of pressure on him immediately. They have a solid option of moving White to RW .. there is an opening there now.

I think on D we have 4 starters out of the gate... Chabot, Holden, Zub, Zaitsev.. who gets the other 2 spots is up for grabs , with MDZ having the inside track , but could be bumped on one of them. I also think they would have J Brown lightly penciled in on the right side.

Paul will be an option at C as well and I think they give him a look there. If Logan brown cracks the lineup I think he will as a 4C and will get PP time.

Should be a good camp .. And so far no Stepan and no Paquette and no Galchenyuk and no camp MVP Anisimov to muddy the waters

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I doubt the Sens are finished .. They will add at least 1 more piece.
I also think , if Colin White comes in and has a good camp they will give him another chance at 2C; unless they add a C .. then he may move to RW or play 3C. They want him to succeed and will give him the opportunity. Pinto will be impacted as well. I don't think they slide him into 2C to start off with. He may very well end up there in the 2nd half depending... but they will not put that kind of pressure on him immediately. They have a solid option of moving White to RW .. there is an opening there now.

I think on D we have 4 starters out of the gate... Chabot, Holden, Zub, Zaitsev.. who gets the other 2 spots is up for grabs , with MDZ having the inside track , but could be bumped on one of them. I also think they would have J Brown lightly penciled in on the right side.

Paul will be an option at C as well and I think they give him a look there. If Logan brown cracks the lineup I think he will as a 4C and will get PP time.

Should be a good camp .. And so far no Stepan and no Paquette and no Galchenyuk and no camp MVP Anisimov to muddy the waters
I don't see White ever being the 2C we need going forward. Love if he proves that wrong, but at this point the way i see it, it's either 3C/2RW/3RW, and that would be just fine. Although, yes that 2RW would be hard to grab because of competition.
I like the progress he showed last year, so if he continues that trend(working harder, driving the net, shooting) then i'd like him on the team.

Reactions: Duncstar and DJB

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Shane Wright, Brad Lambert and Matthew Savoie in 2022.
Connor Bedard in 2023.

Any of those 4 and the rebuild would be complete (with no need for Eichel).

Tkachuk - Wright - Batherson
Stützle - Norris - Sokolov
Formenton - Pinto - C. Brown
Paul - Kelly - Boucher
Greig, Watson

Chabot - Parayko/Marino/Trouba (Brännström + White++)
Sanderson - Zub
Kleven - JBD
Thomson

Murray
Gustavsson​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad